PDA

View Full Version : Brake light came on

R3GUL8OR
07-06-2008, 06:57 PM
OK I tried to do a search on this, and dint come up with anything really helpful (besides maybe a bad ABS sensor?) so I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and how to fix it.

While driving, my brake light on the instrument cluster will come on for a little while, then go away, then come back on. Just really random. Thats the only light, no ABS light or anything else. No blown strut, and it does go away, but then comes back. Any ideas?

Thanks guys

spike 03EP3
07-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Could be something as easy as the e-brake light switch in the center console is out of adjustment, when you hit bumps in the road it makes contact and turns your light on?

R3GUL8OR
07-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Could be something as easy as the e-brake light switch in the center console is out of adjustment, when you hit bumps in the road it makes contact and turns your light on?

actually yeah. I thought it was my brake fluid being low too, but its to the max line. So maybe the light switch is out of adjustment?

kaisertj
07-10-2008, 12:40 PM

My bets on that. I had the same thing happening when I would accelerate briskly or taking hard corners. Then it would just go away, pretty sure its just the E-brake. Still does it, but only during those times.

ep3bugg
07-24-2008, 09:25 PM
ok well that didnt fix the problem..... now it is periodically turning on and off.... maybe it is just a bad connection somewhere....

oneglory
07-24-2008, 09:28 PM
2003 called...they want their brake fluid joke back.

R3GUL8OR
07-25-2008, 08:10 PM
2003 called...they want their brake fluid joke back.

lame. lol