PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going back to stock.

clutch797
07-07-2008, 10:39 AM
This is not a for sale thread,

Ok, So i have had a few things in my life that have come up and i'm shifting my priorities. I can't make up my mind if I should get rid of my kpro or not. I am running an k24 atm and know that i don't need kpro to make it work just a stock ecu and 310cc injectors. If i were to get rid of kpro what steps do i need to take to get the new ecu an immobilizer to work? Should I get rid of kpro? I Just can't seem to make up my mind if i need to do this or not. i know i need the money but not sure if the steps i will need to take to get it to work again is worth the hassle.

FoReVaPmP
07-07-2008, 10:50 AM
This is not a for sale thread,

Ok, So i have had a few things in my life that have come up and i'm shifting my priorities. I can't make up my mind if I should get rid of my kpro or not. I am running an k24 atm and know that i don't need kpro to make it work just a stock ecu and 310cc injectors. If i were to get rid of kpro what steps do i need to take to get the new ecu an immobilizer to work? Should I get rid of kpro? I Just can't seem to make up my mind if i need to do this or not. i know i need the money but not sure if the steps i will need to take to get it to work again is worth the hassle.

I'm pretty sure you've already made up your mind on what you "should" do. But, if I was in your shoes, I'd keep the K-pro and leave that as the "last" mod for the Ep3 for a while....

The money for the K-pro will be nice,but you will take a hit on some of the mulah from buying a used ECU, taking it to the Honda Dealer to have the immobilizer sync'd and the down time of your car. IMO.

G/L on your decision :mbiggrin:

clutch797
07-07-2008, 10:59 AM
See and that's kinda how i felt. I know honda is going to charge me a fair amount to sync the immobilizer to the ecu and to buy a new ecu that will go for around 200-300 bucks. On the flip side i do know some people that sell their kpro they ask for the stock ecu in trade and still charge $900 for it. I really would like to sell it and take the money but, i'm still unsure if it's worth it.

EPSU3
07-07-2008, 11:03 AM
yeah, it would be great to get the money for the kpro, but there is the hassle of swapping/syncing and the down time. I'm sure you could work out a deal with someone though after a week or so and make things work out. Good luck, I've had to sell stuff to pay bills/tuition. Hope it works out for you. I'd buy it from you if I had the cash. Just sold my intake to buy books

clutch797
07-07-2008, 11:07 AM
I feel ya. If someone in my area wanted it that might be a diffrent story since all we would have to do is meet up at a honda dealer and do the swap in the lot. But finding someone in my area with an ep is hard let alone someone that wants kpro. Since i don't run any kind of f/i anymore i really just don't see a big need for it.