PDA

View Full Version : Suspension issues

RS_man
07-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I have been experiencing some issues with my suspension lately that is starting to worry me. From what I have experienced and tested is that there is unwanted travel occuring where my passenger side wheel seems to wander. Its almost as if the Tie rod isnt secure in the steering rack. When the car was parked the other day I turned the key to "on", so I could freely move the steering, and I heard a rather unsettling "cha-clunk" when turning right to left and left to right. Is this just a sign that my EP is in need of an alignment? or is it something more severe?

I would greatly appreciate any insight.

ep_hatcher_510
07-07-2008, 09:16 PM
did u check ur ball joint?

madcityEP
07-07-2008, 09:20 PM
i had the same problem. How low is your EP? mine sits at 2.5" lower than stock and i autoX it about every weekend. My Tie rod on the passenger side blew out 3 times because of how low it sits. The problem is when the car is lowered the steering rods are forced to invert instead of lay flat, and it can also damage the rack. The solution i found was the TR1 tie rod ends, and the steering response is amazing!!

http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/product.php?productid=1428&cat=78&page=3

pricey ... little bit but a lot less that a new tie rod end ever 5k or a new steering rack.

RS_man
07-08-2008, 06:19 AM
did u check ur ball joint?

I am still running the rubber ball joints from factroy with about 75k on them. Im thinking they should be replaced here very soon. Which brings me to ask this: Where can I find some Front Aluminum CA's?

i had the same problem. How low is your EP? mine sits at 2.5" lower than stock and i autoX it about every weekend. My Tie rod on the passenger side blew out 3 times because of how low it sits. The problem is when the car is lowered the steering rods are forced to invert instead of lay flat, and it can also damage the rack. The solution i found was the TR1 tie rod ends, and the steering response is amazing!!

http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/product.php?productid=1428&cat=78&page=3

pricey ... little bit but a lot less that a new tie rod end ever 5k or a new steering rack.

I'm lowered on a MugenSS with an alignment. I was looking at those TRE's last night... may have to get some of those.

dichotomous
07-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I had similar problems and my ball joint was bad on one side, it was rough getting it out too

madcityEP
07-08-2008, 09:58 AM
one note on the TR1s, because they are all metal they do clunk a bit, but a car with as much suspension done to it as mine will clunk lol.