PDA

View Full Version : funny story about a stupid guy

cbecker333
11-20-2002, 05:19 PM
my neighbor was cool, I thought...cuz he drives a schnazzy blue integra. Then I saw him wax it in 40 degree weather (which isn't bad, I've waxed in similar weather). The thing is, he left the wax on for no less than 24 hours! I think it rained or something and he just lost interest. He drove it around a bit with the wax still on the paint, too. For a bit I thought maybe there was something he knew that I didn't...like maybe he had magic super wax that is supposed to stay on extra long. I don't think so, though. I laughed so hard the next day when he went out there and used a mere 6"x6" cloth and struggled to de-wax the car for a full 1.5 hours! That wax must have been so rock hard. What a dumbass.

william
11-20-2002, 07:59 PM
i've read in many reputable detailing books that leaving the wax on your car to "cure" for at least 24hours is a good thing. But leaving his car in the sun is dumb. But yeah, leaving the wax on is a good thing.

IceD out N CALI
11-29-2002, 04:47 PM
must have been a bear to get it off

natesi
01-04-2003, 04:11 PM
If you do the three step zanio wax process you're suppose to put at least one coat on for 24 hours (but don't let it cook in the sun). You can put more coats on too, but obviously you can't drive your car around, so it's time consuming. Each coat is suppose to make the paint "deeper"/richer.

rick77f
01-05-2003, 12:11 AM
And it does.