PDA

View Full Version : Depo Projector Feed back

player757
07-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Well hopefully by now at least a few members have purchased these. i was hoping if could get some feed back on quality of these lights. also some pictures would be nice too. i got a tw ep and i was hoping to see some white ones with the stock bumper with these lights. oh yeah any leaking issues or fog?

Kodeen
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
There are pics of a taffy with these installed in the speedstar racing section.

player757
07-09-2008, 01:35 PM
There are pics of a taffy with these installed in the speedstar racing section.

thanks, no one has any feed back on these lights what so ever. that kinda weird considering at least a few people have purchased these. share the love guys.

blackout
07-09-2008, 01:57 PM
We had a set on the Corsport EP a looooong time ago, they burnt out and the halos didn't always work right. IMO they are garbage... But they did send a brand new set to replace them. We sold them and put oem lights back on the car.

Kodeen
07-09-2008, 02:05 PM
We had a set on the Corsport EP a looooong time ago, they burnt out and the halos didn't always work right. IMO they are garbage... But they did send a brand new set to replace them. We sold them and put oem lights back on the car.

He's talking about the replicas of the CTR headlights.

There's like 3 threads about them, just search around.

player757
07-09-2008, 03:00 PM

i have searched but nothing as far as feed back on them just a bunch of people jerking each other off as to how they like the way they look and how there gonna buy them, no acutaly information

SiR R8TD
07-09-2008, 03:26 PM
i have searched but nothing as far as feed back on them just a bunch of people jerking each other off as to how they like the way they look and how there gonna buy them, no acutaly information

Lol... funny shit! I've heard some people complain about fogging on the 02-03 headlight depot CTR replicas, nothing about the 04-05 yet. I personally like they look ok at best, just my 2 cents

v1c10us
07-09-2008, 04:09 PM
the group buy on the speed star sub forum has several pictures and pages of discussion and feed back

EPSU3
07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
yeah, lots of threads on this but very few people actually have them. I've been looking around too. I was going to go with the anzos with the halos and just not plug the halos in because I hear they burn out fast just like blackout said. If I had the money i'd get the depots. wow, i guess my response was more of just jerking around. sorry

Kodeen
07-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Well SSR has my money for them, after I get them and chrome out the trim I may do a writeup.

In the meantime, this is the most informative of the threads so far.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47867

freelunch
07-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm actually working to swap TSX projectors into the housings.

One of the chrome rings on my right headlight came blemished and now I have to find a way to cover it up

Danman281
07-09-2008, 06:06 PM
In the end I am very happy with the purchase. Quality is pretty good, although I accidentally broke one of the mounting points. Not sure if it was the quality of the plastic or not.

player757
07-09-2008, 08:25 PM
any one have a 02-03 hows the install also for 700 is it worth it to get the HID or just stay Halogen and save the 300?

RHCP0801
07-09-2008, 08:40 PM
you can get HIDs a lot cheaper elsewhere

Kodeen
07-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm going with a halogen setup because they're halogen projectors and I don't feel like retrofitting in some legit HID lenses. I'm using PIAA hyper white bulbs, hopefully they'll be pretty good. The light output in RHCP's thread looked pretty good (he was using halogens).

D3xn2o
07-10-2008, 10:57 AM
I got them... the beam pattern is ok... for now, Im just using the halogens but when i upgrade to the H1 HID's I might have some glare issues but whatever

I have an NHBP Ep I think most of us that for the lights have NHBP those are the only pix i see of them up

ohhh an no Leaking issues... I went threw the car wash a few times already everything is perfect... fitment is perfect :thumb:

my ep is a 02-03 save yourself the extra cash on the harness and make it yourself like i did i spent like 40 bucks on the harness and i still have mad wire left over...

honestly you dont need the Hid's to start off the beam extends pretty far

just stick to the halogens to start off

Im very happy with them as will you....

v1c10us
07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
anyone who wants to send me a pair feel free.
I'll disect it and mod the projector for better light output and a straight, clean, cut off line full of color.

blackout
07-10-2008, 02:14 PM

oh your right, when I read "projector" I totally just thought about the Anzo lights... Those were the ones I was describing.
:mconfused:

WhiteComet
07-11-2008, 02:45 PM
My car was the "guinea pig" that was installed by Wayne from SSR used to install them so here are my thoughts after having them for 2 months.

The quality is very good. The gunmetal color, the projector, and overall design look extremely close to the real thing. I even held them up side by side by Wayne's JDM projectors and almost coudnt tell the difference.

The fitment is very good for a replica. The replicas stick out slighly more than the real thing. About .25 inch more, but it is barely noteceable unless you are nitpicky. The part the does stick out is flush so it doesnt look at all.

Light pattern is decent. I have 6000K HIDs in them, and many people say they are bright as hell. There are some glare issues but oevrall I am very happy with them and will buy them again. There are no leaks whatsoever.

One thing that is a PITA is the location of the parking lights. It's tucked in such a way that you can't replace the bulbs wihout removing the bumper but this is an issue even with the real things. All the other lights u can replace without removing the bumper.

Overall I would definitely buy them again!

Kodeen
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
I have 6000K HIDs in them, and many people say they are bright as hell. There are some glare issues ...

Cool, now I'm glad I decided to go halogen-only with them. I can always retrofit TSX prjectors in later if I want to go HID (someone said there's a good mounting point right on the housings for the TSX ballasts).

RHCP0801
07-11-2008, 03:33 PM
My car was the "guinea pig" that was installed by Wayne from SSR used to install them so here are my thoughts after having them for 2 months.

The quality is very good. The gunmetal color, the projector, and overall design look extremely close to the real thing. I even held them up side by side by Wayne's JDM projectors and almost coudnt tell the difference.

The fitment is very good for a replica. The replicas stick out slighly more than the real thing. About .25 inch more, but it is barely noteceable unless you are nitpicky. The part the does stick out is flush so it doesnt look at all.

Light pattern is decent. I have 6000K HIDs in them, and many people say they are bright as hell. There are some glare issues but oevrall I am very happy with them and will buy them again. There are no leaks whatsoever.

One thing that is a PITA is the location of the parking lights. It's tucked in such a way that you can't replace the bulbs wihout removing the bumper but this is an issue even with the real things. All the other lights u can replace without removing the bumper.

i agree, the parking lights were a bitch to get in but overall im really happy with the purchase

D3xn2o
07-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Cool, now I'm glad I decided to go halogen-only with them. I can always retrofit TSX prjectors in later if I want to go HID (someone said there's a good mounting point right on the housings for the TSX ballasts).

yea that was me a while ago... the mount points are right under the headlights....

you dont have to take the bumpers off to replace the marker or the turn signal it is a PITA but you can get to them just be crafty sneak your arm past your fender lining and the sockets are right there.... thats how i did it thats how my buddy BDooley will do it... and i think it will work pretty well for all of you now that i said it

anyone who wants to send me a pair feel free.
I'll disect it and mod the projector for better light output and a straight, clean, cut off line full of color.

you live too far... Shipping FTMFL and i wouldnt be able to drive my car soooo no

how much?

player757
07-12-2008, 09:24 AM
that dead light zone right infront of the projector. any one know if you can see that from inside the car?

D3xn2o
07-12-2008, 10:14 AM
that dead light zone right infront of the projector. any one know if you can see that from inside the car?

no you cant.... but thats y im suggesting for people to get fogs aswell

magically that void disappears :rockon:

WhiteComet
07-12-2008, 07:00 PM

Actually u can kinda see it...it doesnt really bother me tho

Kodeen
07-13-2008, 06:48 AM
If you are planning to take these apart to black them out or modify the projector or anything, be very, very careful when pulling them apart. The bracket that holds the projector and high-beam reflector together and in place is made of a cheap, flimsy plastic that will break easily.

player757
07-13-2008, 07:51 AM
no you cant.... but thats y im suggesting for people to get fogs aswell

magically that void disappears :rockon:

good for me i have ion fogs ftw