PDA

View Full Version : My first EP Hatch Accident

519.EP3
07-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I was at work today and 15 mins before the end of my shift a couple co-workers came in and were telling me to stay calm and then told me someone hit my car in the parking lot.

Good thing was they saw it all and kept the girl there.

This girl was driving her 'boyfriends' huge chev pickup 1/2 ton. she backed right into the front end of my hatch and apparently kept backing and backing almost not even realizing she hit my car.

I dont really have experience with this!

I reported to police and went have contacted insurance. waiting on the call from the claims adjuster.

My entire front bumper w/ lip are in the hatch and grill in the front seat. I have no idea how many clips and little things are busted. there is also some damage on the fenders...dont know if this will get cleaned up or replaced.

could anyone provide me some insight on getting this replaced or fixed up.
Id like to get hfp front lip even though I had the wings west lip on. I guess, i'll have to see what the adjuster says.
any tips and tricks for working with insurance companies would be nice as well if there are any.

I would post pix but right now its almost like an ep with no front end. i dont think there is damage to the headlights/hood.

Breakep3
07-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Get a rental asap, they are required to give you one.

Squeeze every once of money out of them. Prepare a list of the aftermarket parts you had installed. When I got in a wreck in my celica, the persons insurance company had to cover my aftermarket front bumper.

civictype_r04
07-08-2008, 06:04 PM
That sucks man but yea get everything you can out of them.

IsaacEK
07-08-2008, 08:09 PM
That sucks man but yea get everything you can out of them.

x2

Could always be a lot worse, but still a shitty deal that someone hit your car.

socmex7
07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
damn, i bet the girl would have left and never know that she f**ked up a car... this is why i firmly believe that you should need to pass a special test in order to drive trucks and suv's...

EP_404349
07-08-2008, 10:12 PM
damn sorry to hear but yea like everyone said get as much as you can from them... my first accident with my ep was my last... ep was totalled twisted frame, est. cost was $18K to fix by honda... dude t-boned me cuz he was running late to work... so yea...

v1c10us
07-08-2008, 11:05 PM
heres the thing
If they quote you an OEM bumper and OEM headlights and grill and what ever else is fucked up it's going to be soo expensive.
I might be wrong but I think you could get the JDM replacements for less than the USDM parts new, and you'll have some cash left over for something something

riceboy075
07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
dude like you should sue, i would . ide be like f....ck you hit me b..tch

charles
07-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Get a rental asap, they are required to give you one.

Squeeze every once of money out of them. Prepare a list of the aftermarket parts you had installed. When I got in a wreck in my celica, the persons insurance company had to cover my aftermarket front bumper.

yup, get your aftermarket stuff qouted. When i wrecked my jdm front bumper/lip/rebar, I claimed it and they replaced it. good luck.

can i see pics? when u can though

Windchaser
07-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Don't worry. She was at fault so her insurance company will pay for everything via your insurance company.

superchargedk20
07-09-2008, 02:03 AM
all ur aftermarket stuff should be covered. i just crashed my ep. 4k worth of damage. everything was covered. I hit a curb and just messed up the ep. What i learned was go to the most expensive body shop around and then the adjuster and body shop will talk price. once that happens the insurance should send the check to you, then take ur car and go somewhere cheaper and see if u can get some goodies for ur ep3

frm_808
07-09-2008, 02:04 AM
damn, hope it all works out man.

519.EP3
07-09-2008, 03:46 AM
A co-worker was around work with their camera and it had 2 shots worth of battery left. I had to snap a couple shots just incase they were needed for some reason.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z213/skotbot/2003%20Civic%20SIR/100_0960.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z213/skotbot/2003%20Civic%20SIR/100_0959.jpg

not sure if there is enough damage to replace lights and hood. I wonder about the other parts though.

I was looking at the cost of the wingswest lip and then it needs to be painted while the hfp comes fully painted. probably same cost or cheaper.

i assume it will cost and arm and a leg to fix through honda oem prices.
I remember asking them about one headlight and it was gona cost 400$ for the one! we'll see I guess.

I have to ask around as to the best shops in my city for this kind of work. I have to wait for the adjuster to call me today to look at the car and see what they think and authorize the rental car. then I can take it to a shop and get a real quote.

lordofthesiths
07-09-2008, 04:20 AM
get a repair quote from the honda dealer and submit that to the insurance.
dealers are more expensive than most shops so that should get you more money.

Passenger
07-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh man I am sorry. I've been a fan of your car since I first got on here.. (for 2 WHOLE MONTHS DOOD!!) What was that stupid bitch doing driving her boyfriend's dad's jacked up truck for inthe first place??
I'd milk the hell out of her. Then I'd milk the insurance for all the money I could get. :mbiggrin:

minivan_assassin
07-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Jesus, dude, she didn't hit your car, she ran over it. :meek: But yeah, insurance should pay for all of your goodies. It's a good thing your friends caught her because she probably would have hauled ass. How damaged was the truck?

Bobster3825
07-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Wow that sucks to hear man... Hope everything works out

NyQuil
07-17-2008, 06:58 PM
damn man, seeing those pictures hurt :mfrown:

proudtobeawesom
07-17-2008, 07:37 PM
man that sucks there probably wasnt even a scratch on that trucks bumper ethier

good luck with everything

~kevin