PDA

View Full Version : TORQUE VS HORSEPOWER on your EP3

koftaboy
07-08-2008, 11:36 PM
DOSE any one know how many ways or how to gain more torque over WHP on your EP3?????????? :mrolleyes:

v1c10us
07-09-2008, 12:33 AM
k24 with tiny exhaust will net you like 145 torque 130 hp.

XphatfreezaX
07-09-2008, 12:35 AM
sounds about right... restrict the exhaust and you'll restrict the hp... a turbo setup will get you a lot of tq... but also a lot of hp. i'm sure it can be done!

Nitrofaint
07-09-2008, 01:10 AM
JRSC'd K24a1 with the stock exhaust manifold and stock exhaust

or substitute the JRSC with the Greddy turbo kit.

Have Kpro? Even better! You can run it on the rich side to give you that extra low end kick. lol

Nitrofaint
07-09-2008, 01:11 AM
I forgot to ask... Why is it that you want more torque than horsepower?

They go hand in hand. Hp = Torque X RPM in basic terms. I forgot the equation.

You may be looking for a flat consistent torque curve that can get you around pretty well in street driving. It's attainable with the right combination of mods and/or swap.

dustyboner
07-09-2008, 01:42 AM
HP = torque X RPM

illusionsoflife
07-09-2008, 01:42 AM

You may be looking for a flat consistent torque curve that can get you around pretty well in street driving. It's attainable with the right combination of mods and/or swap.

cause he problem wants to show those people civics can have tq. cause he is a ricer.

dustyboner
07-09-2008, 01:43 AM
HP = Torque @ 5252 RPMs

v1c10us
07-09-2008, 01:45 AM
I always thought horsepower was how much work the engine can do over time.

Nitrofaint
07-09-2008, 01:50 AM
HP = torque X RPM

Arrigato. :bow:

cause he problem wants to show those people civics can have tq. cause he is a ricer.

That's contradictory. Ricer like to rev there cars. :mconfused:

Then again our torque peaks at between 4000-5000 rpm on the a3. That may not be the ideal platform for what he may be looking for.

dustyboner
07-09-2008, 01:58 AM

どういたしまして
douitashimashite

minivan_assassin
07-09-2008, 02:02 AM

Uhhh...fail :mrolleyes:

frm_808
07-09-2008, 02:05 AM
but why?

dustyboner
07-09-2008, 02:31 AM
for a car to have more TORQUE than HP, it needs to make PEAK HP at an RPM lower than 5252 RPMs

davisj3537
07-09-2008, 06:04 AM
My old a3 make 262ft lbs of tq and only 258whp when it was greddy turboed.

Strife
07-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Torque and Honda don't go in the same sentence.

ShadySi
07-09-2008, 06:57 AM

QFT

Why not make hp? TQ and fwd just arent a good combo

03Si757
07-09-2008, 09:06 AM
QFT

Why not make hp? TQ and fwd just arent a good combo

Oh it is when you can control it :mcool:

0h5ive_EP3
07-09-2008, 09:20 AM

Hondas don't have torque:mbiggrin: LMAO

im interested as well in this subject... any suggestions for NA a3 or that's just not possible

v1c10us
07-09-2008, 01:37 PM
its possible its just like, why bother, you could spend years trying to find out how to do it and then spend tons of money on parts that only give you low end. and then find that your car is slower than before because it now as 100 hp but 140 torque. woooo!

v1c10us
07-09-2008, 01:41 PM
on another note
get 8:1 compression pistons and boost the car 6-8 psi and rev it to the statosphere.

there you go.

Zzyzx
07-09-2008, 01:55 PM
I always thought horsepower was how much work the engine can do over time.

Horsepower is simply an expression of torque @ RPM.

Probably the best explanation of the whole Torque Vs HP question can be found here
http://www.vettenet.org/torquehp.html

End result... You want your Torque curve to be as long and flat as possible and have it Peak in as high of an RPM as possible. This will of course mean you will have high HP.... but HP really doesn't mean any thing useful to anything but car nuts that like to show off to each other. If they started quoting HP @ RPM... then it would mean something.

To quote the article

Repeat after me. "It is better to make torque at high rpm than at low rpm, because you can take advantage of *gearing*." :-)

The reason Hondas typically redline at as high an RPM as they do is in effort to do the above... "Take advantage of gearing".

v1c10us
07-09-2008, 04:35 PM
right, because if you made a billion horsepower at 300 rpms you're wheels would be turning slowly but you'd be able to tow earth

Deadphishy
07-09-2008, 06:43 PM
When my motor is done i'll show you guys NA Tq. I'll be running a DCRH with a 2.25in mid-pipe with an ultra quiet resonator, and stock axle back.
(Sleeper)

K24a1
11.8/1 compression Coated CP pistons
TSX head casting rsx cams.
EP3 stock intake manifold and TB
Injen CAI claimed to be designed for 3k-5k power

Bad boy should make peak tq early,
I'm hoping for 220whp and 200 ft lbs on E85
Later i'll upgrade to an 06 tsx intake cam. maybe exhaust too.

right, because if you made a billion horsepower at 300 rpms you're wheels would be turning slowly but you'd be able to tow earth

that would be 17.5 billion ft lbs of torque

BlownSi05
07-10-2008, 11:06 AM
When my motor is done i'll show you guys NA Tq. I'll be running a DCRH with a 2.25in mid-pipe with an ultra quiet resonator, and stock axle back.
(Sleeper)

K24a1
11.8/1 compression Coated CP pistons
TSX head casting rsx cams.
EP3 stock intake manifold and TB
Injen CAI claimed to be designed for 3k-5k power

Bad boy should make peak tq early,
I'm hoping for 220whp and 200 ft lbs on E85
Later i'll upgrade to an 06 tsx intake cam. maybe exhaust too.

that would be 17.5 billion ft lbs of torque

that would be hot for burn outs:mtongue:

davisj3537
07-10-2008, 11:07 AM
that would be hot for burn outs:mtongue:

The car would snap its axles on startup.lol.

kaisertj
07-10-2008, 01:00 PM
If thats what your really looking for, a Volkswagen or audi would do it for you.

koftaboy
07-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Horsepower is simply an expression of torque @ RPM.

Probably the best explanation of the whole Torque Vs HP question can be found here
http://www.vettenet.org/torquehp.html

End result... You want your Torque curve to be as long and flat as possible and have it Peak in as high of an RPM as possible. This will of course mean you will have high HP.... but HP really doesn't mean any thing useful to anything but car nuts that like to show off to each other. If they started quoting HP @ RPM... then it would mean something.

If thats what your really looking for, a Volkswagen or audi would do it for you.

i would never let go of my honda even if i have gazillion $$$$$$$$ i would always keep my honda no matter what LOOOOOOOL:mwink:

To quote the article

The reason Hondas typically redline at as high an RPM as they do is in effort to do the above... "Take advantage of gearing".

Zzyzx Seriously................ thank you it makes alot of sence to me for real but keep it going guys i would love to hear more on this TQ vs HP thankx again to every 1:rapture::rapture::rapture:

Oh it is when you can control it :mcool:

I like that one aloooooooot :msmile:

Hondas don't have torque:mbiggrin: LMAO

im interested as well in this subject... any suggestions for NA a3 or that's just not possible

ive been asking this for a million years listen to this ( DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH THE A3) i say go for a swap big time am going for a K20a2. good luck

Hey guys i hope we keep this going if any one has annnnnnyyy type of opinion on Tq VS HP please just give up the info or what you think or if any ideas on how things are done with both of then or recommends for it is alll welcome thankxx sooo much :focus::ballchain: <.............. torque LOOOOOOL

Why do you think that? please explain thank you.:help:

for a car to have more TORQUE than HP, it needs to make PEAK HP at an RPM lower than 5252 RPMs

can you explain better please thankx

That's contradictory. Ricer like to rev there cars. :mconfused:

Then again our torque peaks at between 4000-5000 rpm on the a3. That may not be the ideal platform for what he may be looking for.

i agree

Okay look i used to own 6 diffrent civics and years and stuff it just bothers me how HP is far from TQ all the time i mean you have to go crazy with your money to get what you want i know HONDA i understand that part but if it is a good idea to tune the TQ over the HP then thast something i would do because i got smoked by a F***** GTI because go figure ( TORQUE ) i also thought of a better swap then that slow A3 like the k20a2 and i have 11k to spend on it i wish i can take my car in a drag race or whatever win some stuff i mean i dont wana give my life story but alot of people put HONDA down and i hate that i wana prove them wrong i LOVEEEEE my honda no matter what so any ideas from any one that can help sounds very good to me as long as its honest thankx again

like i said Okay look i used to own 6 diffrent civics and years and stuff it just bothers me how HP is far from TQ all the time i mean you have to go crazy with your money to get what you want i know HONDA i understand that part but if it is a good idea to tune the TQ over the HP then thast something i would do because i got smoked by a F***** GTI because go figure ( TORQUE ) i also thought of a better swap then that slow A3 like the k20a2 and i have 11k to spend on it i wish i can take my car in a drag race or whatever win some stuff i mean i dont wana give my life story but alot of people put HONDA down and i hate that i wana prove them wrong i LOVEEEEE my honda no matter what so any ideas from any one that can help sounds very good to me as long as its honest thankx again.:fencing:

JRSC'd K24a1 with the stock exhaust manifold and stock exhaust

or substitute the JRSC with the Greddy turbo kit.

Have Kpro? Even better! You can run it on the rich side to give you that extra low end kick. lol

thankx sounds like a very good idea i'll conceder it for sure thankx again:rapture::rapture:

Guardian
07-11-2008, 12:00 AM

385wtq... what?

Guardian
07-11-2008, 12:00 AM
koftaboy, have you heard of multi-quote?

ep_hatcher_510
07-11-2008, 12:06 AM
give him a break he just trying to get this post count up ;) :mconfused:

Nitrofaint
07-11-2008, 12:45 AM

In that case he better have something good for sale. :mbiggrin:

koftaboy
07-12-2008, 02:33 AM
koftaboy, have you heard of multi-quote?

NO because my info on those forms are not that good am new hear and am just learning from every one on other opinions thats it.:mrolleyes:

thank you soo much i do i also wana learn more on this thankx again

Guardian
07-12-2008, 08:49 AM
see the little icon on the bottom right of ppls post? its next to quote. click that on all of the post you want to quote and they will light up and when your ready to post you click post reply.

LAvtec818
07-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Turbo

koftaboy
07-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Turbo

Is it true that turbos kill the life of your motor???

is it really true that turbos kill the life of your motor besides the fact that they do help with gaining alot of torque if am not mistakein????

chad jones
07-12-2008, 05:42 PM
is it really true that turbos kill the life of your motor besides the fact that they do help with gaining alot of torque if am not mistakein????

its all in the tune. You can have a reliable boosted motor... and you can have a very unreliable non-lasting boosted motor. :mangel:

talonXracer
07-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Just adding a turbo and upgrading nothing else internally will infact decrease the lifespan of an engine. This can be partially mitigated with proper tuning and upkeep, but it will still wear quicker, it is the nature of the beast.

koftaboy
07-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Just adding a turbo and upgrading nothing else internally will infact decrease the lifespan of an engine. This can be partially mitigated with proper tuning and upkeep, but it will still wear quicker, it is the nature of the beast.

its all in the tune. You can have a reliable boosted motor... and you can have a very unreliable non-lasting boosted motor. :mangel:

OHH i understand is that why alot of people mostly go for JRSC or any SC in general? but you can still gain like good TQ and HP i mean i know turbos are tronger if am not wrong? right?:mrolleyes: