PDA

View Full Version : How much camber

DJMOORE
07-09-2008, 08:30 AM
I am going to put progress springs on and it is like a 1.8" drop in front and a 1.5" drop in back just wondering how much camber you guys that are dropped that low are using? I am on factory rims with 215/55/16 tires I have not decided on the rims yet so I will be on factory for awhile. I am asking because I am about to order my camber kit and it has the option for some extra front bolts for and extra degree of camber. Do you guys think I should get them it's only $20 but if I don't need them no point in getting them.

rocketep
07-09-2008, 11:14 AM
im droped about 3in onfull coils and on factory wheels with 205 50 16,

my specs are

front
-1.8 camber
1.7 caster (not adjustable)
-.04 toe

rear
-1.2 camber
cant rember toe its been a while since i did it, i know close to 0 or a little +

this setup could be called alittle much for dd but as long as ur toe is good ur tires will not wear badly

DJMOORE
07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Ok so it said +/-1 degree and +/- 2 dergess with both bolts. I will just get the other two to be on the safe side. I see you live in the Dallas area where is a good place to have a lowered car aligned at. Most places are dicks about lowered cars.

rocketep
07-09-2008, 06:32 PM
i can do it during the week after 5 or 6

DJMOORE
07-10-2008, 06:14 AM
Sounds good I will pm you when I get every thing I still need to order my struts/shocks. I might as well do it right the first time, it will be in like two months or so before I get them so it will be awhile. I will definitely hit you up when I get them.

BlownSi05
07-10-2008, 10:47 AM
i would say stay between -.75 to -1.5 degrees. -.75 is going to be pretty much neutral. camber will eat up your tires after some time, but not nearly as quickly as toe alignment will. i would recommend getting your alignment done by someone who has an actual rack and can do it manually. i have had some bad experiences with those damn laser alignment machines:mcry:

edit: rocket, is that your gf/wife in your avatar pic? if so, kudos to you man...lol.

rocketep
07-10-2008, 05:09 PM
just let me know when u get ur stuff and well get it done, i can help u put it on if u need, got some lifts makes it a little easier than doing on the ground

im not talking no string or laser alinment, i have a hunter alinment machine,
use it almost every day
so no worries there

thats my gf and she loves the hatch too, thanks for tha kudos

DJMOORE
07-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Sounds good to me, that will be cool I like doing most of my own stuff but no garage kind of sucks. I really hate being broke.