PDA

View Full Version : Front camber install help.

Gcast725
07-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Does anyone know how to install the front cambers? It looks like a simple bolt, but i don't understand the concept of the obscure washer that comes with it. i'm kinda slow and don't understand the directions that come with it. :twitch:

The S
07-09-2008, 09:27 AM
i dont think you should be working on a car then

jjr007
07-09-2008, 10:01 AM
The small tab on the washer that fits into the hole keeps the bolt pushed in the direction away from the tab. The large tab you use to turn the washer, and know the position of the small tab, which is opposite of the large one. If the large tab is kept in toward the car, that is the neg camber position, toward the wheel is the pos camber position. You turn the bolt in the hole, till you get the amount of neg or pos camber you want, the triangle on the head of the bolt marks the highest part of the cam on the bolt.

Gcast725
07-09-2008, 10:06 AM
The small tab on the washer that fits into the hole keeps the bolt pushed in the direction away from the tab. The large tab you use to turn the washer, and know the position of the small tab, which is opposite of the large one. If the large tab is kept in toward the car, that is the neg camber position, toward the wheel is the pos camber position. You turn the bolt in the hole, till you get the amount of neg or pos camber you want, the triangle on the head of the bolt marks the highest part of the cam on the bolt.

thank for the explanation jjr. that helps out alot. the directions never said anything on how the tab works. this my first time installing cambers on my own. i'm too broke to get it installed somewhere. the rear cambers were very simple.

The S
07-09-2008, 12:41 PM
good luck, im just bustin your balls!

Gcast725
07-09-2008, 12:49 PM
good luck, im just bustin your balls!

:mmph: meanie..... haha. j/k All good in the hood. Thanks anyways. :peace:

drjd888
07-09-2008, 01:24 PM
What kit did you use?

Gcast725
07-10-2008, 05:15 AM
I'm using a kit from Progress. I just don't know is shops like meineke do the alignments from the cambers too.