PDA

View Full Version : Tein vs d2

FELON-K20
07-09-2008, 10:22 AM
looking for a suspension right now iam getting a deal in a set of D2 RS coilovers does any of u guys have this suspension?is it true this is as good as tein flex? :yo:

ep_hatcher_510
07-09-2008, 11:22 AM
how much u getting them for?

Personally i would get neither.

FELON-K20
07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
850 new i think they run for 1300

ep_hatcher_510
07-09-2008, 11:44 AM
That sounds like a alright price, but i think i heard that D2s springs rates where not correct for our cars, not sure. But that would not even matter if you are just a daily driver and not into serious competition.

I cant compare them to Tein flex tho, but for what the Flex is , it is over priced.

Windchaser
07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Inverted monotube single piston design or dual chamber twin piston?

ALL MotoR Ep3
07-09-2008, 01:28 PM
i say get d2 is way better.....and cheaper... and its more adjustable instead of paying a extra 500 for flex then having to spend extra money for the edfc compatible to adjust the ride height...

dofu2
07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Take your pick... they're both the same - Made In Taiwan.

dofu2
07-09-2008, 01:32 PM
i say get d2 is way better.....and cheaper... and its more adjustable instead of paying a extra 500 for flex then having to spend extra money for the edfc compatible to adjust the ride height...

EDFC does not adjust ride height, it adjusts dampening. The only system available to remote adjust ride height costs about as much as an EP...

frm_808
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
EDFC does not adjust ride height, it adjusts dampening. The only system available to remote adjust ride height costs about as much as an EP...

would that be an air ride setup?

FELON-K20
07-10-2008, 11:39 AM
come on guys does anybody have any feedback on D2 RS suspention the rears are monotube and the fronts are dual camber is this good ?is it as good as tein?

FELON-K20
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
anyone ! looking for coilovers some thing that i can use for the track and dd am thinking tein ss or d2 rs and now ksport please help dont what to get something that would suck

ep_hatcher_510
07-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Megans? im on them and i like them, got the straight arms and spring rates ain't bad also.

Zzyzx
07-14-2008, 04:41 PM
anyone ! looking for coilovers some thing that i can use for the track and dd am thinking tein ss or d2 rs and now ksport please help dont what to get something that would suck

Then don't buy mass marked pre-built setups, particularly ones that utilize primitive dampers.

Tein uses dampers that adjust bump & rebound with one knob... Bad
D2 uses dampers that adjust bump & rebound with one knob... Also bad
and Ksport uses dampers that adjust bump and rebound with one knob... Once again, bad.

Will they make for decent street setups? Of course, being able to adjust bump valving will give you the maximum range of ride quality adjustment, its just sub-optimum for handling to have your bump & rebound adjustments done at the same time with one knob.

the only pre-built systems that have dampers that only adjust rebound (what you want with a single adjustable damper) are KW V2's and Buddy Club RSD. Other wise you piece-meal it together and go with Konis.

But then again... you don't really need an adjustable damper any ways, so you may as well pick up a set of bilstiens and some Ground controls (their compitition rates) and call it a day.

FELON-K20
07-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Then don't buy mass marked pre-built setups, particularly ones that utilize primitive dampers.

Tein uses dampers that adjust bump & rebound with one knob... Bad
D2 uses dampers that adjust bump & rebound with one knob... Also bad
and Ksport uses dampers that adjust bump and rebound with one knob... Once again, bad.

Will they make for decent street setups? Of course, being able to adjust bump valving will give you the maximum range of ride quality adjustment, its just sub-optimum for handling to have your bump & rebound adjustments done at the same time with one knob.

the only pre-built systems that have dampers that only adjust rebound (what you want with a single adjustable damper) are KW V2's and Buddy Club RSD. Other wise you piece-meal it together and go with Konis.

But then again... you don't really need an adjustable damper any ways, so you may as well pick up a set of bilstiens and some Ground controls (their compitition rates) and call it a day.

WOW 2300 for buddy club rsd that a hole lot of mula am more in da 1600 dolla range great info thanks

v1c10us
07-14-2008, 07:34 PM
then go with his other option
bilstiens and ground controls would be in your range.

HappiChild
07-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I dont own d2. but i have Tein Flex. and they are great. and I am selling them now. Hit me up for details if you'd consider them.

02ep3driver
07-15-2008, 09:33 PM
how much are you selling your suspension for?

03ep3 stapel
07-24-2008, 02:56 AM
tein flex work great my friend has some