PDA

View Full Version : So heres what Hondas replacing on my poor Si.....

Az02Si
11-20-2002, 07:44 PM
Pressure Plate,Throw out bearing,2nd,3rd,4th gear,and a few other things...Car didnt even grind when they drove it,but the tech said hell with it,whil i have the tranny off i might as well replace the gears,LOL,whatta good guy! She goes in for surgery next week after the parts arrive Woooo Hooooo.Got new floormats outta it to since the old ones fell apart....

02blksi
11-20-2002, 07:47 PM
You prolly answered this already, but WHAT THE HELL happend??? -- Joe.

Good luck! I hate when people touch my car, i know how you feel.

cbecker333
11-20-2002, 08:34 PM
good to hear.

peace

IceD out N CALI
11-20-2002, 08:41 PM
sounds good, i'm sure you feel a sense of relief after all those headaches u were having with the ep

2k2civicSi
11-20-2002, 08:46 PM
man i have the same problem how did you get them to fix it

MugenR
11-20-2002, 11:11 PM
What problem are you guys talking about?
Drew

DocofMind
11-20-2002, 11:56 PM
SO besides the clutch they changed your syncros too?

WHat happened to your ride?

02SilverSiHB
11-21-2002, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Az02Si
Pressure Plate,Throw out bearing,2nd,3rd,4th gear,and a few other things...Car didnt even grind when they drove it,but the tech said hell with it,whil i have the tranny off i might as well replace the gears,LOL,whatta good guy! She goes in for surgery next week after the parts arrive Woooo Hooooo.Got new floormats outta it to since the old ones fell apart....
damn! That's nuts!
Well, at least they aren't trying to screw with you. I remember you saying they were giving you some crap about racing it a while back.

02SilverSiHB
11-21-2002, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Az02Si
damn! That's nuts!
Well, at least they aren't trying to screw with you. I remember you saying they were giving you some crap about racing it a while back.

sonic imperial
11-21-2002, 09:51 AM
I have a little crunchiness every now and then going into second. I've just about figured out how to shift it smoothly, it's all in how you pull down into second. The techs have it documented in the computer but said to drive it and that it wasn't anything to worry about at this time. As long as I'm getting smooth shifts most of the time now, I'm not too concerned.

Az02Si
11-21-2002, 10:49 AM
To those who asked(Joe and others)...The tranny in this thing has had gremlins since i bought the car.....When the clutch is depressed at idle,its smooth and quiet,but let it out and it sounds like the trannys grinding itself to death....I figured Throw out bearing,and i guess it messed up the pressure plate on its way to destruction....I went to Honda and said"hey,listen to this,and it grinds sometimes" and the tech was shocked.The warranty guy there was cool shit too.......I told him my familys owned many Hondas,and weve never had problems like this,and he sprung into action,and made an appointment for a tech to go over it the next day..........While the car was at Honda yesterday,they noticed how mwssed up my clutch pedal felt(engages WAY at the top) and then they tried to get the car to grind gears under normal conditions,which it didnt.So the tech said screw it,while the trannys off getting parts replaces,might as wellreplace the gears and related parts ;) I guess this is what i got for being VERY nice to the warranty guy/tech,and not coming off like some idiot...I went in there with a list of what was wrong,and possible ways to fix it,and they did everything i wanted done(well not yet anyways,they ordered all the parts though) She goes in early next week for new tranny guts,and the tech said hell have it all done in one day....Dosent get better than that.....OHHH,the missfire i talked about in other threads turned out to be some really bad gas! Car stopped doing it!!

DynaSpeed
11-21-2002, 11:08 AM
Interesting...

when I start my car in the morning (clutch pedal depressed) it's starts up like a charm. Yet, when I take my foot off the pedal, I get a rattly sound coming from the tranny. I just assumed it was normal throw-out bearing noise and never really questioned it. Until you said, "When the clutch is depressed at idle,its smooth and quiet,but let it out and it sounds like the trannys grinding itself to death".

Now, I wouldn't exactly call it "grinding itself to death", but there is a definite "rattling" noise at idle with the clutch pedal out. Is this really worth dealership time? Does anybody else get any noise like this?

DjMacAtack
11-21-2002, 11:10 AM
yeah... i really hate bad gas:p

cbecker333
11-21-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
[BNow, I wouldn't exactly call it "grinding itself to death", but there is a definite "rattling" noise at idle with the clutch pedal out. Is this really worth dealership time? Does anybody else get any noise like this? [/B]

I hear something like that but its all the time @ idle, not just when the clutch pedal is up. When I installed my CAI, the plastic cover that sits above the intake manifold wasn't sitting just right when I bolted it back down - now it rattles at idle. I haven't done anything about it though, don't really care.

OldSIMan
11-21-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by sonic imperial
I have a little crunchiness every now and then going into second. I've just about figured out how to shift it smoothly, it's all in how you pull down into second. The techs have it documented in the computer but said to drive it and that it wasn't anything to worry about at this time. As long as I'm getting smooth shifts most of the time now, I'm not too concerned.

I have the same problem. I've only owned it for one week, but the car was accepted at the dealership on 5/14/02, so it's been there awhile, and had 177 test drive miles on it. Think I'll take it in so they can document it. If worse comes to worst, they should replace it under warranty. Hopefully they'll let me work a deal with them for the RSX 6 speed, and I'll install it myself. :)

IceD out N CALI
11-21-2002, 02:34 PM
bad gas is a pisser