PDA

View Full Version : Back to stock or oem CF dash kit?

illbert
07-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Sooo...I am having a tough time choosing! The previous owner of my car had the dash painted red...YUCK. Should I cover it up and get the honda "carbon fiber" dash kit? Or go back to stock silver? I like the fitment of the oem kit...but it's fake CF haha. I saw the post w/ the kit from wooddashexperts...and i like the fact that it's real CF but don't like that it doesn't completely cover everything...like around the ac vents/control knobs.

Both ways would cost me about the same amount of money...just thought I would look to you guys for some opinions....or any other options!

Princess
07-09-2008, 06:56 PM
The CF dash kit will not cover up all the red. Some of it will be peeking through. I would get it professionally painted black. When mine was stock silver the sun would hit it and reflect right into my eyes like a mirror. I have the Honda CF kit (and it's ok, not bad at all), but if I could do it over I would just paint it NHBP instead.

illbert
07-09-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't think I really want to paint it...i'd be worried about scratching/scuffing it and having red show through. If I put the oem kit on, I guess i would paint over the red w/ black...so red doesn't show through any of the little gaps.

RHCP0801
07-09-2008, 07:17 PM
check http://www.alkaplus.com/ for more dash kits, they have a real cf one too

Kodeen
07-09-2008, 07:55 PM
The OEM kit has the same situation where there's a little bit of space around the hvac knobs and other places. If you go that route, maybe a quick spraypaint job would be a good idea.

I like the silver, but all three options would be much better than painted red.

minivan_assassin
07-09-2008, 08:20 PM
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46464

Pics of different options including the CF kit. I'm personally partial to black. Sand, prime, and paint the console you have now and see if you like it. You'll have to paint it anyway since the CF kit has gaps.

cow
07-09-2008, 08:25 PM
woodgrain!

EPandaman29
07-09-2008, 09:53 PM
i'm goin CF all the way...love how it looks. but to each his own.

illbert
07-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah..I'm pretty much decided on the oem cf. My car is nhbp so...the black dash will look good!

dashehonda
07-11-2008, 05:23 PM
If youre gonna get CF kit, get the oem one, the other Real ones like on corsport and ebay dont even cover half the amount of the dash the oem covers. Plus the oem is molded to fit, the other real kits are flat so they have a tendency to lift up no matter how hard you push it on:mrolleyes:

Plus the Oem color is more attractive than real CF in our Interiors, it fits more cleanly. The real CF looks Ricey actually and just fits like shit

mackyF.baby
07-11-2008, 05:57 PM
just go flat black it looks way cleaner than silver
:llama:

illbert
07-12-2008, 02:59 PM
I did as nice of a job as I could to paint the dash black...really looks pretty good! Went ahead and ordered the oem CF trim kit....Just like the way it looks/fits! Too bad honda doesn't or someone else doesn't sell the 2 dash pieces in different colors other than the stock silver. I'd only want black...

liquid cooled
07-12-2008, 05:57 PM
PAint it black, then CF oem dash.

az-epdrvr
07-12-2008, 09:26 PM
PAint it black, then CF oem dash.

X2 :cell:

BaLisTek
07-12-2008, 09:32 PM
black just makes the interior bland. Stock silver FTW

illbert
07-12-2008, 09:34 PM
consider it done...haha...dash is now black (actually looks decent for spray paint) and the oem cf kit is on order :high5: