PDA

View Full Version : Headlight normal beam not working

Unknownally
07-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Okay,
my driver's side night light is not working. It's just that one bulb. Might need a replacement or wires loose? Not sure but does anyone know if Honda will cover it? 2005 EP3 bought in 06 certified used car. Currently have 42,0xx miles. Not sure what warranty my dad got but it does have one.

Kodeen
07-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Definitely start with replacing the bulb. You might as well replace all the bulbs in both headlight housings since you have to take the bumper off to do so.

ep3civic2nr
07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
happened to mine and kevstyles at almost the same mileage.. was the wiring and we both drove with the high beams on for a while then the low beams eventually worked again. havent had problems since.

Unknownally
07-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm taking it to Honda tomorrow. It's not covered under warranty. The problem is happenning to the driver's side head lamp. It's the same lamp that Honda replaced for me a 10 months ago due to fogging.

I hope it's not the wiring. They said if it's the bulb, it'll be $30. I don't know how much the wiring would be.

Unknownally
07-15-2008, 07:30 PM
I replaced the headlight bulb. Got some brighter white ones made from Sylvania or whatever you call it.

The passenger light seems brighter than the driver's. The driver side was the one that blew out. You think it needs aligning?

Right after I replaced that, my rear driver's side tail light blew out also. So I replaced that. Works now...strange. NOTE: Rear driver's side tail light was replaced with an 04 light due to damage. Could just be old?

Let me get some help, guys.

Unknownally
07-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Bump. Show some love.

underOATH
07-16-2008, 08:35 PM
My passenger side headlight went out, and now my front end has been off for a few days now, waiting for some replacements to arrive... Just ordered these (http://www.automotivelightingusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1037)...

But those two problems shouldnt be related, its different wireing and fuses that run to the two as far as I know, but i might be wrong...

And as for the two front ones being different, did you replace both? or just the driver-side. Theyre probably two different wattages/colors. I know the driverside on my 04 ep3 is very easy to replace without taking anything apart, but I cant say the same for the passenger side... which is why my front bumper is off right now. lol

Unknownally
07-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah I replaced both. I'm lost on why one would be brighter =/

v1c10us
07-16-2008, 10:06 PM
since when d you have to take off the bumper to replace the bulb?
is this only on 04-05?

underOATH
07-16-2008, 11:40 PM
since when d you have to take off the bumper to replace the bulb?
is this only on 04-05?

my 03. the passenger side headlight is inaccessible. you have to take off the bumper, and the whole headlight assembly just to get to the bulb. :(

Unknownally
07-17-2008, 02:56 PM
I didn't take off my bumper. My arms are skinny and I have small hands.

specialblend154
07-17-2008, 03:35 PM
my 03. the passenger side headlight is inaccessible. you have to take off the bumper, and the whole headlight assembly just to get to the bulb. :(

you must have fat little fingers :mtongue: i have never had to take off my bumper soley to get to the bulbs.

BTW underoath (the band) is the shit. especially their old stuff.

v1c10us
07-17-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah seriously..
i've changed them like 4 times without ever taking off the bumper or removing the headlights or anything..
you guys must have big fat arms with huge fat fingers.
or tiny fat fingers
or weak fingers that cant turn things in awkward angles.. big girly men.

Unknownally
07-18-2008, 08:58 PM
lol...yeah you must have one of those stated. I admit it's a lil tight but nothing impossable.