PDA

View Full Version : Details about install 4 mugen wing?

hothatch
07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Ok i just got my wing and i know its not hard to install the mugen version.Its a seibon brand CF mugen wing.I know install is as follows:

1 Take of top and side plastics on rear hatch
2 unbolt old wing and take off
3 bolt on new mugen wing
4 done

But i know theres gotta be more to it than this and i checked out the plastics and was a bit confused....Can someone gime me a DETAILED instruction on how to remove the hatch plastics to get to the bolts?Also where on the mugen wing where it rests on the glass should i put the double sided tape and how much should i use?Thanks for your time guys.

jh604
07-11-2008, 10:56 AM
you only have to take off the middle plastic piece. 1) i pull the very middle out a little so i can slide 4 fingers of each hand inside. leaving the thumbs outside. 2) get a good grip and just pull it off towards you. 3) undo the 3rd brake light assembly. 4) undo all the bolts that hold the stock spoiler in place. 5) you will see 2 clips, i used a pair of pliers to squeeze and push them out. 6) get a good grip on the spoiler and pull it off ( it may take a little strength because there are 2 industrial strength velcro pads)

as for the wing resting on the glass, i installed my friends wing and it doesnt seem to be really resting on the glass. but what i did was i took the velcros off the stock wing and placed them back into the same areas that they came in.

sorry for ym bad writing or whatever thats not understandable. haha hope this helps but if you have any questions just ask away

hothatch
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks that helps alot.

So to install the wing you just line it up and screw it in right

jh604
07-11-2008, 04:43 PM
yup and dont forget to put back the light assembly back on!