07-11-2008, 10:13 AM
it's posted, don't you see? you blind?

Btrthnezr3
It's the amazing invisible muffler!! :mbiggrin:

clutch797
it's posted, don't you see? you blind?

No, your a retard that can't post a pic.

I'm in hater mode.

20CiviC02Si
07-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Everyone loves to see mine or the lack there of! LMAO!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/DSC00082.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/Chicago%20Auto%20Show/DSC00280.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/Chicago%20Auto%20Show/DSC00281.jpg

Btrthnezr3
07-11-2008, 10:15 AM
^^^ I like you already!

clutch797
07-11-2008, 10:19 AM
that's the spec II right?

20CiviC02Si
07-11-2008, 10:19 AM
What can i say! It fills the void in my life with the ear deafening shriek of the K20a3!

cwmizner
07-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Everyone loves to see mine or the lack there of! LMAO!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/DSC00082.jpg

that's nice! is it super loud?

custom or avail for sale?

it's cat back right? stock class legal?

looks like you have a sliencer that you remove for AutoX day?

yummy!

BTW, I took off my stock muffler, which is HS legal, so my pic is legit, sounds pretty good too (I left on the mid pipe/first can)

iDOMO
07-11-2008, 10:22 AM
damnnnnnn that shiii is nice as$ fawkkk i like it:nod:

Invisible muffler FTMFL:lol:

cwmizner
07-11-2008, 10:28 AM
incidently, 20CiviC02Si, why STX over STS? what puts you out of STS?

also, anyone like my no stock muffler idea?

anyone that is running stock exhaust (i'm sure that number is HUGE), go pull it off, it's easy, I think you'll like it and the price is right.

think I'll see any performance gain?

20CiviC02Si
07-11-2008, 10:29 AM
that's the spec II right?Yeah it's the Buddy Club Spec II

that's nice! is it super loud?Ummmm..... YES!

custom or avail for sale? It's available for sale, however only for the DC5 RSX/Integra. You need to have and ITR 4-2-1 exhaust manifold and the axle back customized to fit. Hangers need to be customized and it needs to be cut and welded because it's too long in certain spots to fit our chassis. It's not just trimming the tailpipe.

it's cat back right? stock class legal? Catback yes. However i don't think it would be legal for Stock Class. STS and STX yes. As long as you have a catalytic converter mounted in the identical location.

looks like you have a sliencer that you remove for AutoX day?
Silencer comes off whenever i feel like making the general public cover their ears. It's currently out of the car right now!

20CiviC02Si
07-11-2008, 10:33 AM
It costed me $300 for the exhaust used off a DC5 owner in Chicago, $420 to have King Motorsports fabricate and retrofit it to the car. So you really have to be dedicated to make it work, expect to drop some coin. That or really good with a tig welder! I could have fabricated, i just have no location to tig weld.....

I will only use tig welds on parts like this. Mig welds would work, but look like ass!

cwmizner
07-11-2008, 10:34 AM
It costed me $300 for the exhaust used off a DC5 owner in Chicago, $420 to have King Motorsports fabricate and retrofit it to the car. So you really have to be dedicated to make it work. That or really good with a tig welder! I could have fabricated, i just have no location to tig weld.....

mine cost less, ;)

20CiviC02Si
07-11-2008, 10:39 AM
incidently, 20CiviC02Si, why STX over STS? what puts you out of STS?

also, anyone like my no stock muffler idea?

anyone that is running stock exhaust (i'm sure that number is HUGE), go pull it off, it's easy, I think you'll like it and the price is right.

think I'll see any performance gain?To be honest i don't think you'll see much of a gain by removing the stock muffler. It may free up the flow a little, but in order to maximize gains you should think about a 2" midpipe which will bump you to STS. The stock 1.5" or 1.75" crush bent stock exhaust is very restrictive. But if you are going to make the jump you might as well go 2.25" or 2.5" to really open her up!

My car was classed as an STX because of the Limted Slip Differential. I have recently made the bump up to SM. I removed the rear seat and also decided i wanted to put the C/F hood i bought months ago on the car. I couldn't run with C/F hood in STX.

cwmizner
07-11-2008, 10:50 AM
To be honest i don't think you'll see much of a gain by removing the stock muffler. It may free up the flow a little, but in order to maximize gains you should think about a 2" midpipe which will bump you to STS. The stock 1.5" or 1.75" crush bent stock exhaust is very restrictive. But if you are going to make the jump you might as well go 2.25" or 2.5" to really open her up!

My car was classed as an STX because of the Limted Slip Differential. I have recently made the bump up to SM. I removed the rear seat and also decided i wanted to put the C/F hood i bought months ago on the car. I couldn't run with C/F hood in STX.

thx for response, i'm a noob when it comes to some of this exhaust stuff

isn't midpipe after the cat? why would a 2" midpipe move me to STS?

what if i take off what i'm calling the stock midpipe (in between cat and muffler)? will it be really loud? any performance gain? it's stock legal, it reads anything cat back is legal, including nothing, caveat is if officials deem it too loud, it's no good.

20CiviC02Si
07-11-2008, 10:57 AM
thx for response, i'm a noob when it comes to some of this exhaust stuff

isn't midpipe after the cat? why would a 2" midpipe move me to STS?

what if i take off what i'm calling the stock midpipe (in between cat and muffler)? will it be really loud? any performance gain? it's stock legal, it reads anything cat back is legal, including nothing, caveat is if officials deem it too loud, it's no good.I wouldn't pull off the stock midpipe to run open cat unless you'd like to get pulled over every day and slapped with some hefty fines. Not to mention your passenger compartment will fill with the exhaust fumes whenever you aren't moving.

As for the stock class allowing aftermarket exhausts, i would go for it then. I didn't think they would allow it due to the fact it's a "stock" class. But if it's allowed, i would go for it. You can pick up some cheap used exhausts here on the hatch's classifieds.

cwmizner
07-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't pull off the stock midpipe to run open cat unless you'd like to get pulled over every day and slapped with some hefty fines. Not to mention your passenger compartment will fill with the exhaust fumes whenever you aren't moving.

As for the stock class allowing aftermarket exhausts, i would go for it then. I didn't think they would allow it due to the fact it's a "stock" class. But if it's allowed, i would go for it. You can pick up some cheap used exhausts here on the hatch's classifieds.

gotcha, thx again for responses, gl at next autoX!

20CiviC02Si
07-11-2008, 11:09 AM
I stepped back from auto-x. Haven't gone to an event in about a month. Right now it's getting the car ready for next week's 2 day track event. I have to get the brakes prepared for the high temps they'll see on the road course. New rotors and new Hawk Blue Race pads have been purchased, and i still need to bleed the brakes with some fresh Motul RBF 600.

If i have enough money i will be installing some brake ducts to direct some cool fresh air to the front brakes!

I'll post up a vid in the track section once i get back!

cwmizner
07-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I stepped back from auto-x. Haven't gone to an event in about a month. Right now it's getting the car ready for next week's 2 day track event. I have to get the brakes prepared for the high temps they'll see on the road course. New rotors and new Hawk Blue Race pads have been purchased, and i still need to bleed the brakes with some fresh Motul RBF 600.

If i have enough money i will be installing some brake ducts to direct some cool fresh air to the front brakes!

I'll post up a vid in the track section once i get back!

awesome, should be a blast!

cwmizner
07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
To be honest i don't think you'll see much of a gain by removing the stock muffler. It may free up the flow a little, but in order to maximize gains you should think about a 2" midpipe which will bump you to STS. The stock 1.5" or 1.75" crush bent stock exhaust is very restrictive. But if you are going to make the jump you might as well go 2.25" or 2.5" to really open her up!

i see this Megan Racing mid pipe all over the place, would that be a good solution? figure i'd just use stock axle back, then take it off for AutoX days

it says mid/high hp increase, is there a mid pipe more tuned for low end?

is there a better option than the megan mid pipe?

does it take the ecu a while to learn when I'm taking the axle back on and off? just drive it a around for a few days before autoX?

sorry for all the questions, you seem knowledgeable, appreciate any response...