PDA

View Full Version : Is this really necessary? (RANT)

WhiteComet
07-11-2008, 01:05 PM
First of all, I just want to say that I love ephatch, and I acknowledge what the mods have to do to keep everything in check.

Maybe it's just me, but recently it seems like the mods have been going overly Nazi on us by deleting people's posts, Group Buys, raising the limit to the Classifieds section up to 100, etc..

We all know about the epic forum crash which caused the site to lose all those members and years of data. Things happen and it's understandable.
But given what happened, is it REALLY necessary to rule ephatch with such an iron fist? There's already been a noticeable decrease in participation for the past few months.. making the rules more strict is only going to discourage participation even more.

Take a look at Group buy for that D3 xbrace for example. We had a list of members that were ready to buy a hard-to-find item that was discontinued and a well known vendors that agreed to reproduce the unit in limited quantities and what happens? POOF gone the next day.

The Classifieds section being increased to from 50 to 100 postings does'nt make any sense to me either. For weeks, I have seen many well known members get their classifieds ad get taken off because the POST requirements being doubled from what they were before. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand if there were problems if people were getting ripped off but that has not been an issue so why raise it? Did the mods just wake up one day and decided to double to POST requirements? Take MoonSi's posting for example, any member that has been here knows how he is, was it really necessary to remove his post? I have seen many people trying to sell hard-to-find JDM bumpers locally only to have them removed the next day.

I understand we need some Law and Order. All forums do, but right now, we should be encouraging people to post more, not less. I know I might get flamed for this post but this is just my rant on how we can improve the website get the "old ephatch" back.

Thanks for reading.

Btrthnezr3
07-11-2008, 01:20 PM
:mcry: tit bag :mcry:

liquid cooled
07-11-2008, 01:22 PM
It used to be 200, it keeps people from getting ripped off, it was lowered after the crash, if you dont like it nobody is making you stay, personally I like it. I feel much more confident buying from people who actually contribute to the site instead of just showing up to sell crap.

Btrthnezr3
07-11-2008, 01:23 PM
I feel much more confident buying from people who actually contribute to the site instead of just showing up to sell crap.

:amen:

WhiteComet
07-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I don't meant to offend anyone. But has there recently been a problem with people getting ripped off?

I noticed there are barely anyone showing up to sell anything, and some of the postings that are getting removed are from really well know people before the crash.

HappiChild
07-11-2008, 01:36 PM
ah ha.. looks like my post got pulled from the for sales section.

so even, the item was posted way before the new 100 posts rule?

oogy-boogy
First off, posts are deleted if we happen to see a user spamming the site in order to reach a 100 post plateau (for selling). Yes we raised it. It was intentionally reduced post crash due to everyone losing their post counts, history and even accounts. We came to the conclusion that it was far to easy to whore it up to 50 (plenty of examples). It's a bit more difficult to get over the 100 threshold. It also allows a better overview from a mod standpoint.

The group buy was removed for your safety and out of concern. I've contacted Dr Design. Would you rather have a group buy promoted by a user or the site?

I don't see it as an iron fist attitude. More of a watchful eye. Honestly, I believe the site is as close knit as it is due to the family atmosphere we promote. I can attest to this by the amount of users on here who haven't even owned an EP in years (myself included).

Hope this answered some of your questions / concerns. As always, we appreciate new ideas and feedback.

20CiviC02Si
We have lost a lot of big hitters in the classifieds. I don't see that many quality parts available any more. But i think it's not so much to do with the site and moderators. I'm guessing a lot of the old school guys with the killer part outs have sold everything and then sold their cars, then "upgraded". Frankly i love the EP to much to "Upgrade"!

Can't wait to find some super rare stuff again. I have been fortunate enough to make purcahse of 2 comptech front strut tower bars and a couple of other awesomely rare parts!

Tnhatch03
07-11-2008, 01:47 PM
First of all, I just want to say that I love ephatch, and I acknowledge what the mods have to do to keep everything in check.

Firstly, thanks. Ephatch is the best site that I am apart of. Other forums have nothing compared to this site, imo.

Maybe it's just me, but recently it seems like the mods have been going overly Nazi on us by deleting people's posts, Group Buys, raising the limit to the Classifieds section up to 100, etc..

You are correct. The post whoring was never tolerated and it still is not. People who post useless information and/or :smilies: just to increase their post count is unacceptable (like always). The group buy was announced through a member, whereas i think it was a good deal, the vendor can still PM the admin and/or create the thread themselves. Posting in the classified section, if you remember, was 200. We were leniant to make it 50 so there would not be as much complaints. Now it is 100. It will be back to 200 eventually.

We all know about the epic forum crash which caused the site to lose all those members and years of data. Things happen and it's understandable.
But given what happened, is it REALLY necessary to rule ephatch with such an iron fist? There's already been a noticeable decrease in participation for the past few months.. making the rules more strict is only going to discourage participation even more.

Has it not always been like this? Membership on any forum comes and goes. When the site crashed, we had all kinds of members who dropped ephatch and went elsewhere because they obviously cared. It was down for a week and people complained when we had 2004 information, if the information was not lost, there still would be complaints.

Take a look at Group buy for that D3 xbrace for example. We had a list of members that were ready to buy a hard-to-find item that was discontinued and a well known vendors that agreed to reproduce the unit in limited quantities and what happens? POOF gone the next day.

It is not gone, the admins are in talks with D3. Again, I am happy that they are wanting to do this, but having a member post up the information without talking to the admins is what the issue was. And the vendor did not create the thread themselves.

The Classifieds section being increased to from 50 to 100 postings does'nt make any sense to me either. For weeks, I have seen many well known members get their classifieds ad get taken off because the POST requirements being doubled from what they were before. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand if there were problems if people were getting ripped off but that has not been an issue so why raise it? Did the mods just wake up one day and decided to double to POST requirements? Take MoonSi's posting for example, any member that has been here knows how he is, was it really necessary to remove his post? I have seen many people trying to sell hard-to-find JDM bumpers locally only to have them removed the next day.

Again, when the new post count was posted, 50, there were members complaining about the requirement. "I had 1,000+ posts and now I have to start all over", "Do you know who I am", "I have been a member for years, can I get special permission", etc. etc. 50 posts are easy to do, without post whoring. Now we raised it to 100 and still get people who are at 75 posts complaining. It use to be 200 and it will get back there.

I closed MoonSi's thread and will do it again. I hope not because that would be the third time within 24 hours and that would be a temporary ban because he does not follow site rules. There are no exceptions. I have closed many old school members threads because of this. Ask around. No exception, unless you are a platinum member.

I understand we need some Law and Order. All forums do, but right now, we should be encouraging people to post more, not less. I know I might get flamed for this post but this is just my rant on how we can improve the website get the "old ephatch" back.

Old ephatch is gone. We can only make a new ephatch. Members will do what they wish and I am a member at heart and could never give up on ephatch. So other than the post count/group buy/for sale comments, how can we make this site better? I think if we had it your way, we would have more traffic in the FS section than anywhere else and we have not been like that. There have been new members who register ONLY to sell items and they are not here anymore.

Thanks for reading.

Your welcome.

RON
07-11-2008, 01:55 PM
I can see both sides... But these rules are what make this forum so much better (IMO) than all the other forums out there. The post count thing is rediculous thing to argue about though. If all your on here for is to sell parts... Please find another site!

I just wanted to throw my $.02!

Distance
07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
I feel much more confident buying from people who actually contribute to the site instead of just showing up to sell crap.

i agree to this. i usually hesitate to do business with people that doesn't have any post especially if it involves shipping and stuff but if its a local i'm fine with it.

i'm glad ephatch isnt like honda-tech or anything where anybody can just make a account and start selling and people would get scam and stuff. the mods are trying to save us from dealing with that kinda crap.

Tnhatch03
07-11-2008, 02:15 PM
i agree to this. i usually hesitate to do business with people that doesn't have any post especially if it involves shipping and stuff but if its a local i'm fine with it.

i'm glad ephatch isnt like honda-tech or anything where anybody can just make a account and start selling and people would get scam and stuff. the mods are trying to save us from dealing with that kinda crap.

THANK YOU!! :mcool::bounce:

I would not purchase anything from a member who has less than 10 posts.

And I am glad we are not like HT and many other sites.

SpAdZ
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Not to throw anymore fuel on the fire which i thought had died out( ie ranting and raving about the crash which i did plenty of as well) but i am bored at the end of my work day...were we all pissed sure...have a lot of people left the site sure (myself somewhat included) but what you have to take into consideration is the amount of time and effot jpax and various other moderators have put into getting the site back up and functional and turning it into the "new" ephatch...they could have easily gotten fed up when the site was accidently deleted and just walked away but they care as much as we care and have done a good job bringing it back...as far as the whole "there are good items for sale" that could partially be because the economy has been down so people dont have money to go out and buy high dollar parts and there for there arent high dollar parts for sale, or cars that matter...i mean shit (upcoming shameless plug) i have had my car for sale for months and have had to come down nearly 6grand just to start to get offers...and my mind just blanked as the clock hit 6pm...heading home

SpAdZ
aka
2002ep3stage1

WhiteComet
07-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all the responses, I guess I feel a little bit better now.

Just for clarification, I'm NOT saying we should not have a min post for the classifieds.

If there was a problem with scams then sure, increase the min post to 200, 300, 500 or until we filter out the bad apples. Whatever it takes.

But I don't think I have ever seen someone get scammed from the classifieds when the requirements were 50, and I have been checking it everyday for 2 months.

It just doesnt make any sense to me to double the requirements when there werent many posts (let alone scams) to begin with,

Overall, I am glad the mods are keeping us from turning into HT. but i stand by my opinion we should'nt make our users jump thru so many loops.

Tnhatch03
07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for all the responses, I guess I feel a little bit better now.

No problem.

Just for clarification, I'm NOT saying we should not have a min post for the classifieds.

I see what you are saying. You would like the minimum to remain at 50 posts and not go back to the 200 requirement. Once members get past the requirement, it will not be an issue.

If there was a problem with scams then sure, increase the min post to 200, 300, 500 or until we filter out the bad apples. Whatever it takes.

300 - 500 post requirement? There would be anarchy, lol. Pre-crash, there were some issues with scams. Even some of the members who had the proper post count would scam, sometimes, which is why we had the "Wall of Shame" thread, but now we have iTrader.

But I don't think I have ever seen someone get scammed from the classifieds when the requirements were 50, and I have been checking it everyday for 2 months.

The reason you did not see any, is because we closed the ones that did not meet the requirement which probably saved a lot of time/hassle/troubles/etc. that may have evolved from a scammer. There was a member with 1 post, no pictures, who created a FS thread and was ONLY here to sell items. That is not what ephatch is about, imo.

It just doesnt make any sense to me to double the requirements when there werent many posts (let alone scams) to begin with.

We doubled the requirement because we felt enough time went by after the crash. We have always been a site that wants to prevent any kind of scams because we are such a close knit community. If one does not have the time to get to know members, post information, etc. and only want to sell items, then this site is not for them.

Overall, I am glad the mods are keeping us from turning into HT. but i stand by my opinion we should'nt make our users jump thru so many loops.

If this site was like honda-tech, I would not be here at all. Once the members get passed the requirement, it will be all good. Until then, post, but not whore.

Gargola
07-11-2008, 06:26 PM
I was never a part of the"old ephatch", and I am still a noob in to the "New ephatch", but ephatch is the only forum I have ever purchased items from fellow members, not just sponsers, because of the "We need to know who you are" stance ephatch takes.

jjermzz
07-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I hate that the first post is the last post. WTF. It makes the DIY harder to read if they multi-post. You gotta read down. Then when your done you have to scroll up. Its just weird.

Getting to 200 post is fun, you get to know who's who.

I love EPHatch.

Tnhatch03
07-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Please read the link in my signature page. That will help with the way the posts are viewed.

4. Why are the posts in reverse order? (newest listed first)
User CP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options Paragraph > Thread Display Mode Group > Change to Linear - Older First

chad jones
07-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I agree, and disagree.

Yes I would like to get my post count back up to what it was, I have things Id like to sell and things id like to buy... Its easier to just pm people anyways.

I dont post here much any more, i check the classifides and troll, but i had a great user feedback. Kinda sucks that I cant even post in a classified thread till i get 100...

Do I need 100 to even post in there, or 100 to MAKE a thread there?

liquid cooled
07-12-2008, 05:59 PM
^ i believe sell, i bought stuff when i only had like 50 posts on the old hatch and nobody delted those posts.

And this place really isnt nazi modderated if you want that check out Lightfighter tactical forums

v1c10us
07-12-2008, 06:38 PM
the site is great
everything is working fine
I was bummed about the crash too, just like everyone else, who cares, shit happens.
You dont dump a really hot girl for clipping her nails in the bed, you just sigh and hope it doesnt happen again.
I think the mods are very leniant and friendly provided you dont go out of your way to piss them off or bend the rules.
I could understand being bothered if you created the WTS thread before the post count was raised, but even then its no one elses buisness.
The post count thing I really don't see as a big deal because its working exactly as its intended to.
If you've been on here a long time, you're not gonna be pissed that the limit is now 100, they'll just sit and wait, or send a PM to someone they know and do the sale without a thread; we know who the person is, so we dont need the posts to vouch for them.
The people who do come on here, join and start selling stuff the very next day will be like WTF, they'll have a fit and they'll spam.
But thats the very reason for it, how are you going to trust someone who just joined yesterday and is trying to sell you jdm projectors and stuff for 400 bucks.

The post deleting is important too, 50 posts isn't alot, even without spamming I could get 50 posts in a few days by simply providing valid information and having a genuine conversation with someone or just getting into a disagreement with someone on a few threads.. but after about 70, theres not many more topics you can talk about without just posting useless stuff

if you don't like the site, you could always leave, its a free country. I hear honda-tech is a real doozee of a good time.

lldiesel386ll
07-12-2008, 07:44 PM

i personally dont think 100 posts is actually much of a loop, so to speak. there are many threads where putting in input from your end is very useful. even asking questions is helpful (as long as it isnt in another thread already:mtongue:) i have lots of faith in buying stuff here due to the picture and price requirements. it was also mentioned here earlier, but those 100 posts are useful in my finding out who that person is--it's like his/her reputation.

in this post-crash ephatch, any information that you may have to share, or any well thought out questions to make would are awesome :thumb:

enough talk though...im here on ocean drive in miami beach for the weekend and im talking on this forum...stupid epcrack:mrolleyes: time to enjoy myself:mcool:

cow
07-12-2008, 08:05 PM
lol Nazi mods.

sand. it's what's in the vagina.

http://beeractivist.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/footprints-in-the-sand.jpg

Windchaser
07-12-2008, 08:27 PM
You moderators are pretty Nazi-like. All the: "if you f#$k up once, I'll ban your ass," and the "I am closing your thread b#$&% just because you ignored the rules from the newbie bible."

Hell, I don't even read my own Bible . . . waiting for backlash from Jono =).

Windchaser
07-12-2008, 08:30 PM
BTW, the reason for me not to sell high priced items on here is because ephatch members are broke. If they weren't, they wouldn't be driving a retarded hatchback :mredface:.

cerebrous
07-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Its only 100 now nice...

BTW, the reason for me not to sell high priced items on here is because ephatch members are broke. If they weren't, they wouldn't be driving a retarded hatchback :mredface:.

:lol: :lol:

sig worthy quote? :mredface:

Kodeen
07-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Rabble!

Rabble Rabble Rabble!!

BaLisTek
07-12-2008, 10:12 PM
i've been threatened by mods before. I think its for the good of the site, you just have to let some mods have a sense of pseudo-power every once in awhile.That being said, I am friends with most of the mods or atleast have respect for the service they provide. 100 posts isn't crap, deal with it

STP03BlueSI
07-12-2008, 11:46 PM
lol Nazi mods.

sand. it's what's in the vagina.

http://beeractivist.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/footprints-in-the-sand.jpg

LMAO!! Cow for Prez:mbiggrin:

player757
07-13-2008, 06:13 AM
I was the creator of the D3 group buy sale. i had posted specifically that with permission of the admins we could keep this thread running. i was fully aware that the thread would be closed but it was worth putting it out there and frankly im glad its being reviewed. any thing to keep the site more legit is cool with me. (by the way i hope that goes through)

jjermzz
07-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Please read the link in my signature page. That will help with the way the posts are viewed.

4. Why are the posts in reverse order? (newest listed first)
User CP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options Paragraph > Thread Display Mode Group > Change to Linear - Older First

Thanks for the help.

ep3er
07-13-2008, 09:31 AM
This post count "issue" will never go away. I should have double of what I have right now and I have never complainted about it and never will (the MODs know this). I have never posted any interesting write ups or contributed any beneficial stuff and I guess never will either. I no longer have the EP so I can't play around with it and discover those little things members have bumped into it.

I would prefer to remain a "simple" member, posting stupid little posts, and making a comment here and there and welcoming newbies that actually be a bitch-ass cry baby and rant about their post count.

cow
07-13-2008, 11:15 AM
I was the creator of the D3 group buy sale. i had posted specifically that with permission of the admins we could keep this thread running. i was fully aware that the thread would be closed but it was worth putting it out there and frankly im glad its being reviewed. any thing to keep the site more legit is cool with me. (by the way i hope that goes through)
Again, thank you for your understanding & continued patience.

Tnhatch03
07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Moon - That would be me deleting your for sale threads because you are not following site rules. I am a new mod, but an old member. Keep on posting random replies to increase your post count. :mbiggrin: :popcorn:

Tnhatch03
07-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I agree, and disagree.

Yes I would like to get my post count back up to what it was, I have things Id like to sell and things id like to buy... Its easier to just pm people anyways.

I dont post here much any more, i check the classifides and troll, but i had a great user feedback. Kinda sucks that I cant even post in a classified thread till i get 100...

Do I need 100 to even post in there, or 100 to MAKE a thread there?

It used to be 200 and people still complained.

You moderators are pretty Nazi-like. All the: "if you f#$k up once, I'll ban your ass," and the "I am closing your thread b#$&% just because you ignored the rules from the newbie bible."

Vote for ban? LOL

Tooshay!

Its only 100 now nice...

It will go back to 200.

100 posts isn't crap, deal with it

This is Sig worthy!

blueEP3piece
07-13-2008, 08:44 PM
lol @ complainted. and why is this still open? lock it up and delete my post already.

Tnhatch03
07-13-2008, 09:58 PM
why close it?

oogy-boogy
07-13-2008, 09:59 PM
lol @ complainted. and why is this still open? lock it up and delete my post already.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. It's staying open.

Why would your post be deleted?

Tnhatch03
07-13-2008, 10:06 PM
one more outburst from you sir, you will be in trouble... by da dawg!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M4b3TsOPK80

AFG
07-13-2008, 11:18 PM
I love ephatch to, and i hope the following does not get me banned lol.

I worked very hard on creating a nice neat for sale thread thinking i was in the clear because i had over 50 posts(i don't check the rules every day, or even the site everyday anymore). Suddenly, without warning the thread i worked so hard on was deleted before finding that the requirement was up to 100 posts.

a little annoyed, and eager to sell my items, I went on a post rampage and just left short, positive comments on people's member ride pages. I need to desperately sell my stuff to pay for tuition or else I'm going to be dropped from all of my courses. A mod got mad at me for overposting and now none of my posts count, and i cant get up to 100, even though i post some very useful information that members use (supplement advice).

this sucks, i don't know what to do. I know it's said often, but really It sucks i was always on ephatch posting and contributing with over 1500 posts before the crash. it is discouraging that a member trying to post on a forum which has lost alot of activity recently is getting shot down for posting too much? I just don't have the time to be around all the time anymore so my post count is not high.
also, There is no way i am trying to scam anyone because all of my stuff is local pickup. i just want to sell my stuff, move on, and contribute slowly.

i mean honestly what is a "useful" post on a friends member rides page? is "hey man love the car, keep it up" not going to count as a post?

i left to go to the gym tonight with 78 posts, i've posted 5 since i got back, and i'm at 74. what am i to do?

end rant.

all help is appreciated.
Thank you

-Navid

oogy-boogy
07-14-2008, 04:22 AM
I understand you frustration. I can't tell you how many "can you please raise my post count" pm's I've received since the crash. We made a decision and we are sticking with it.

You could always get a premium membership for instant classifieds posting access.

jtyler05si
07-14-2008, 05:16 AM
sorry for stupid question... premium=greeny on this site?

4angrybadgers
07-14-2008, 05:26 AM
Jeez, is this STILL being argued? It's not hard at all to blow past 100 quality posts, even if you're the reticent type like I am. Just write useful posts, or ask useful questions (not stupid stuff like "HAY GUYZ my maint. light is on.. wtf to do?").

EPHatch is a community, not just a for-sale board. If you want to contribute to the forum, then great, post away. If you're just here to unload parts, GTFO.

Yessir.

shadowmd
07-14-2008, 05:29 AM
i don't think he is just here to unload parts. he said he used to have 1500 posts. so i don't think that's his motive. i think from what he is saying is that his posts are gettin deleted, preventing him from getting to 100posts.

jtyler05si
07-14-2008, 05:38 AM
i don't think he is just here to unload parts. he said he used to have 1500 posts. so i don't think that's his motive. i think from what he is saying is that his posts are gettin deleted, preventing him from getting to 100posts.

this is true, he seems to be a good part of this site before the crash. now it seems he is to busy to be on here everyday to get his posts up to what it used to be. He still wants to sell his stuff though.

he stated earlier that he went on a mad whoring rampage for a bit. that probably put him on the black list. it seems once you get caught whoring, the mods will pull just about every one of your posts unless its epicly (sp?) helpful. just an observation.

Tnhatch03
07-14-2008, 05:39 AM
if a member is postwhoring, then posts are deleted.

if your posting in sections and your post is not going up, then that section does not increase your post count.

oneglory
07-14-2008, 05:44 AM
Rules are rules.

We made them for a reason, most of the rules here are for the user's benefit or protection.

100 posts? thats nothing. It used to be 200 when I first came to the site. Soon it will be 200 again, and in all honesty that is still not that much. I've seen some forums where you can't post a classified thread unless you make at least 50 of your own threads not just posts in other people's threads.

I understand about people's frustration with the losing posts, I myself lost over 5000 posts. Its unfortunte that we have to press the rules on past members that have been with the site but if we let some go we have to let all go. Know what I mean? its difficult to say one person can do it and someone else can't, its just not fair to everyone.

and as far as calling the mods nazis I don't know about that...a nazi would have closed this thread 2 pages ago instead of actually responding to everyone's concerns.

shadowmd
07-14-2008, 05:53 AM
lol i have no problems with the rules....never have and most likely, never will :mcool:

shanewdude
07-14-2008, 06:14 AM
I love :love: ephatch, mainly because of the people here who are helpful. I think the rules are a big part of what sets this apart from other forums.

It gets annoying when someone points out how many posts they USED to have. Who cares how many posts you used to have? If you have something valuable to contribute, then contribute it. It becomes pretty obvious who are the "big shots" because they contribute excellent knowledge.

I feel for the people who feel shafted by rules that suddenly change without their knowledge, though. There should be (and probably is) a way to get the rule change information out to everyone with some advance warning (especially for those who have a FS thread with just enough posts before the rule change then not enough after it).

SinisterCivicSi
07-14-2008, 07:28 AM
I don't meant to offend anyone. But has there recently been a problem with people getting ripped off?

I noticed there are barely anyone showing up to sell anything, and some of the postings that are getting removed are from really well know people before the crash.

you havent been on the site long i take it? (before the godaddyfuckedus catastrophe)

we had a HUGE Scammer list, what we affectionatly called "the wall of shame". i was the one that updated it with members, collected helpful info from members about prosecuting (internet scams are a federal offense) and the like. it was definatly a HUGE problem on the site until we did something about it. many were banned and then we became nazi's in the classifieds section. why? because we care for our family, friends and members on epatch.

i personally was sick to my stomach from pm's i would get from my friends, and even people i didnt know about how they were ripped off and absolutely PISSED because they lost all their money and some asshole was walkin around laughing at the expense of them. its not fair and we couldnt let it continue.

so on behalf of the staff, we apologize if our rules dont fit everyones agenda but -- the rules wont change much, and we have rules for a reason... they work.

our site is organized, efficient and basically, on point. unlike alot of sites, our staff actually give a shit about what happens to our members. WE are members, we have all been there ... and family looks out for their own . :mbiggrin:

I can see both sides... But these rules are what make this forum so much better (IMO) than all the other forums out there. The post count thing is rediculous thing to argue about though. If all your on here for is to sell parts... Please find another site!

I just wanted to throw my $.02!

:thumb:

if there is a moderator that is acting out of line - then you pm me or oogy-boogy and it will be handled. just because staff have "powers" that doesnt give them an excuse to be an asshole to members. now granted, doing our job doesnt make us very popular or liked but we have to do it. and if there are rules in place and someone is breaking them, i dont care, your thread is goign to be closed or your posts deleted. if you cannot respect the rules of the site, then your thread/posts also wont be. we dont play favorites - we cant! there are too many members on here, if we let one guy leave up his classifieds and he has no pics, then thousands more members will expect the same consideration.... its not going to happen. sorry if this upsets anyone but hey... its the rules, like em or not... we will enforce them.

i've been threatened by mods before. I think its for the good of the site, you just have to let some mods have a sense of pseudo-power every once in awhile.That being said, I am friends with most of the mods or atleast have respect for the service they provide. 100 posts isn't crap, deal with it

thats it, your banned you bastard!

:msmooch:

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. It's staying open.

Why would your post be deleted?

i dont get it either.... :mconfused:

green is our donating member status... we are actually in the midst of tweeking it, and offering more to the membership. :mwink: