PDA

View Full Version : DIY Request, Rear Tie-bar??

EggShellSi
07-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Do i need to jack up the car, or anything special??? Or just take out the 2 screws and add the tie-bar?? I just dont want to F anything up. Thanks!!

i think you have to jack up the car. i did when i took mine off.

the 2 bolts hold the LCAs to the cross member.

EggShellSi
07-12-2008, 10:37 AM
i think you have to jack up the car. i did when i took mine off.

the 2 bolts hold the LCAs to the cross member.

ok so i take those 2 bolts off while the cars jacked up, and just install mine in correct??? I just dont know if it would be a Mofo to put the Lca's back into place.

trying to re-line up the LCA with the cross member frame is a little tricky. are you replacing the bolts with new ones?

and i honestly don't know if you can do it while the car is sitting on the ground.

EggShellSi
07-12-2008, 01:20 PM
i guess so, im using the ones that came with the skunk 2 tie-bar.

xXxMLEExXx
07-16-2008, 06:44 AM
Bump...i would like to know also.

bunk
07-16-2008, 07:26 AM
You definitely need to jack the car up.

After you have it on jack stands, remove the bolts holding the lower control arms. Get the tie bar into position and replace the two bolts.

Now getting those bolts back in can be tricky... A little tip is to use a scissor or floor jack underneath the LCA to get it into position. Also you can use a flathead screwdriver from behind to manipulate the the hole into position.

Also, make sure that you torque those bolts to spec. (43 ft/lbs)

xXxMLEExXx
07-16-2008, 08:07 AM
You definitely need to jack the car up.

After you have it on jack stands, remove the bolts holding the lower control arms. Get the tie bar into position and replace the two bolts.

Now getting those bolts back in can be tricky... A little tip is to use a scissor or floor jack underneath the LCA to get it into position. Also you can use a flathead screwdriver from behind to manipulate the the hole into position.

Also, make sure that you torque those bolts to spec. (43 ft/lbs)

Coo..thanks for the info.

bunk
07-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Coo..thanks for the info.

No problem.:mwink: