PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning your brake calipers

EPJuicebox
07-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to clean your brake calipers. I was thinking brake cleaner but when I bought my car they were so dirty they looked black. I want them to shine like new and was wondering if there is anything that is stronger/better than brake cleaner.

chad jones
07-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Get a steel wire brush.. spray brake cleaner on them, scrub. You can also try something like soft scrub with bleach and a wire brush.

v1c10us
07-12-2008, 06:44 PM
well, im not entirely sure on the contents of the brake caliper, like if there are any rubber or plastic pieces in there or hose fittings, etc.
but if you remove them and can also remove anything that is not metal, go to home depot and purchase something with lye in it, it will start to bubble off all the nasty stuff.

mr-alternative
07-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Get a steel wire brush.. spray brake cleaner on them, scrub. You can also try something like soft scrub with bleach and a wire brush.

get a "steel wire brush" for a cordless screw driver, then clean your Brake caliper with this method of using them until theres a shiny silvern steel coat...but watch carefully near to rubber, hose fittings, brake lines etc.

Then paint it with that color you like to have....just use brake paint / paint for higher temperatures...

skoolnu
07-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Por15 is the shit for this...

www.por15.com

get a "steel wire brush" for a cordless screw driver, then clean your Brake caliper with this method of using them until theres a shiny silvern steel coat...but watch carefully near to rubber, hose fittings, brake lines etc.

Then paint it with that color you like to have....just use brake paint / paint for higher temperatures...