PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions...

milob86
07-13-2008, 07:59 AM
1. at 300 hp, what pipe size is good? would the greddy evo2 2.5in piping be good or not?

2. Anyone recommend a good performance exhaust system for that kind of hp? Im trying to avoid the custom setup.

My wife: Baby, did you realize that you titled the thread "2 questions" but you asked 3?
Me: Baby, shut up. :)
My wife:.......
Me: Im sleeping on the couch tonight, aren't I?....
My wife:(nodding her head up and down)

cow
07-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Haha. Your wife pointed it out before I could.

shadowmd
07-13-2008, 08:20 AM
lol but i would recommend 2.75 or 3"

skunk2 70mm

ep3er
07-13-2008, 09:49 AM
300hp? If you're boosted a 3 inch diameter will do fine. Other than being boosted a 2.5 inch is ok. IMO

talonXracer
07-13-2008, 10:30 AM
At a 300whp level the Kseries really needs at least the 2.75"(70mm) to attain the most top end, preferably a 3". But remember you will loose alot of low end power and drivability with the larger dia exhaust.

civsirmt
07-13-2008, 11:22 AM
the evo2 isnt 2.5, there are only a few 2.5 or bigger exhaust for our cars.
skunk2 are nice and a direct fit
megan drift spec is 2.5

EPSpeedKing
07-13-2008, 12:04 PM
I would go with at least a 70mm exhaust for 300 hp especially going turbo.

milob86
07-13-2008, 03:40 PM
well its technically not for me. my friend asked me that question so i asked it here. hes got an ep nd my cuzin is tuning his car. hes got alot of stuff goin in his a2 engine, nd he asked that. He doesnt know wheather to get the ssr or hytech header. next what brand should he go with. he doesnt want custom. and i read about the fitment issue with the racing headers being 3 inches longer. 2 more questions...

1. how do we fix the problem(plz do go into detail)
2. what exhausts can we use that would be fine. Im probably gonna follow him and do all motor. alot of cops around here wait to here a turbo, cuz they'll know that ur trying to go a little fast.

***Cops around here are bored cops. doing 26 on a 25 is intensive action and they will all jump to the occasion to pull someone over and throw testosterone to intimidate and feel proud. Thats why i am equiped with the "Family Member" PBA Card. nd im not related to any cop, just a goood friend from high school gave it to me..... HEHEHEHEHE:mangel:

shadowmd
07-13-2008, 03:46 PM
300hp and its not turbo? is it a s/c? cause its gona be hard to do it n/a lol i say that cause u mentioned the ssr header etc.

milob86
07-13-2008, 03:53 PM
well my cuzin is a good tuner. besides my friend is one of those ppl whos father can supply money like a bathtub does to water. but me nd him like tuner cars and nothing will ever change that.:msmile:nd no its n/a. but we dont want to do custom. we were looking at the thermal 3inch exhaust and we're not sure if the turbo exhausts would be good cause we heard that since the turbo gives those big exhausts less sound, its ok, but for n/a its going to be pretty loud. we dont mind that the car is alittle louder than normal, but we dont want to be the type to be heard 5 blocks away. u get me? cuz if it doesnt matter, we would go with the evo TT cuz its 2.75.

Nd shadow i have a question for u. first i must say, ur car.....IS BEAUTIFUL:mcry: i love it man for real. uve inspired me nd my friend to go n/a. anyway i saw ur vids and again i loved them, and i wanted to know, why is it that wen ur reving, your going WAAYYYY beyond the red line on the car. as if the stock tach didnt even exist. the needle went as far as the 20 on the speedometer. wats up with that dude.