PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with pics

OrganDonar 8=D
07-12-2002, 05:36 PM
I finally registered after weeks of keeping up with all of you. i was putting it off until i could get some pics of my ride. check em' out

please let me know what you think. as fellow owners i'd like your opinions

oh yeah one last thing... i'd like to say i am extremely jealous of miamijdm's whip... nice work

pics @ http://members.photofun.com/souzuki/2k2si members.phototfun.com/souzuki/2k2si (http://)

Brenetics
07-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the Forum!!!

Nice car, what kind of rims are those?

lemme see if this works....

http://members2.photofun.com/souzuki/iTOOLImageGallery/front%20lft%20fender%2Ejpg

fishboy
07-12-2002, 05:43 PM
dude your car is sweet. welcome.

Mike_B
07-12-2002, 06:00 PM
Your car looks very smooth and the stance is perfect IMO. May I ask what lowering springs you used and are those 18 or 17 inch wheels?

stingyboy
07-12-2002, 06:18 PM
nice car. the black on black look doesn't usually work for me...but with the silver lip i think it DOES work very nicely.

we can't let you join us though since you didn't get the facotry fogs....cheap bastard!!! :p

SBC31
07-12-2002, 06:26 PM
Welcome to ephatch, those wheels are sweet, now I want to switch wheels on my car.

So what brand of wheels are they?

2fastcivic
07-12-2002, 07:10 PM
i like your car man. very clean. i like the black on black w/ the silver lip. any other mods?

OrganDonar 8=D
07-12-2002, 10:05 PM
[i]
we can't let you join us though since you didn't get the facotry fogs....cheap bastard!!! :p [/B]

yeah i know... up front i was cheap. i was upside down 4k$ in my other vehicle. so everything is coming out of pocket now. taking care of essentials before i snag some fogs....... hey!!! how did you know i was a bastard???

IceD out N CALI
07-13-2002, 12:38 AM
nice ride, what brand/size tires are you running?

1fastminivan
07-13-2002, 01:21 AM
Welcome and very nice!
I likes... I likes..

Mechanic
07-13-2002, 03:00 AM
Looks great. I, too, was about to ask whose springs & alloys you had until I read your car's bio at the bottom of box. This was a quiz to drive us nuts, huh?

So, now are you gonna tell us where you bought 'em, costs, did you buy them as a package, what's that pup ride like, etc? Details, man.

And welcome aboard.

FourJays
07-13-2002, 11:16 AM
OK! That seals it for me. Now I KNOW I'm getting H&Rs and 17s. Very nice look. I like the subtle agressive look instead of the over-the-top look.

OrganDonar 8=D
07-13-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Mechanic

So, now are you gonna tell us where you bought 'em, costs, did you buy them as a package, what's that pup ride like, etc? Details, man.

thanx all for the positive feedback.. to answer questions.

rims are 17"konig absolutes w/ nitto nt450 215x45's
lowering springs are H&R sport springs w/ about 1.5" drop-fills the wheel well nicely, can't fit 2 fingers. just like a _ _ _ _ _ _. haha use your imagination on that

as far as how it rides...... well, if you think it handles good stock. these mods will give you perma-grin. i did the tires and springs at the same time. it was like night and day. i couldn't say enough good things about the combination. i didn't really feel it get sluggish off the line.. only bad thing of course is i compromised some of the drivability in the city. i think it may be due to the stock struts up front. i'm looking into koni yellows

bought the wheels and tires as a package deal from discount tire direct. by far the best deal i found. i paid $1148.00 wich included high speed balancing, xtra $40.00

SBC31
07-13-2002, 11:50 AM
Man, now I want those wheels bad. Found them in Vancouver B.C. for a great price.

Konig (http://www.tiretrends.com/wheel_catalog.php3?newCurrencyCode=1U&wheelID=63&wheelName=Absolute+Graphite&manImageID=988&wheelManName=Konig&wheelImageID=1270)

SmoothOperator
07-13-2002, 01:06 PM
Damn I wonder of those konigs are available in white.... I'm beginning to regret not going lower too. :( Anyone wanna swap h&r's for Eibach sportlines???
Car looks really good man...the black civics are my next fave colour after white.

Mechanic
07-15-2002, 02:56 AM
Took me a while to get back on line. OrganDoner, you Si looks great.

HondaMan
07-15-2002, 10:22 AM
Damn, those wheels do look awesome! And for that price I should have got them instead of mine < www.tirerack.com >. Doh! :(

02TafWhtSi
07-15-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by OrganDonar 8=D
only bad thing of course is i compromised some of the drivability in the city. i think it may be due to the stock struts up front. i'm looking into koni yellows

Is the ride bouncy or jittery now on the highway? I saw a 2001 LX coupe today that was dropped at least 2.5" that was bouncing up and down from the moment I saw him to when he got off the exit - really bad too! I understand our shocks/struts are much stiffer than the regular Civics so I was just curious how the shorter springs felt with the stock shocks.

OrganDonar 8=D
07-15-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi

Is the ride bouncy or jittery now on the highway

ride is not bouncy or jittery at all. it is very stable and firm whether at highway speeds or taking tight corners. even in corners when hitting bumps it doesn't get thrown off its line. it rebounds nicely.

the thing i don't like is when i drive in the city these stock struts
dont react well to the imperfections and potholes in the road. seems that these stock struts wont last too long.

02SilverSiHB
07-21-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by OrganDonar 8=D
please let me know what you think. as fellow owners i'd like your opinions

It almost looked like they were gunmetal. Can't go wrong with H&R. If I ever decide to start modding this car, I'm sticking with H&R like I did on my previous civic

Nice ride man!