PDA

View Full Version : Damn water rationing!

silver hatch
07-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Well, where I live, there is now an "until further notice" law that states that we can't wash the driveway with water or even wash our own cars. So now I gotta let someone manhandle my ep at a car wash or take it to those self wash places that are always in a bad area, oh well. I guess it'll give me more reason to give her a long over due wax afterwards lol.

frm_808
07-13-2008, 03:34 PM
haha welcome to vegas status buddy. its a seasonal thing

makavelibranded
07-13-2008, 04:53 PM
yep its been like that for a bit now

!@#$%
07-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Those signs stay up in the cities year around over here.

Blackexcoupe
07-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Get a waterless car wash and clean your own car.

silver hatch
07-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Get a waterless car wash and clean your own car.

I never liked the idea of doing that, because I could never get into those nooks and crannys , and the fear of making scratches.

Tnhatch03
07-13-2008, 10:43 PM
geesh, that is crazy!!

here is a quick solution for you...haha..

go to the beach, get you some salt water, boil it, wash your car.

Blackexcoupe
07-13-2008, 10:58 PM
I never liked the idea of doing that, because I could never get into those nooks and crannys , and the fear of making scratches.I know what you mean about getting into the little areas, but regular up keeping of the car's paint won't require that you get into the nooks and crannys. The point of the product is to help reduce swirling while making it easier to keep the car clean when car washes aren't available. Another alternative is Optimum no rinse since it requires only 2 gallons of water. If you don't have much stuff in the garage you can get away with washing it inside.

charles
07-14-2008, 02:14 AM
who gonna catch you? do it!!!!!!1

dichotomous
07-14-2008, 07:39 AM
gosh I like living in the wet and lush northeast.....

talonXracer
07-14-2008, 07:57 AM
The northeast will be following the rest of the country in water rationing here shortly, dont worry! The gas companys have found massive deposits of natural gas deep down below the NE of the USA. The only problem is that waterwells have started to go dry as the gas companys have to replace the gas they bring up, with water......Another short sighted folly!

frm_808
07-14-2008, 01:18 PM
who gonna catch you? do it!!!!!!1

ive heard up hear, if you live in a certain areas your neighbors will rat you out for not washing your car on certain days of the week and they get paid for it..lol so ive heard.

!@#$%
07-14-2008, 01:22 PM
ive heard up hear, if you live in a certain areas your neighbors will rat you out for not washing your car on certain days of the week and they get paid for it..lol so ive heard.

This is true. Usually you can only water the lawn on certain days depending on the even/odd last digit of your address. Even then you have to wait until after 10 pm.

You're right about the neighbors thing too. I think the most ironic thing is when you pass a water rationing sign posted in the yard of a business and the automatic sprinklers are on while it's raining.

frm_808
07-14-2008, 02:00 PM
I think the most ironic thing is when you pass a water rationing sign posted in the yard of a business and the automatic sprinklers are on while it's raining.

ya i just think thats a waste of water, esp here in vegas

flipflopz
07-14-2008, 04:15 PM
i would wash the car really good once.. then stock up on some detailer spray.. gets the job done and keeps the car smooth like a baby's bottom

trogdor48430
07-15-2008, 08:00 AM
man that would suck, hopefully that will never head my way

dichotomous
07-15-2008, 10:39 AM
The northeast will be following the rest of the country in water rationing here shortly, dont worry! The gas companys have found massive deposits of natural gas deep down below the NE of the USA. The only problem is that waterwells have started to go dry as the gas companys have to replace the gas they bring up, with water......Another short sighted folly!

actually I get my water from lake champlain, I belive the catskills are next to that one too, I'm not worried about it going dry (my boss is also the former water department engineer and has assured me there will never NOT be enough water up here). I fully understand the nature of aquafers and how they take a while to replenish, but most of the water around here is from the surface, in lakes, same as I assume it is over there. so we dont need to worry as much about aquafer replenesment since the mountains and lakes trap the water.
and as far as washing, it rains every other day anyway so why bother aside from now and then?

then again, as far as wells go, I have seen that too in some places, though its likely more a natural phenomenon since they dont allow enough drilling over here to mess up the balance, but residental wells are going deeper to get good flow lately. just means more people will need to hook up to municipal water