PDA

View Full Version : Wow, an fg showed some love.

silver hatch
07-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Last night I was in my ep cruisin' with the family in L.A., and a really clean fg came along side me. I guess he saw me admiring his nice car and all. It was nhbp with black rims and a red lip, and had a nice drop and exhaust. As he made a turn onto another street, he looked over and put his hand up. I thought that was really cool of him to do that and we don't even have the same car. Most fg's that I see on the road figure that they are always faster and better than us, so they just show off by flooring it when ever they get close. Or just have like a cocky look on their face.

DekaEPman1
07-13-2008, 02:58 PM
maybe he used to have an ep

Unknownally
07-13-2008, 03:05 PM
maybe he used to have an ep

That's a thought

Probably

zzfinaldropzz
07-13-2008, 03:07 PM
maybe there was an ant on his hand and he wanted to flake it away.

Rep
07-13-2008, 03:09 PM
In the FA5, if I'd wave at an EP owner they'd look at me funny. :happy:

shadowmd
07-13-2008, 03:41 PM
i had a cool fg guy give me a thumbs up yesterday after a few runs on I-95 at 2am.....of course this is after he got owned lol....but still a cool guy. it had an exhaust and intake at the least. maybe a RH, not sure....cool guy tho

cow
07-13-2008, 03:42 PM
In the FA5, if I'd wave at an EP owner they'd look at me funny. :happy:
I've waved to an EP owner I didn't know while driving the Z & he floored it away from me, lol.

shadowmd
07-13-2008, 03:44 PM
I've waved to an EP owner I didn't know while driving the Z & he floored it away from me, lol.

ya prob. scared him away lol

cow
07-13-2008, 03:46 PM
I think he was showing me how fast his EP is.

ALep3
07-13-2008, 03:52 PM

me?

cow
07-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Were you in Shreveport, LA recently?

shusi
07-13-2008, 03:58 PM
never had a cool fg owner do that, most just cocky. :mmad:

ALep3
07-13-2008, 03:59 PM
no, nor would i have tried to show you how fast my car was.

cow
07-13-2008, 03:59 PM
no, nor would i have tried to show you how fast my car was.
& that's why we love you.

ALep3
07-13-2008, 04:00 PM
lmao

riceboy075
07-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Man what happen to the import love, respect, honor, and integrity, lol.......... yeah right now a day everyone thinks theyre fast, even this old grandma i use to drive next while going to San Jose.

Windchaser
07-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Every time I see an EP3 owner, I usually flip them off because they think they are the shit :mredface:

Kodeen
07-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Man what happen to the import love, respect, honor, and integrity, lol.......... yeah right now a day everyone thinks theyre fast, even this old grandma i use to drive next while going to San Jose.

Was there ever civility in the import scene? Maybe in the 80's when the choice to go with a small Japanese car was an uncommon one, but it's been chocked full of ricers for some time now.

AFG
07-13-2008, 05:41 PM
thats tight. i Like FGs

silver hatch
07-13-2008, 11:01 PM
One thing I've noticed with all motorcycle riders, is that all of them have respect for each other. It's rare to see a rider not throwing up a deuce to another rider when they cross paths, no matter how different their bikes are.

socmex7
07-14-2008, 01:15 AM
One thing I've noticed with all motorcycle riders, is that all of them have respect for each other. It's rare to see a rider not throwing up a deuce to another rider when they cross paths, no matter how different their bikes are.

yea, they all have that mutual respect for each other.. it's pretty tight if you ask me..

HappiChild
07-14-2008, 10:06 AM
he thinks ep is still an better looking car

jtyler05si
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
the biker wave a cool thing known between the bikers.
if the import scene started doing that, that would be considered rice in about the first five minutes.

Tortoise
07-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Haha thats rare.It seems 90% of people that drive import cars are complete assholes.

silver hatch
07-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Haha thats rare.It seems 90% of people that drive import cars are complete assholes.

Yeah, here's a good example of that. Yesterday, I was in another car getting groceries and when we were leaving we stopped at a small 4 way intersection. A modified eg hatch was turning left one way, and an ek was waiting to turn into the same street. The guy in the ek was staring the other guy down and the guy wasn't even looking his way. As he was turning, the ek kept revving like crazy and I guess the other guy got mad and just floored it after he got straight on the road.

v1c10us
07-14-2008, 09:46 PM

yeah for real
I was driving my friends Moped for a day while he borrowed the EP3, and its like a fairly cool lookin moped, called a derbi gp1 or something http://msmob.oldiblog.com/sites/images/articles/132/article_1328961.jpg
looks like that.
I was at a stop sign and a harley guy was talking to me and we raced, I got absolutely smoked cause im on a freakin like 49cc moped or something, but still
and then later on i got passed by like 6 streetbikes and they all put there hands out with a peace sign even though im not even on a bike I was just on a moped.

Wanna know the last time anyone waved at me in a car? It was after I kept up with an old guy in a porsche, he was smiling from ear to ear and he waved.
all the import guys wont even turn to look at you.

BaLisTek
07-14-2008, 10:28 PM

its ok man, you can tell everybody it was me.

Strife
07-15-2008, 06:02 AM
I don't know why everyone acts so surprised to get props on their cars or just waves from other drivers. Quit acting like as an EP3 owner you're below everyone else. It's just an FG2..

I don't know, just my opinion..

D3xn2o
07-15-2008, 07:08 AM
yeah for real
I was driving my friends Moped for a day while he borrowed the EP3, and its like a fairly cool lookin moped, called a derbi gp1 or something http://msmob.oldiblog.com/sites/images/articles/132/article_1328961.jpg
looks like that.
I was at a stop sign and a harley guy was talking to me and we raced, I got absolutely smoked cause im on a freakin like 49cc moped or something, but still
and then later on i got passed by like 6 streetbikes and they all put there hands out with a peace sign even though im not even on a bike I was just on a moped.

Wanna know the last time anyone waved at me in a car? It was after I kept up with an old guy in a porsche, he was smiling from ear to ear and he waved.
all the import guys wont even turn to look at you.

This is another reason why i love my bike

It doesnt matter if you have a hog a cruiser a sport bike a death bike a moped of a Scooter of some sort we all wave salute whatever

I Try to wave at other EP's And they just pull up like "whats up" nothin nice EP

Nice what?

Nice car dude....

Then the whole Ever been on EPHATCH.COM

NO WTH is that....

I hate import car owners now...

Ima be puttin my EPHATCH stickers on my Bike now :mbiggrin:

v1c10us
07-15-2008, 10:49 AM
yeah, I fail to understand why anyone who owns an ep wouldn't be on here, its kinda da bomb.

Rep
07-15-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't know why everyone acts so surprised to get props on their cars or just waves from other drivers. Quit acting like as an EP3 owner you're below everyone else. It's just an FG2..

The elitism goes both ways unfortunately.

DRP967
07-15-2008, 11:43 AM

An FG2 and an EP3 have in thing in common...they are both Civics. Personally i dont care/bother to wave/acknowledge other ep owners...thats what meets are for. When im on the road, i do my own thing.

todaamann
07-15-2008, 01:04 PM
hmm... this to me is odd. i view it almost as something i have in common with the other driver. this standoffish'ness i haven't really seen before.. nor would i like to! i've made a couple friends out of people that i've actually talked to because of the car they drive. just my opinion though! maybe its different in different places.

Strife
07-15-2008, 03:34 PM
The elitism goes both ways unfortunately.

I'm sure it does, the car modding community is full of it. I guess all I'm saying is that the EP3 is a nice car, by no means should you feel inferior to anyone else. But at the same time, we should remember to me modest. Regardless of what we drive. It's just a car and in no way does it measure any kind of merit within a person. Except it may suggest things about their income, which in my opinion, doesn't measure someone's merit either.

I'm probably thinking too hard into this. :washing:

Rep
07-15-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm sure it does, the car modding community is full of it. I guess all I'm saying is that the EP3 is a nice car, by no means should you feel inferior to anyone else. But at the same time, we should remember to me modest. Regardless of what we drive. It's just a car and in no way does it measure any kind of merit within a person. Except it may suggest things about their income, which in my opinion, doesn't measure someone's merit either.

I'm probably thinking too hard into this. :washing:
I'm not taking any of this from an EP owner.

matth1054
07-15-2008, 08:06 PM

thats funny...what an idiot

fatdong
07-16-2008, 03:33 AM
i read that as EG and i was gonna be like how did you know it was nhbp? jeeezzz im retarded.

FG owners are generally more mature... they ARE driving ~25K cars and most of the time they're not little punk kids, and they probably understand what the Si bond is all aboot.

silver hatch
07-16-2008, 10:29 PM
i read that as EG and i was gonna be like how did you know it was nhbp? jeeezzz im retarded.

FG owners are generally more mature... they ARE driving ~25K cars and most of the time they're not little punk kids, and they probably understand what the Si bond is all aboot.

Actually the guy was probably about 18, which made it more surprising. I'm not making a big deal about this, it's just that it's good to know that there's still some humble people out there, you know?

BeaterEP
07-17-2008, 06:28 AM
I gotta say, I'm with the OP on this one...surprised that the guy wasn't a total dick.
Got a couple of FG owners in my town now, and yeah, they're complete tools, unfortunately.

I have met a couple on the roads that were nice though, which I guess plays in to the idea that there might be some sort of "bond" among the civic/si community.

Now 350Z-owners...fuck those guys :biggrin:

tech9
07-17-2008, 10:12 PM
maybe there was an ant on his hand and he wanted to flake it away.

rofl i was thinking the same thing

Strife
07-17-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm not taking any of this from an EP owner.

:shrug:

All I'm saying is that as EP owners we shouldn't act like we're inferior to any other car owners. Especially some one who owns another Civic. What makes them so much better? Keep in mind I'm well aware of what the EP3 is. It's nothing special compared to other cars on the road, but it's nothing to be ashamed of owning. If you ARE ashamed of owning it then you should sell it and move on.

Also, I did real the OPs recent post saying he was just happy there's modest people out there. I agree and I'm sorry I mistook his post. :mbiggrin:

Passenger
07-18-2008, 01:29 AM
lol Idk if any of you watch scrubs, I just started watching it on Comedy Central about a month or so ago, but Strife reminds me of the Dorian and ReplicaZOMG!! reminds me of Dr. Cox.

cow
07-18-2008, 02:18 AM
Now 350Z-owners...fuck those guys :biggrin:Yeah! What a bunch of faggots.

:mrolleyes:

K2OH2SLOW
07-18-2008, 04:27 AM
last nite on my way to get gas, i had a g2 integra and a ex civic laugh as i rode by...wasnt sure if they were laughin at my white rota slips on my nhbp ep, or my car overall...ne ways, instead of revving and driving away, i just laughed back at em

Rep
07-18-2008, 07:01 AM
:shrug:
'Twas a joke sir. :mbiggrin:

I gotta say, I'm with the OP on this one...surprised that the guy wasn't a total dick.
Got a couple of FG owners in my town now, and yeah, they're complete tools, unfortunately.
I've never understood the elitism that comes with owning a FWD economy car with 175whp. Whatever floats their boat I suppose.

Strife
07-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah! What a bunch of faggots.

:mrolleyes:

Wanna make out? :mtongue:

'Twas a joke sir. :mbiggrin:

I work too much and sleep too little. :mbiggrin:

donkeygong64
07-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Stock Fg's only have 175 WHP? Solid rear axle FTL I laugh at them when they drive by.

Rep
07-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Stock Fg's only have 175 WHP? Solid rear axle FTL I laugh at them when they drive by.
Solid rear axle?

donkeygong64
07-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Solid rear axle?

As far as my knowledge goes with the new FG Si's. They have a solid axle suspension with the multi-link system. Similar to what Ford puts into their mustangs. The EP3 type R's put against the new type R's, the EP3 will undoubtly smoke the FG's(if thats what the type R's are called) around the track.

Kodeen
07-18-2008, 01:05 PM
As far as my knowledge goes with the new FG Si's. They have a solid axle suspension with the multi-link system. Similar to what Ford puts into their mustangs. The EP3 type R's put against the new type R's, the EP3 will undoubtly smoke the FG's(if thats what the type R's are called) around the track.

Remember, there's 2 different Type-R's in the current generation. I think the handling comparison has been made like this:

JDM FD2 (sedan) > EP3-R > EDM FN2 (hatchback)

donkeygong64
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Remember, there's 2 different Type-R's in the current generation. I think the handling comparison has been made like this:

JDM FD2 (sedan) > EP3-R > EDM FN2 (hatchback)

Ah okay then. It was definitely the hatchback that was being compared because it was about the hottest hatchbacks.

But still the current generation of FG's have multi-link suspension which is yuck!

Rep
07-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Pretty sure that's wrong. The Honda fit has a rear beam in the back, the new Civic still have independent control arms and they are much quicker around the track trim for trim than any EP.

Perhaps you're thinking of that weird european Type-R hatch? That thing has a rear beam and IS slower than the EP3R. As for all US civics and the JDM type R, this isn't the case.

donkeygong64
07-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Pretty sure that's wrong. The Honda fit has a rear beam in the back, the new Civic still have independent control arms and they are much quicker around the track trim for trim than any EP.

Perhaps you're thinking of that weird european Type-R hatch? That thing has a rear beam and IS slower than the EP3R. As for all US civics and the JDM type R, this isn't the case.

well according to the Honda website they have a multi-link system on the rear of a Civic Si. I could be very wrong, but the only reason why I see the new Civics being faster around the track in the US, is because of the higher output engine stock for stock.

Yeah I was talking about the Euro Hatch... my bad didn't realise there were two civic type r's

Rep
07-18-2008, 01:33 PM
well according to the Honda website they have a multi-link system on the rear of a Civic Si. I could be very wrong, but the only reason why I see the new Civics being faster around the track in the US, is because of the higher output engine stock for stock.

Yeah I was talking about the Euro Hatch... my bad didn't realise there were two civic type r's
I think we're confusing terms here. All Civics since 1988 have used multilink rear suspension designs. You may be thinking of "rear beam" or "torsen beam". A rear beam is commonly found on mini-vans and entry level cars such as VW Golfs, old Mini-coopers, all Sentras, and the Honda Fit. Next time you're by one of these cars, take a look under there, it's VERY different than what we're used to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsion_beam_suspension

A solid rear axle is RWD exclusive and is just a basic design to make the rear wheels move. More info here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_axle

donkeygong64
07-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Oh my bad then :mmad:
i'm completely wrong haha.

cow
07-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Wanna make out? :mtongue:

yes please

Rep
07-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Room for a third tounge? It'll be a triad of licking.

cow
07-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Only have room if you shave your head. I love me some bald-headed men.

Passenger
07-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Someone should repost this thread... " Wow, and fags showed some tongue love " :mrolleyes:

cow
07-18-2008, 09:14 PM
pics

Strife
07-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Someone should repost this thread... " Wow, and fags showed some tongue love " :mrolleyes:

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Debbie-Gray/Chill-Out-Photographic-Print-C12255139.jpeg

donkeygong64
07-19-2008, 03:35 PM
this thread is useless without pics!!!!

Fish
07-19-2008, 04:15 PM
I always wave at other Si's and nicely done Hondas.

Anyone ever seen what Corvette guys do when they pass? They stick their hands out their removable roofs every time haha. It's like a middle aged man-cult

Passenger
07-20-2008, 01:17 PM
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Debbie-Gray/Chill-Out-Photographic-Print-C12255139.jpeg

http://a.bebo.com/app-image/6506305819/i.idlestudios.com/img/q/u/08/04/22/IM,FINE,_aut0.jpg

66elwood99
07-20-2008, 05:43 PM
it would have been nice to see some love yesterday. epsu3, em1 pgh, ProfessorM and I went to a Honda-Tech meet and there were a lot of nice hondas. I took a lot of pictures and posted up on their site but then I noticed that no one else posted any pics of our ep's. I was the only one that showed an ep or two. Where is the love for our eps?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2130632&page=23

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/66elwood99/liningup.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/66elwood99/epsrepresent.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/66elwood99/oldschool.jpg

chuck83
07-20-2008, 06:03 PM
i had one show me some love over the spring, he pulled up next to me and gave me a nod then ducked in infront of me, then he pulled into a parking lot and gave me the peace sign as i passed him. I also waved to an eg and had him wave back. I've waved to a couple other nice eg's in the area but got nothing in return. other than that no one shows love for the ep on the road. I went to a meet in Mass. yesterday, the only other EP there was EP3Moschini, someone made a 5 minute video of the meet and my car is in there for about 0.25 seconds. :mrolleyes:

saintluk2
07-22-2008, 11:20 PM
i just don't think about the "community" thing when i see another ep.. mayeb it's cause i never got into the mod scene (never liked drag racing, which is all iv'e seen). don't get me wrong i like my car alot, but feeling like i'm part of somethign other than being a honda driver, never hit me.

donkeygong64
07-22-2008, 11:32 PM
that's why we need to stick together. You mess with one EP you mess with 3.
Thats why its called EP3!! Duh!! Simple knowledge:mcool:

civictype_r04
07-24-2008, 01:36 PM
It's funny when an fg pulls up to me at a light. Most of the time the kid will look over and give my car a POS look. Then he will rev and and laugh. When the light changes he'll spin his tires and take off I take it easy. I let him get a car and a half to two car on me then Ill step on it in 2nd and pass him then he is like WTF:meek: as I laugh by him. It has happend with two different kids you would think they were twins haha. Boost owns me!

donkeygong64
07-24-2008, 04:34 PM
It's funny when an fg pulls up to me at a light. Most of the time the kid will look over and give my car a POS look. Then he will rev and and laugh. When the light changes he'll spin his tires and take off I take it easy. I let him get a car and a half to two car on me then Ill step on it in 2nd and pass him then he is like WTF:meek: as I laugh by him. It has happend with two different kids you would think they were twins haha. Boost owns me!

That's that good stuff. Show em who's boss

monthtrial
07-24-2008, 11:10 PM
He might have thought you were mockin' him.

thats funny...what an idiot

MugsyTheGr8
07-25-2008, 08:14 PM
i always love to show/receive love from fellow auto enthusiast, Honda driver or not.

todaamann
07-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Imo... Ep>fg