PDA

View Full Version : OEM cd player?????

pynikal
07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
the damn thing wont give me my CD back!! it just says err. is there a hard reset for this thing or do i have to get a new radio??

i say it's done for. time to get a new one.

pynikal
07-14-2008, 04:35 PM
:mrolleyes:.......shit.........:mfrown:

liej1
07-14-2008, 04:39 PM
i know on some if u look near the cd slot theres a small hole like on the cd drive on a computer. stick a paper clip in there and it should return the cd to its owner. not sure if the eps have this cause i havent really looked all that close but its worth a look.

pynikal
07-14-2008, 04:50 PM
looked for that on the way home and could not find it. i dont think the EPs have that. thanks for the input. do you think it would be somewere else on the radio???

jimmyjames
07-14-2008, 08:21 PM
1. get a strip of masking tape...about 6 inches
2. get a butter knife
3. with help from the knife, feed the tape into the CD slot sticky side down and then press the sticky side of the tape down onto the CD.
4. pull on tape

works every time. don't use CDs with paper printed labels on them; they'll get stick.

pynikal
07-15-2008, 05:34 AM
^^^^ill try this when i get home tonight! thanks!!^^^^:whoo:

NitroBoarder
07-15-2008, 06:21 AM
1. get a strip of masking tape...about 6 inches
2. get a butter knife
3. with help from the knife, feed the tape into the CD slot sticky side down and then press the sticky side of the tape down onto the CD.
4. pull on tape

works every time. don't use CDs with paper printed labels on them; they'll get stick.

that's the method I used on my first PS3 when the power supply just up and quit on me while I still had a game in the slot. took me a few tries, but I eventually got it.

pynikal
07-21-2008, 09:34 AM
before i tried getting out the CD i hit the eject button just to see what would happen and to my surprise it came out, and has been working flawlessly since so im going to keep my fingers crossed.

AliG-EP3
07-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow, I'm gonna have to use that trick if ever have a stuck CD in my new car aha

kprocivic
07-25-2008, 10:43 AM
my buddy has one thats super gangster. this guy slides another cd on top of the stuck one and pushes eject and pulls on the cd at the same time and coaxes the stuck one out. cds dont last with his car.

vbpracer
07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Im sure it has a reset button, the radios new from honda are expensive, im sure it has a reset.

fatathaland
07-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I found this thread looking to see if someone else had this problem.

About a month ago I went to eject my CD and it refused to eject. It makes some noise and then eventually displays "ERR." After a while it will re-load the CD. It plays fine.

The cd has no paper label or anything, and I never had any prior hint of a problem.

Now I been listening to the same CD for way too long.:mmad:

I'm gonna go try this tape/knife method...

AliG-EP3
07-25-2008, 06:04 PM
I found this thread looking to see if someone else had this problem.

About a month ago I went to eject my CD and it refused to eject. It makes some noise and then eventually displays "ERR." After a while it will re-load the CD. It plays fine.

The cd has no paper label or anything, and I never had any prior hint of a problem.

Now I been listening to the same CD for way too long.:mmad:

I'm gonna go try this tape/knife method...
If you need a new one, let me know, cause my old stock one (that I used for 6 months before I got my first new headunit) as just been sitting in a box collecting dust. Good luck though, I hope this knife method works!

fatathaland
07-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Okay, the knife method didn't work. Actually it lightly damage the foam (?) that your CD slides thru on its way into the CD player.

BUT WHAT DID WORK is I took out the head unit and dismantled it. I took off the top cage part of the player part, lifted the CD mechanism inside and forced the CD to slide out. It was really easy actually.

The best part is that now my CD player perfectly ejects CD's. It's fixed...somehow!

At first I thought it was still broken because it refused to take the CD in after I took it out, but once I typed in the anti-theft code it worked.

I wanted to take photos but my sister has my camera.

Bottom line: it seems that it was a fluke that the CD got stuck that one time cuz now the same CD is inserting/ejecting fine.

saintluk2
07-25-2008, 08:01 PM
never had this problem with aftermarket cd players. :mwink:

pynikal
07-25-2008, 08:55 PM
never had this problem with aftermarket cd players. :mwink:

theft must not be a problem in the big NYC. i like to have a radio in my car. and OEM ones seem to stay put the longest. and id rather spend money on performance then a radio.

03ep3 stapel
07-26-2008, 01:47 PM
stock is good enough for me