PDA

View Full Version : should i get yellow lamin-x for my fogs?

RHCP0801
07-14-2008, 04:32 PM
i have a nhbp ep3, i just bought the hfp front lip and honda fogs today and i was wondering if i should make them yellow or keep them clear. If i were to want them yellow is it easier to just change the bulb out or just get the lamin-x overlay and where do they sell the lamin-x for ep3 fogs?. I have heard of that stuff melting and would rather not screw up my $280 fogs lol....if anyone has any pics of a nhbp ep3 with yellow or clear fogs with the hfp lip that would be great...thanks :mbiggrin:

MOOGEN
07-14-2008, 05:07 PM
don't buy that junk because it will mess up your fogs. Fogs get untochable hot so save yourself the hassel and buy the bulbs!

charles
07-14-2008, 05:21 PM
don't buy that junk because it will mess up your fogs. Fogs get untochable hot so save yourself the hassel and buy the bulbs!

yeah, the fogs will burn the laminx

RHCP0801
07-14-2008, 05:36 PM
alright thanks, thats what i thought

vicx52o
07-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Having Lamin-X has its advantages as well.
IT IS a protective film so it will prevent the fogs from getting cracked, chipped and most importantly it'll protect them from rock salt (idk where you live but in NJ rock salt sucks ass).

As for the yellow film... It WILL burn quicker than clear film only because yellow light is hotter than white light. I've rocked yellow Lamin-X on my eBay fogs for a very long time before I switched to ion fogs and the Lamin-X never "melted" onto my fogs... They would burn yes... They would leave a burn mark ON the Lamin-X... but it never "melted".

You can purchase Lamin-X directly from the manufacturer:
http://lamin-x.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=272&products_id=1092&osCsid=7472d610355ba5a94afd70a98549a5b8

It comes in sheets so you have to measure and cut it out.

My honest suggestion to you is to sell your fogs now and just buy a set of ion fogs. I have both and appearance wise... nothing (other than projector fogs) comes close to how sexy it looks on a NHBP EP. :msmooch:

Tortoise
07-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Having Lamin-X has its advantages as well.
IT IS a protective film so it will prevent the fogs from getting cracked, chipped and most importantly it'll protect them from rock salt (idk where you live but in NJ rock salt sucks ass).

As for the yellow film... It WILL burn quicker than clear film only because yellow light is hotter than white light. I've rocked yellow Lamin-X on my eBay fogs for a very long time before I switched to ion fogs and the Lamin-X never "melted" onto my fogs... They would burn yes... They would leave a burn mark ON the Lamin-X... but it never "melted".

You can purchase Lamin-X directly from the manufacturer:
http://lamin-x.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=272&products_id=1092&osCsid=7472d610355ba5a94afd70a98549a5b8

It comes in sheets so you have to measure and cut it out.

My honest suggestion to you is to sell your fogs now and just buy a set of ion fogs. I have both and appearance wise... nothing (other than projector fogs) comes close to how sexy it looks on a NHBP EP. :msmooch:

Post up pics of those..im deciding what fogs to go wit

v1c10us
07-16-2008, 03:12 PM
from my point of view, go with the bulbs.
You dont have ebay fogs with plastic lenses, you've got good ol fashion heat conducting glass that will easily melt the lamin-x.
a laminx filters more light out than a yellow bulb.
Go with a PIAA 55watt yellow bulb, its much brighter, and you can always put the clear bulbs back in, and since you have the OEM housings you're not gonna melt anything.

moonsi
07-16-2008, 03:27 PM
how about those yellow paint for foglights?

Ive painted couple of my friends fogs and they work great!

trogdor48430
07-16-2008, 03:55 PM

that sounds like a good idea to look into,

art2
07-17-2008, 12:59 AM
just keep it clear. don't understand why someone would want yellow fogs as they are so ugly. Oh yeah, it's jdm, that's why...

02ep3driver
07-18-2008, 06:46 PM
i recently painted my fogs with some paint that supposed to be for stained glass. it works great and it looks clean. all my friends that have done it liked the way their fogs turned out.

v1c10us
07-18-2008, 08:18 PM
just keep it clear. don't understand why someone would want yellow fogs as they are so ugly. Oh yeah, it's jdm, that's why...

because the longer wavelength of yellow light doesnt scatter through the atmosphere as quickly as white or blue light, thus it is less fatiguing on your eyes and it doesnt create reflections or nearly as much glare, you just get pure illumination. Or atleast thats why they put them on cars in other countries where it rains alot and every street isnt lit up with streetlights, such as the UK.
and thats why rally drivers use amber lights.
It just plain works better, blue light is retarded, and white light is boring.
Of course im not saying that alot of people dont do it cause its JDM.

RHCP0801
07-18-2008, 08:57 PM
i might just do yellow bulbs eventually but for now its staying oem

civictype_r04
07-19-2008, 08:16 AM

Yea my buddy did that on his dc2 and it looks good.

art2
07-20-2008, 12:27 PM
because the longer wavelength of yellow light doesnt scatter through the atmosphere as quickly as white or blue light, thus it is less fatiguing on your eyes and it doesnt create reflections or nearly as much glare, you just get pure illumination. Or atleast thats why they put them on cars in other countries where it rains alot and every street isnt lit up with streetlights, such as the UK.
and thats why rally drivers use amber lights.
It just plain works better, blue light is retarded, and white light is boring.
Of course im not saying that alot of people dont do it cause its JDM.
Your theory is true but i don't think painting the lense would do shit to improve the illumination(more like the opposite). Changing the bulbs is a different thing. it's ok if it's done to improve the illumination but for looks only it's retarted.

04cvcsi
07-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Your theory is true but i don't think painting the lense would do shit to improve the illumination(more like the opposite). Changing the bulbs is a different thing. it's ok if it's done to improve the illumination but for looks only it's retarted.
retarted

it sure is

vicx52o
07-21-2008, 09:56 AM
Post up pics of those..im deciding what fogs to go wit

I'll try and take pics of my fogs as soon as I can.
Ions FTW!

AliG-EP3
07-23-2008, 09:14 PM
yellow lights also pierce through fog better than white light, but yea, go with the PIAA 55 watt bulbs in yellow, it's a much safer plan

ALL MotoR Ep3
07-23-2008, 09:27 PM
no just buy jdm yellow fogs.....trust me they are well worth it