PDA

View Full Version : Got Tuned Today By Jeff Evans

mystery1
07-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Well today was my big day with Tuning Guru Jeff Evans. Great guy to deal with and really down to earth. Well besides all that crap here is what i put down

I only got her tuned because i was getting 200 miles to a tank of gas and with the price of gas these days it was getting out of control because i fill up 3 times a week at that rate!

I got a K24A1 in my ep with RBC with Karcept Adapter, Bored throttle body, DCRH, Skunk 2 70mm Exhaust, and took out the stage 1 cams and put stock cams back in. He was happy with the numbers i put down. It was 181hp and 156 torque. I was happy with those numbers but since i drove alot and was concerned about gas he did a lil more adjusting and lost a lil hp on me but i would be saving a lil more gas which was one reason i was there. So my numbers im sitting on now is 176hp and 153tq which still aint too bad. Now me and him are workin on something right now to get my torque up and hp with one simple install and gonna see if it works. Ill keep everyone posted on that.

By the way if anyone needs a KAL for a k24A1 with the mods i have i can give it to ya!

JaY

thisisagame24
07-14-2008, 05:52 PM
nice numbers jay

did you put the spray back on too???

mystery1
07-14-2008, 06:08 PM
nice numbers jay

did you put the spray back on too???

Never took the spray off just didnt use it because i need a new Fuel solenoid :mfrown: or unless i would of been around 230-240hp!!!

JaY

thisisagame24
07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
damn nurga you need to get on that seleoid....and i still havnt gotten a ride when you squeezed it homie

mystery1
07-14-2008, 06:15 PM
damn nurga you need to get on that seleoid....and i still havnt gotten a ride when you squeezed it homie

Ur missing out on the 75 shot man...its like pure sex....with a numb hand!

JaY

supercivician
07-14-2008, 06:19 PM
nice number! im going to evans tomorrow...cant wait to see what numbers ill be putting out.

thisisagame24
07-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Ur missing out on the 75 shot man...its like pure sex....with a numb hand!

JaY

well i better get a ride soon nurga

AUTiger
07-14-2008, 06:34 PM
what's the simple install? Supercharger?

EP3_U_SEE
07-14-2008, 11:44 PM
sounds interesting..... i'm going to look into this!

mystery1
07-15-2008, 01:57 AM
what's the simple install? Supercharger?

no not a super charger. Ill let everyone know once we find out if it does put more power down with that set up.

JaY

shadowmd
07-15-2008, 04:17 AM
not bad jay. :mcool:

trogdor48430
07-15-2008, 07:46 AM
not bad it sucks ya gotta loose power because of the stupid gas prices :frusty:

0h5ive_EP3
07-15-2008, 08:36 AM
not bad it sucks ya gotta loose power because of the stupid gas prices :frusty:
x2! sorry to hear man!

but very interested on what this item is :mtongue:

talonXracer
07-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Decent numbers Jay, Are you still useing the 70mm exhaust? A loop muffler will greatly increase your torque and MPG and not loose you anything up top.

BigLon30
07-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Good numbers Jay :thumb: Im assuming you took the stage 1 cams out because of the MPG issue :mfrown: but had you left them in do you think you would have hit the 200 whp mark ?

kon
07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
nice numbers, and I'm sure thats reliable power right there. I doubt that cams will get to 200whp but 190's aren't too much to ask for.

FoReVaPmP
07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
So my numbers im sitting on now is 176hp and 153tq which still aint too bad. Now me and him are workin on something right now to get my torque up and hp with one simple install and gonna see if it works. Ill keep everyone posted on that.

JaY

JDM Oil????..... Too Much V-Tack!!!

mustclime
07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I thought you were going to run some junk2....I mean skunk2 cams?.....

epslow
07-15-2008, 01:14 PM
so how many more miles are you getting to the tank now?

AUTiger
07-15-2008, 05:06 PM
so how many more miles are you getting to the tank now?

yeah that, and I hate when people have to be so secretive about there next mod:mcry:

mystery1
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
yeah that, and I hate when people have to be so secretive about there next mod:mcry:

Everything i do to my ep i keep a secret till its done....i go off and tell anyone ive done anything. Shyt i dont think anyone knows what i have to her in the past 2 weeks lol.

As for gas mileage....yesterday on the way home right when i got off my exit to get to my house the light came on which was perfect being i just came back from being tuned. So i Filled her up with 91 and hit trip button to reset it. Today i did 112 miles and it only dropped one mark. I was cruising at 70 most of the time. I love the power now its more smooth and she just wants to go at all times i love it so much. On the way home i got to mess with a S2000 which was pretty fun. First off i dont support street racing! But at the red light he decided to smoke them a lil on me and i smashed the pedal and FLEW past him. Next light he told me to do a fair run to the next light and me waiting to see what i can do and again i do not agree with street racing....i agreed. None the less i smoked the living fuk outta him which i was happy about but kinda upset because i want an S2K... Esp since i dont have any more car payments no more after last month....i paid in full and am done with the car payments on the EP!!!

JaY

FoReVaPmP
07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Everything i do to my ep i keep a secret till its done....i go off and tell anyone ive done anything. Shyt i dont think anyone knows what i have to her in the past 2 weeks lol.

As for gas mileage....yesterday on the way home right when i got off my exit to get to my house the light came on which was perfect being i just came back from being tuned. So i Filled her up with 91 and hit trip button to reset it. Today i did 112 miles and it only dropped one mark. I was cruising at 70 most of the time. I love the power now its more smooth and she just wants to go at all times i love it so much. On the way home i got to mess with a S2000 which was pretty fun. First off i dont support street racing! But at the red light he decided to smoke them a lil on me and i smashed the pedal and FLEW past him. Next light he told me to do a fair run to the next light and me waiting to see what i can do and again i do not agree with street racing....i agreed. None the less i smoked the living fuk outta him which i was happy about but kinda upset because i want an S2K... Esp since i dont have any more car payments no more after last month....i paid in full and am done with the car payments on the EP!!!

JaY

:rockon: I can't wait till I'm done with car payments..... (which is close to never :mfrown:)

epslow
07-16-2008, 12:00 AM
smashing an s2k while saving gas, sounds like the way to go!!!

illusionsoflife
07-16-2008, 02:17 AM
there is a turbo s2k in my area...over 400whp. not sure i can hang with him even with my kit at 15 psi

04EP3Hatch
07-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Did u happen to make it to the Evans Tuning meet a few weeks ago?

Well today was my big day with Tuning Guru Jeff Evans. Great guy to deal with and really down to earth. Well besides all that crap here is what i put down

I only got her tuned because i was getting 200 miles to a tank of gas and with the price of gas these days it was getting out of control because i fill up 3 times a week at that rate!

I got a K24A1 in my ep with RBC with Karcept Adapter, Bored throttle body, DCRH, Skunk 2 70mm Exhaust, and took out the stage 1 cams and put stock cams back in. He was happy with the numbers i put down. It was 181hp and 156 torque. I was happy with those numbers but since i drove alot and was concerned about gas he did a lil more adjusting and lost a lil hp on me but i would be saving a lil more gas which was one reason i was there. So my numbers im sitting on now is 176hp and 153tq which still aint too bad. Now me and him are workin on something right now to get my torque up and hp with one simple install and gonna see if it works. Ill keep everyone posted on that.

By the way if anyone needs a KAL for a k24A1 with the mods i have i can give it to ya!

JaY

kaisertj
07-16-2008, 11:51 AM

JaY

That with the spray or just motor?

humpmasterflex
07-16-2008, 12:01 PM

JaY

200 miles per tank... and those kind of numbers for 16 miles per gallon.... That's definitely not worth it. You get same if better gas mileage on a STANG... and way more horses. You might aswell put a v8 under the hood and you'll get about same mileage out of that!