PDA

View Full Version : Removing door dings

WhiteComet
07-17-2008, 04:57 PM
I got a couple door dings on my quarter panel that is bothering the hell out of me. Is there anything I can do or buy to push them out myself? I don't want to have to keep paying someone to do it.

IcyDeath
07-17-2008, 06:42 PM
There is a cheap and easy way, use dry ice, yep no joke... Here is a linky: http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-dents-quickly-and-cheaply

If you can not find dry ice... you can use the following simple tools...
1. Aluminum Foil
2. Lighter
3. Can of Compressed Air (turned and shot upside down)

It's the last video on the link I provided.

Gargola
07-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I have fender that is "beyond" repair, I might try this just on the fender to see if I consider it safe to try on other parts of the car.

I have plenty of dents on my car.

minivan_assassin
07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Take pics! Interested to actually see how well it works. I have a shallow ding I need to get rid of.

Unknownally
07-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Oh man I need to try the dry ice one.

Someone dented my car when I parked it outside. I think some thug-wannabe punched it. I live in a neighborhood where no one likes me lol.

Unknownally
07-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Well I tried the dry ice technique (#1) and the lighter/compressed air (#3), didn't work for me. I was there in my hot garage for two hours.

The dent went from small and deep, to smooth and big.

Any suggestions, peeps?

Gargola
07-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Well I tried the dry ice technique (#1) and the lighter/compressed air (#3), didn't work for me. I was there in my hot garage for two hours.

Any suggestions, peeps?

It actually got worse? Pictures?

Unknownally
07-18-2008, 09:45 PM
No before picture but I could take an after picture...???

I tried it on two different cars. I don't know how they did it. I tried two different techniques. The one from the post and another one from metacafe.

Waste of $9. I got 8 lbs about. Minimum order.

Gargola
07-18-2008, 09:46 PM
No before picture but I could take an after picture...???

I tried it on two different cars. I don't know how they did it. I tried two different techniques. The one from the post and another one from metacafe.

If it came out worse.. I don't think I am willing to make my car look more banged up than it already is... I would be interested in the after pic just to see what type of dent you tried it on.

Unknownally
07-18-2008, 10:11 PM
I'll get it up tomorrow.

I don't know if it got worse, but it got more "flat" instead of deep/pointy. Yet, the diameter is larger by a bit, now.

!@#$%
07-18-2008, 10:16 PM
It's much better to take it to a shop and have them professionally do it.

ep_hatcher_510
07-19-2008, 01:46 AM

Any suggestions, peeps?

lol so basically you were back to where you started.

2005rollingegg
07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Get the DING KING JK. I think Wizdumb recommends a mobile guy that works for extremely cheap. There was a thread on it with before and after pics, before the format change.

AliG-EP3
07-25-2008, 05:55 PM
I got a couple door dings on my quarter panel that is bothering the hell out of me. Is there anything I can do or buy to push them out myself? I don't want to have to keep paying someone to do it.

Join the club, I think everyone has at least one stupid dent due to countless hatahs that patrol the US. It's part of owning such awesome vehicles :mcry:

headaike
07-26-2008, 03:11 PM
i think those videos are bogus, they should show the whole car....what if they just pop it from the other side of the dent

ep3drc
08-08-2008, 02:00 AM
i baught my car with a shit load of dints , my father is a body man but he says to get the small dints out u need to drill holes and pull them out then bondo and i aint gonna do that then i gotta paint car all over , i had a 9 inch diameter dent in my fender he popped it write out wit some sort of suction cup no sign of it at al but i have about 5 pretty ad dents :(