PDA

View Full Version : Yet another midpipe question

SubliminalSi
11-21-2002, 08:11 PM
Iknow that this is getting tiresome but oh well. I know that mandrel bent is better but why?? I want to get one but i have to order from some where with a credit card and i dont got one so i was thinking of just going with crush bent. Oh, and what is the stock pipe made out of?? Thanx:o

CleanBlackSi02
11-21-2002, 08:19 PM
Mandrel bent is better because it keeps the size of the piping even on the inside, instead f having "kinks"... therefore increasing flow. I have a 2.25" mandrel bent midpipe with resonator that I had made a few weeks ago that I do not want anymore if you're interested. I'm waiting for JRSC to come out to determine the proper (larger) sizing. PM me if you're interested. ;)

ssvr6
11-21-2002, 09:18 PM
This is from the shop that did Mike's work.

http://www.certifiedmuffler.com/images/bend2.gif

Steve

JSIR
11-21-2002, 10:33 PM
mandrel bent piping is very nice if you can find it, but don't drive yourself crazy if you can't find it.

The custom mid-pipe setups I recommend all the time are meant to be used with the stock muffler. The stock muffler has a 2 inch pipe attached to it, thus 2 inches is the smallest point in the exhaust (not counting the tiny stock midpipe which we are ditching). You can use a 2.25" crush bent midpipe, which necks down to 2 inches in the bends/curves for the most part. Thus the smallest part of the crush bent midpipe is still the same size as the muffler piping, which = not a problem. If you intend on using an aftermarket muffler with larger piping then you should look for alternate mid-pipes that fit the system you want.

Seeing as Cleanblacksi02 has one for sale that may be a good route to take, just slap it on and drive.

PogoFX
11-22-2002, 08:48 AM
CleanBlackSi02

I'd like to buy your midpipe. I PM'd you.