PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP PLEASE WITH MY K24a2????????

koftaboy
07-19-2008, 06:17 AM
guys i finely mad up my mind and am geting the K24a2 long block so my questions are 1.Can i use my a3 tranny on it or do i need a K20a2 tranny? 2. Do i need an RBC? 3.do i need a throttle body? and if i do from what modle? 4.do i need mounts? and if i do what kind? 5. witch ecu can i use? and do i need Kpro? 6.if i wanted to get some bolt ons do i order for an a3 or for the 24a2????? 7. do i need a smaller intake manifold and if i do from what modle please please please guys include anything i need or anything that i might be missing thankx:mwink:

Lucid Moments
07-19-2008, 07:14 AM
guys i finely mad up my mind and am geting the K24a2 long block so my questions are 1.Can i use my a3 tranny on it or do i need a K20a2 tranny? 2. Do i need an RBC? 3.do i need a throttle body? and if i do from what modle? 4.do i need mounts? and if i do what kind? 5. witch ecu can i use? and do i need Kpro? 6.if i wanted to get some bolt ons do i order for an a3 or for the 24a2????? 7. do i need a smaller intake manifold and if i do from what modle please please please guys include anything i need or anything that i might be missing thankx:mwink:

I'll take this one piece at a time.

1. You can use your A3 tranny just fine and in my opinion it works very well with the additional torque from the 2.4L. Other people have different opinions though.

2. You do not need an RBC manifold, but it might be useful. I can't remember if the RBC has the coolant port to match up to the coolant port on the TSX head, but if it does that makes it additionally useful. The stock intake manifold will work just fine though you will need some sort of solution to the coolant port. Easiest and best is the Hasport adapter plate.

3. Use your stock throttle body. Maybe send it off to Maxbore (http://www.maxbore.com/) but thats about it.

4. Mounts. With the exception of the passenger side motor mount bracket you can use your stock mounts or stock replacements like the Hasport rear mount or any other brand you choose. For the passenger side use 2002+ CRV motor mount bracket Honda Part # 11910-PPA-000.

5. You need K-pro. It is a must have for this swap. No stock ECU that I am aware of will be sufficient.

6. For bolt ons in most cases you will use the bolt ons for the EP3. One glaring exception to this is the header. With the header you have to worry about clearing the sway bar. Most shorty headers will work just fine, but many of the race headers have issues. I'm running a custom set up and don't remember which works and which doesn't.

7. See number 2.

oldschoolimport
07-19-2008, 08:15 AM
6. For bolt ons in most cases you will use the bolt ons for the EP3. One glaring exception to this is the header. With the header you have to worry about clearing the sway bar. Most shorty headers will work just fine, but many of the race headers have issues. I'm running a custom set up and don't remember which works and which doesn't.

do all jackson headers work, or just the one I got from you, since it had been massaged? :mangel:

Lucid Moments
07-19-2008, 09:12 AM
do all jackson headers work, or just the one I got from you, since it had been massaged? :mangel:

Just the one you got from me. It would be easy to make any of them work if you can cut and weld a little bit, but as is I don't believe they will.

Slip_Angle
07-20-2008, 04:58 PM
Use the TSX manifold, not the RBC. The K24 doesn't rev enough to make use of the RBC and you will lose torque. The TSX manifold also has the water port built in, you will just need the karcepts adapter.

talonXracer
07-20-2008, 05:17 PM
With a decent header, the K24A2 utilizes the PRB (stock Si) mani very well, in fact it makes more power than the highly touted stock TSX mani does, but will require a coolant port fix or the Hasport adaptor.
Nothing will work without some form of mod or additional adaptors.

You will need Kpro as well.

Slip_Angle
07-20-2008, 06:07 PM
With a decent header, the K24A2 utilizes the PRB (stock Si) mani very well, in fact it makes more power than the highly touted stock TSX mani does

I experienced the exact opposite... I had the PRB on my K24a2 and replaced it with the RBB and there was a big jump in low-mid range torque and hp was the same to the top end.

Gilmour
07-21-2008, 07:18 AM
I experienced the exact opposite... I had the PRB on my K24a2 and replaced it with the RBB and there was a big jump in low-mid range torque and hp was the same to the top end.

Agreed. The RBB Manifold tends to be lost and forgotten for some reason. When in fact it will give you the power when and where you'd want it. Karcept kit is also needed like RBC manifold.

Slip_Angle
07-21-2008, 03:02 PM
I would be curious to see what an RBB does for a k20a3. Considering the k20a3 (like most engines) benefits from a longer tube CAI, I would bet it'll pick up a fair bid of low-mid range as well.

I dare someone to try it!

koftaboy
07-23-2008, 10:55 AM
where can i pik up a good K20a2 tranny from? a junk yard? or what? plus i have another question some people say i shouldn't rev the K24a2 no more then 7500 is that true? if no or yes is there anyways i can make it rev higher but safe like maybe 9500????

Lucid Moments
07-23-2008, 11:02 AM
9500 no, but if you upgrade the valvetrain you can safely rev it up to 8k or a little more. Of course being able to rev it that high doesn't mean it will make power that high. You would have to have a fair number of additional mods to do that. Cams, header etc...

davisj3537
07-23-2008, 11:34 AM
:gary: