PDA

View Full Version : coilover help PLEASE!

1stcivicsipilot
07-19-2008, 01:00 PM
So a buddy hooked me up with a set of progressive coilovers, My wife however, will not allow me to modify the car untill the warrenty is up. (got like 60,000 miles till that happens). What I am wondering is how hard is it to adjust these things? and will it hurt them to adjust them twice a week or so? My plan,depending on what you all have to say, is to put them on, keep it at stock hight through the week, untill friday nights, then slam it. Then put it back to stock hight before she gets out of work. would this be ok or is it kind of a stupid idea? I hate having the tallest car at meets, but I dont wanna get caught "voiding the warrenty." also, ya think with them at stock hight she'd know the difference in ride quality?

Btrthnezr3
07-19-2008, 01:13 PM
You need to have your wife read up on the
MAGUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Basically, a dealer cannot void your warranty unless the particular part you installed or modified is what caused the malfunction--and even then, it will only void the warranty on that part or related parts.

Hence, if you installed coilovers and the engine fails due to a faulty piston ring or something, Honda will still have to cover the engine. Now if you installed coilovers and you hit a bump and broke your oil pan or broke some related suspension part, then yea, obviously that wouldn't be covered.

yeah, what he said about the warranty thing^^

swapping from stock to any coilover, regardless of height, will have a noticeable difference in ride quality. most people set the height once and never touch it again. it's not hard to adjust, but it's not something i'd want to do every weekend.

and, are you really a pilot?

liquid cooled
07-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Hell no you shouldnt be messing with it all the time, its designed to be set and left at your desired height. Also your just going to piss off your wife by pulling this crap, and trying to hide it from her.

1stcivicsipilot
07-19-2008, 01:33 PM
are you really a pilot?[/QUOTE]

I got my private liscence when I was 18. I havent flown in well over 10 years tho and it has since expired...so I guess not. But Ive used that screen name forever.

"Also your just going to piss off your wife by pulling this crap, and trying to hide it from her."

Yeah I figure that! lol But whats worse? A pissed off wife or a 4x4 lookin ep?

Thanks for the input guys...So I should just try more convincing or start driving the hell out of it to rack up the 60k huh?

shelbz
07-19-2008, 01:34 PM
why not just put the coilovers on and lower it a little more each week.. she probably won't notice if it's really gradual.. unless she's keen on shit like that.

cow
07-19-2008, 01:36 PM
adjusted ride = new alignment

Btrthnezr3
07-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Provide her with information about the ignorance of her belief that you will void the warranty. Then you won't be going behind her back and it will open up more opportunities for other mods.

v1c10us
07-19-2008, 03:29 PM
just do it, tell her its not voiding the warranty.

ep_hatcher_510
07-19-2008, 03:41 PM
yes just do it, it wont void anything, except for stuff related to the coil overs, but just keep your factory ones and if anything does go wrong in the future that's related just swap it back and take it in.

1stcivicsipilot
07-19-2008, 09:27 PM
why not just put the coilovers on and lower it a little more each week.. she probably won't notice if it's really gradual.. unless she's keen on shit like that.

Thats the best idea right there! I was thinking about that tonight at work. I could lower it like an inch a week and I really doubt she'd notice untill it was tucked. Then I could just be like "shit! thats been that way for months!"lol
I think thats the winner. I will look more into that MAGUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT thing tho and print out what I can find and have it as backup when the arguement happens. Thanks Alot Guys!!

Drew1d
07-19-2008, 10:10 PM

That's devious.

v1c10us
07-20-2008, 01:17 AM
or, you could give me your progress coilovers(im assuming thats what you meant by progressive) and I could give you my progress springs and a carbon fiber hood and 100 bucks and everything would be honki dori