PDA

View Full Version : cluster question... yay or nay?

PaTTi2103a
07-19-2008, 10:53 PM
i was cleaning the interior of my car today and for some reason the half of the backlight on my cluster died out. should i just replace them w/ same color or should i go different. i was thinking white just cuz my cuzin drives a is350 and im really feelin his nice white backlight cluster or should i mix it up w/ some blue and red. yay or nay? and are the bulbs all the same on the back of the cluster?

v1c10us
07-20-2008, 12:33 AM
white or OEM.
Most cars do not use white or blue becaue its more fatigueing on your eyes. Theres a reason map makers and astronomers do everything in a room with a red light.
Red would be fine, but i've done long road trips at night in cars with blue clusters and your eyes get almost sore very quickly, shit gets blurry and your eyes feel tired.

dobbs02si
07-20-2008, 03:43 PM
white or OEM.
Most cars do not use white or blue becaue its more fatigueing on your eyes. Theres a reason map makers and astronomers do everything in a room with a red light.
Red would be fine, but i've done long road trips at night in cars with blue clusters and your eyes get almost sore very quickly, shit gets blurry and your eyes feel tired.

Yeah but audi TT gauges are so damn sexy!

illusionsoflife
07-20-2008, 05:30 PM
i was cleaning the interior of my car today and for some reason the half of the backlight on my cluster died out. should i just replace them w/ same color or should i go different. i was thinking white just cuz my cuzin drives a is350 and im really feelin his nice white backlight cluster or should i mix it up w/ some blue and red. yay or nay? and are the bulbs all the same on the back of the cluster?

i think your problem is bigger than you think. i had this problem happen march of last year. problem was never solved. i went to the dealer they said there is a bad ground somewhere and wanted 200 dollars to tell me where. i said screw it. i got used to it. i use my sell phone for light at night if i cant tell how much gas i have

dashehonda
07-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Well the gauge faces are colored that way, not the bulbs, so if you put blue bulbs in then it will show blue through the amber color of the back of the face which will turn brown. You would need to modify the back of the face by removing the coloring with acetone. I did this on my 96 mazda cause i hated the green and went blue. I quickly switched to amber caue the blue was very difficult on the eyes.