PDA

View Full Version : me EP.....no!!!

Chrisbgft
11-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Well, i just got back from a gym with my girlfriend and the worst thing happened. As i was walkin out some kid who was parked next to me hit my car! See, i was on the right he was parked to the left of me. He cut his wheel to the left to turn around and back out. Well, he cut the wheel too soon and scraped my door, all my fender, some rim, and bumper. Not too mention my whole I-VTEC scuffed. I am so pissed. My boss used to work at a body shop told me its around $1500 damage. I got a police report and his insurance told me that i can bring it to the bodyshop in about 3 weeks. .....ugh!

02blksi
11-21-2002, 09:34 PM
3 weeks WTF are they smoking crack!!! If that was my car id take the day off from work tomorrow GO TO THE SHOP OF YOUR CHOICE, and tell them to work on it ASAP, most reputable body shops are "appraisers" anyways (certified with the insurance companies) so thy will take car of the red tape/paper trail that most insurance companies try to put you through. good luck, sorry about the car --Joe :)

Chrisbgft
11-21-2002, 09:49 PM
well, i got the estimate done it came to be around $1600. The shittiest thing is that they have naitonwide mutual insurance. I called them and they told me that I HAVE to go to a shop of their choice or nothing else. Its such BS. The shop they want me to go to is supposedly pretty good, but i still wanted to go to The Hot Rod Haus which does awesome work. They do all the custom paint jobs tha come by my work and they turn out great. No dirt nibs or fisheyes, usually very good. Also shrinkage never occurs hardly in their paint, which is very good.

Type X
11-21-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Chrisbgft
well, i got the estimate done it came to be around $1600. The shittiest thing is that they have naitonwide mutual insurance. I called them and they told me that I HAVE to go to a shop of their choice or nothing else. Its such BS. The shop they want me to go to is supposedly pretty good, but i still wanted to go to The Hot Rod Haus which does awesome work. They do all the custom paint jobs tha come by my work and they turn out great. No dirt nibs or fisheyes, usually very good. Also shrinkage never occurs hardly in their paint, which is very good.

dude take the car to HONDA

the dealer is ALWAYS a legit adjuster for ANY insurance company

AND u will get an INSANELY HIGH QUOTE
than u have them cut u the check and go to joe schmoo auto :confused:

IceD out N CALI
11-21-2002, 09:55 PM
that sucks

Chrisbgft
11-21-2002, 09:57 PM
how do i get them to cut me the check? I didnt think that was possible..

MadBeatChemist
11-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Hey man thats what you get for having those Red Glow Neons.

I was just kidding, I'm truly sorry to hear about that. But I would think that you could go to some other body shop and have it fixed. Just because that kid has some crappy insurance, shouldn't mean that you have to have shitty work done to your car. I say take it to where you want to get it fixed and talk with them about it.

Glix2
11-21-2002, 11:39 PM
You tell them your not going to fix the car and then they pay you the damages. Insurance companies will scam the shit out of you man. You should NEVER talk to the other guys insurance company.

Call your insurance company and let them do the dirty work for you. It's what you pay them for.

EP33
11-22-2002, 12:05 AM
That is %!cked up!! No driving as SOB. Was he driving a truck? Or a f*&^ing SUV? You should have taken his license and made him eat it.:confused:

Nothing like some dumb ass ruining your s*it.

I agree make his insurance cut you a check. Some insurance companies will tell you anything.

At least the _ick had insurance.

I had some dumb ass pass me doing about 80 MPH on the FWY in his lifted Ford Ranger. The piece of SHIT driveshaft broke, and this dick starts plowing the pavement in front of me. Got all kinds of chips on my bumper, hood, & windshield. He lives local so I will see him again. . . . .

Good Luck again.

golferjn
11-22-2002, 12:31 AM
sorry about what happened. hope everything works out with the insurance.

ssvr6
11-22-2002, 04:46 AM
That's a good idea, call your insurance company and give them this numbnuts info.

They'll do the legwork for you and get a check out to you. (At the idiots expense.)

Steve

alex_mathews
11-22-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
That's a good idea, call your insurance company and give them this numbnuts info.

They'll do the legwork for you and get a check out to you. (At the idiots expense.)

Steve

I definitely agree with doing this if the other persons insurance is uncooperative or just plain slow. You'll most likely have to pay your deductible, but you'll get it back when your insurance company gets the money from the other one. Good luck!

kenis138
11-22-2002, 07:13 AM
I dunno insurance laws where you live, but in RI an insurer CANNOT force you to have your car fixed at one of their shops and they CANNOT deny your cost for a rental car should you choose to go somewhere other than where they specify. I worked in car rental for a while and you would be amazed at how many people were told by insurance companies that they had to go to a certain shop and rent from a certain company. Its all BS, insurance companies are the root of all evil! Next time an insurance man winks at you, take a good look into his eyes and Im sure you'll see some pale reflection of hellfire and the laughter of satan echoing off somewhere in the background.

(I can say this, I used to be in insurance too. But now Im free!!)