PDA

View Full Version : Which endlinks..Corsport, Hotchkiss, Stock??

leadfootedfool
07-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Alright, just got done cutting off the stock ones, and have pretty much decided on the Hotchkiss endlinks. I've seen some rusted pics of them also, but at least I don't have to deal with a rusted hex bolt.

So which ones did you get?

For stock ones the RSX and SI stock links seem to have different part numbers, will the RSX ones work without clearance issues??

Anybody have any experience with year or 2 old corsport links??

Btw, will be using an 05 Type S rear bar.

Thanks

player757
07-20-2008, 07:44 PM
honestly i have stock si ones with a 22mm ctr bar and its never give me trouble and i beat my car. but if i hand the money id say the hotchkiss

Windchaser
07-20-2008, 08:59 PM
I had Grey's and Hotchkis for awhile. I never had a problem, but they were overpriced back the days. Corsports will get the job done @ an affordable price.

ep_hatcher_510
07-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Corsport, they are pretty beefy and you can't beat 55 dollars.

creamSODA
07-20-2008, 10:36 PM
corsport FTMFW

v1c10us
07-21-2008, 12:11 AM
im rockin corsport and i love them.
adjustable ftw.

Twisted-X
07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
I have Corsports and they are nothing but noisy :mfrown: The fronts are adjusted to the correct height and I tightened them while the car was on the ground and I still get noise.

Now (if I'm not thread jacking) I have a question. I didn't adjust the rears to the same height as the stock ones. Does this effect handling? I just did a 2 day stint at the track with the Progress rear sway and had a fair amount of understeer. While I realize this comes with FWD, isn't the rear bar supposed to lessen this?

Also I read a thread on an RX8 forum where they stated that the endlinks should be at the same vertical angle as the shocks. Any thoughts?

TIA

taikahn
07-21-2008, 03:25 PM
I have Corsports and they are nothing but noisy :mfrown: The fronts are adjusted to the correct height and I tightened them while the car was on the ground and I still get noise.

Now (if I'm not thread jacking) I have a question. I didn't adjust the rears to the same height as the stock ones. Does this effect handling? I just did a 2 day stint at the track with the Progress rear sway and had a fair amount of understeer. While I realize this comes with FWD, isn't the rear bar supposed to lessen this?

Also I read a thread on an RX8 forum where they stated that the endlinks should be at the same vertical angle as the shocks. Any thoughts?

TIA

Might be a bad joint -- let us know, get under there and pull on it, if it moves (excessively) inside the ball joint its bad.

Tai

taikahn
07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
im rockin corsport and i love them.
adjustable ftw.

corsport FTMFW

Corsport, they are pretty beefy and you can't beat 55 dollars.

I had Grey's and Hotchkis for awhile. I never had a problem, but they were overpriced back the days. Corsports will get the job done @ an affordable price.

Thanks y'all.

Tai
CorSport

Twisted-X
07-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Might be a bad joint -- let us know, get under there and pull on it, if it moves (excessively) inside the ball joint its bad.

Tai

I've checked the torque on all the end links, and all of them are tight. All four make an audible metal thunk noise when I pull out on the body of the link. This noise is multiplied when the suspension is under load, like when the car hits an uneven bump, or any fairly hard bump. I've noticed that the bronze colored side seems to be making most of the noise. Note that its done this from the time I installed them, its not due to abuse or track time.

http://www.picturehosting.com/images/jimmyspiffy/endlinksstreeta1.jpg

SiRCivic03
07-27-2008, 09:48 PM
I've checked the torque on all the end links, and all of them are tight. All four make an audible metal thunk noise when I pull out on the body of the link. This noise is multiplied when the suspension is under load, like when the car hits an uneven bump, or any fairly hard bump. I've noticed that the bronze colored side seems to be making most of the noise. Note that its done this from the time I installed them, its not due to abuse or track time.

http://www.picturehosting.com/images/jimmyspiffy/endlinksstreeta1.jpg

Yea I am having the exact same problem that you are having with my Corsport V2s. I bought my Corsport endlinks in march and now they are extreamly noisey. I went to go see where the noise was and it was exactly how you described. All the play in the endlink. Anytime there is an uneven road, not bumpy, just uneven the endlinks rattle and thump like crazy.

-Tai, do you have a remedy for this or are the endlinks just shot

v1c10us
07-27-2008, 10:11 PM
are you guys keeping them that short?
I extended mine to stock length and theres no noise at all.

CorSport
07-28-2008, 06:35 AM
are you guys keeping them that short?
I extended mine to stock length and theres no noise at all.

This is an excellent point, this is truly why the joints start failing, too short and they pull out.

Anyway, PM me guys, lets work something out.

Tai

ep_hatcher_510
07-28-2008, 10:50 AM
I finally ordered a set of Corsport V2s early this morning, can't wait to receive them.:mbiggrin:

Akeeg4
07-28-2008, 10:57 AM
i just ordered a rear sway bar from a type s, and it comes with bushing and everything, just no endlinks, do i NEED them, or should i just get them anyways?

v1c10us
07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Like he said, I would twist them to the stock length and tighten the bolt down so that all of the angles and lengths are the same, I personally couldnt even get them installed when they were fully shortened, but i suppose if you had the car off the ground you might be able to do this; but I've always heard you should do them on ramps or something like that.

BobSassafrass
07-28-2008, 12:53 PM
i just ordered a rear sway bar from a type s, and it comes with bushing and everything, just no endlinks, do i NEED them, or should i just get them anyways?

Odds are your stock endlinks are rusted to the point where it's near impossible to get them off. But if you can get them off without breaking them go for it. Autozone endlinks are $40 a pair and help up pretty well for me.

On a side note I used the DIY from honda tech to make my own and they have never had any problems with noise or ride. And only cost me about $60 for a pair.

Twisted-X
07-28-2008, 02:50 PM
I held the stock front end links next to a set of the V2s and with the V2s set at their lowest point they are the same exact length. 2.25 inches. The stock rears are 2.75 inches stud to stud, which the V2s can't even extend to. My point being here that the end links have been properly adjusted and installed while the vehicle was on the ground, and are still noisy. They have made noise from the second I pulled out of the driveway after installing them.

As you may or may not be able to see here, there just isn't enough thread left to extend them to "stock" length:
http://www.picturehosting.com/images/jimmyspiffy/v2vsstock2.jpg
http://www.picturehosting.com/images/jimmyspiffy/v2vsstock1.jpg

The socket in the gold part is what is making all the noise, it moves a couple of millimeters when pulled on with just my fingers.

taikahn
07-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Twisted X

We have replaced about a dozen sets total (out of at least 300+ sold), send me a PM we can replace yours no problem, no fee, sorry for the troubles. Lots of people have no problems with them, I do agree though, the joints have failed, send 'em back and we can replace them. Reference this thread.

Thanks
Tai
CorSport

T_Virus
07-28-2008, 07:20 PM
oh man...now that is awesome customer service...

dmon
07-29-2008, 04:39 AM

i got the 05-06 rsx-s sway with stock endlinks. works fine with the stock ones