PDA

View Full Version : question about d-specs

04EP3Hatch
07-20-2008, 07:01 PM
I just adjusted my front struts a little, and i noticed the one side is super easy to turn with the adjuster knob, like, i can get a full turn if i flick spin it. Anyone else notice this?

illusionsoflife
07-20-2008, 07:25 PM
when i had them they werent like that....

player757
07-20-2008, 07:42 PM
no mine neither. you might have spun the adjuster thing all the way out see if you can screw it back in. or call tokico supposedly they have really good customer service

04EP3Hatch
07-20-2008, 08:09 PM
weird, i drove it around, now the adjuster knob is tight when u spin it. And, i just realized all this as i just finished driving to tune the suspension, when i have the d-specs set on 5 away from full stiff, it makes soo much more noise, i get a knock or a hard squeek out of the right rear and the nose feels and sounds more loose over harder bumps. WTF?!?! When i have it set on full stiff its perfectly fine! i am also lowered on H&R's so i dunno if 2" or w/e they are is a little pushin it for the soft side?

illusionsoflife
07-22-2008, 01:58 AM
weird, i drove it around, now the adjuster knob is tight when u spin it. And, i just realized all this as i just finished driving to tune the suspension, when i have the d-specs set on 5 away from full stiff, it makes soo much more noise, i get a knock or a hard squeek out of the right rear and the nose feels and sounds more loose over harder bumps. WTF?!?! When i have it set on full stiff its perfectly fine! i am also lowered on H&R's so i dunno if 2" or w/e they are is a little pushin it for the soft side?

i had skunk2 springs when i had d specs. i was pretty damn low. but the ride was great.

bmyers4321
07-22-2008, 07:03 AM
i have the same setup as you and i used to have my fronts 5 from full stiff and never had any problems.

mustclime
07-22-2008, 08:43 AM
my passenger side did that when the top bushing died......Now I run koni's:mangel:

shadowmd
07-22-2008, 09:36 AM
does anyone know if the d-specs come with a lifetime warranty??? im pretty sure the koni's do. im just curious. i love my d-specs btw :mcool:

bmyers4321
07-22-2008, 11:55 AM
TOKICO offers a limited lifetime warranty for all of our performance shocks purchased for street use. Products used or designed for competition are not covered under warranty.

got it off http://www.hitachi-hap-la.com/tokicogasshocks/faq/

shadowmd
07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
thank you sir :mcool:

shadowmd
07-22-2008, 08:25 PM
quick question and i think i already know the answer.....won't having the shocks set to full stiff wear them out quicker??? i have them at that atm, been like that for a few days, and love it lol....i just don't wanna kill'em.....any help would be appreciated!

ep_hatcher_510
07-22-2008, 08:28 PM
quick question and i think i already know the answer.....won't having the shocks set to full stiff wear them out quicker??? i have them at that atm, been like that for a few days, and love it lol....i just don't wanna kill'em.....any help would be appreciated!

i hear a lot of people say setting adjustables to full soft/stiff is not good for it.

!@#$%
07-22-2008, 10:06 PM

I've kept mine on full stiff almost the whole time. They have lasted a while for me. They still aren't quite dead yet.

bmyers4321
07-23-2008, 02:32 PM
havent had a problem with mine and they have been pretty much the same for a little over a year now.

shadowmd
07-23-2008, 02:42 PM
havent had a problem with mine and they have been pretty much the same for a little over a year now.

what are urs set at?? full stiff?

bmyers4321
07-23-2008, 06:25 PM
rears are at full stiff and fronts are 3 turns from.