PDA

View Full Version : Camber Kit needed?

goy091
11-21-2002, 11:00 PM
hey guys im looking into lowering my car and ive been looking at 2 different sets of springs. the Eibach Pro-Kit and the Sportline. do you think ill need to use a camber kit with either of these setups?

TIA

IceD out N CALI
11-21-2002, 11:13 PM
first welcome to the site.Second you dont have to get the camber kit but if you dont over time your tires will wear out irregularly most likely. As i posted in your other thread alignment is also technically needed. But if you dont do it you'll be ok (for a while) but you'll pay by going to the tire shop more often:)

goy091
11-21-2002, 11:33 PM
yea thats what i was thinking. i didnt have a camber kit on my GSR but the tire wear was OK. if i opt for the camber kit where can i find it? all the usual places i get parts from dont seem to have anything.

ColinCivicSiR
11-21-2002, 11:50 PM
For the front bolts on the struts, honda actually sell crash bolts to adjust the camber. They are listen in the shop manual under camber adjustment.

For the rear you will need a kit from the aftermarket though.

Moose
11-22-2002, 01:41 AM
In case you need the front bolts to adjust the camber, I'll give them up for half the price of what they cost... $23 takes it (I'll pay shipping)

sicivic2002
11-22-2002, 02:07 AM
I have the sportline kit and the camber didn't need to be adjusted. You will need to get the back ones done though.

goy091
11-22-2002, 09:06 AM
does the kit that tornactive sells (SPC) include the front and rear camber kits?

with the sportline springs how much camber did you have on the rear?

thanks for the advice guys keep it comming