PDA

View Full Version : CTR kit paint job

bchaney
07-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Just wondering what some of you paid to get your CTR kit (front, sides, rear) painted.

I'm debating between the CTR rep versus HFP kit and am trying to compare total costs. I didn't plan on getting a body kit for a couple months but it seems the HFP kits won't be around much longer.

Fitment issues, cost, and looks are all factors in my decision. Any input is appreciated. Quoted 1250 shipped for HFP.

EPJuicebox
07-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Are you talking about the replica CTR kit or the real one?

Anyways I hear people have fitment issues with the replica side skirts. As for the price to paint it I'm going to call my uncle to see how much body shops charge to paint lip kits.

I want the HFP kit so bad but it is so damn $$$$$$$$. :mfrown:

bchaney
07-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Please share what your uncle says.

I'm talking about the replica kit. I've heard about the sideskirt fitment problems and that's why I think it might be worth the $ to avoid the hassle. I'd just like to get a price difference to see how much extra $ I'd have to spend for easier install.

HFP is polyurethane right?

EPJuicebox
07-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Please share what your uncle says.

I'm talking about the replica kit. I've heard about the sideskirt fitment problems and that's why I think it might be worth the $ to avoid the hassle. I'd just like to get a price difference to see how much extra $ I'd have to spend for easier install.

HFP is polyurethane right?

Yup thats why i want it. Fiberglass lips FTL.

**EDIT: I spoke to my uncle and he said that it probably be like starting at $700 for the kit and that is if the fiberglass doesn't need any work, and like $180 for the wing.

T_Virus
07-22-2008, 12:34 PM
i'd say first start checking the prices to paint which ever kit in your local area first...Prices are different in other states...

bchaney
07-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I just wanted a ballpark for comparison purposes.

If 700 is about right it both kits are similarly priced. I'll prob go for the HFP very soon.

frm_808
07-22-2008, 01:09 PM
i'd say first start checking the prices to paint which ever kit in your local area first...Prices are different in other states...

also prices vary from shop to shop too. go to other shops and ask to see wat they have painted to get a general idea of how good there painting comes out.

im gonna get the full jdm bumper set down the line. looks better man IMO

bchaney
07-22-2008, 01:40 PM
I agree but it's at least 2x the price. I'd rather get a swap.

EPJuicebox
07-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the quote included them installed but those are just his prices but like everyone said above prices vary from state to state and shop to shop.

I would check locally but I still say HFP ftw! It's urethane, comes painted, and needs 0 modification to install.

Civicsiguy
07-22-2008, 06:25 PM
i paid for my paint job for my ctr kit for 250$, i know a friend..