PDA

View Full Version : Not suspension savvy, HELP

AUTiger
07-22-2008, 09:23 AM
So I noticed last night that when I was I was driving there was sometimes this constant squealing noise coming from the front suspension and sometimes it would go away but when I would accelerate it would come back with a vengeance until the engine sound would drown it out. Rarely, but sometimes the same sound would happen when I would brake. Obviously something is starting to go, but I wouldn't know where to start looking. Any ideas?

Just went for a drive, the sound would also happen when i would turn or jerk the steering wheel to the right.

Drew1d
07-23-2008, 08:23 AM
So I noticed last night that when I was I was driving there was sometimes this constant squealing noise coming from the front suspension and sometimes it would go away but when I would accelerate it would come back with a vengeance until the engine sound would drown it out. Rarely, but sometimes the same sound would happen when I would brake. Obviously something is starting to go, but I wouldn't know where to start looking. Any ideas?

Just went for a drive, the sound would also happen when i would turn or jerk the steering wheel to the right.

Dude, it could be a lot of things. Does it make noise when you turn the wheel at a stop? Probably not, I would pull the wheel and look for tears in boots, check brakes (probably not brakes though) check for play in the wheel bearing. Is it always on one side? Could the spindles be f%$#?

dichotomous
07-23-2008, 08:58 AM
could easily be a wheel bearing

AUTiger
07-23-2008, 09:23 AM
thanks, I'll have to pull the wheel off and take a look. It sounds to me that it's only the driver's side.

2005rollingegg
07-24-2008, 12:18 PM
With suspension its one of those thing where you got to take off the wheel and take a look. It can be a lot of different components that can be making the noise.