PDA

View Full Version : What wrong with this picture?

DownTheHatch
07-12-2002, 11:09 PM
Why do they have to change something so wonderfully styled so it will pass DOT, hyper-extending the front bumper ruining the smooth running line, slapping big reflectors on the sides of the bumpers.

Don't get me wrong, the Si looks great, I wouldn't have bought one if I didn't like it, but look how much better it can look with a few small details, theres no doubt, the si is based on the type-r the type-r is based on the original concept, so gradually you'd expect things to get mixed up and changed on its way to the USA, thankfully it still resembles its Japanese Big Brother.

Oh and thanks Organ Donor for your picture, it matched this pic perfect.

http://www.ephatch.com/whatwrong.gif

CleanBlackSi02
07-13-2002, 08:05 AM
This is why I plan on shaving those nasty reflectors.... http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382
I'll certainly be keeping my eyes open for front and rear european bumpers. That'd be a nice mod, probably necessary if you want a real Type R kit anyways...

punkdork
07-13-2002, 09:15 AM
Those reflectors make me thing its some sorta BMX bike. And the Type R nose does a lot to eliminate the minivan look.

But its not a Japanese big brother... its the European big brother.

SBC31
07-13-2002, 09:52 AM
Old news, all cars that come from Europe all have different bumpers.

OrganDonar 8=D
07-13-2002, 01:49 PM
wow i never noticed that.. i was planning on taking care of those corner lenses. i think they look good clear wich would be an easy fix compared to shaving em'.. eventually the aftermarket we'll make some of these

and no prob any1 can use my pics whenever just try not to make it look too bad comparing it to those type r's dammit :mad: lol

SmoothOperator
07-13-2002, 02:27 PM
I almost can't wait for clear sidemarkers to come out. What a difference that makes.

DownTheHatch
07-13-2002, 02:49 PM
Buy a can of high gloss black spray paint and paint your bumper lenses. I was thinking of doing this myself.

SmoothOperator
07-13-2002, 02:52 PM
Buy a can of high gloss black spray paint and paint your bumper lenses. I was thinking of doing this myself.

that'll work on a black car....but us whities must wait!

xlr8
07-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator

that'll work on a black car....but us whities must wait!
and you know how us white boys hate to wait. haha