PDA

View Full Version : primary o2 sensor help

illusionsoflife
07-23-2008, 12:38 PM
the clip that goes into the car and the wires from the o2 sensor are seperated. the wire colors are one white one green two black. anyone know the posistion these go in? any help will be awesome

groovezog
07-23-2008, 03:21 PM
I just did the same thing, except with both of the o2 sensors. If someone had a picture of the wires from the sensors going into the plug, I could re-wire it from there. Thanks for any help.

illusionsoflife
07-23-2008, 04:07 PM
I just did the same thing, except with both of the o2 sensors. If someone had a picture of the wires from the sensors going into the plug, I could re-wire it from there. Thanks for any help.

well shit...someone help both us then

j0000stin
07-24-2008, 01:19 AM
i say just replace the damn thing thats what happened to me when i installed my rh and had to remove my cat the clip was deep in there i sautered the wires in but i just replaced it and its fine now

groovezog
07-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I figured it out. Lemme see if I can explain it without pics.
If you're looking at the holes that the wires go into. There is a slot for the harness clip; rotate the slot so that it's at the bottom. Clockwise from top left, the wires go: green, white, black, black.
The black wires are just +/- for the o2 heater, so I don't think polarity matters.
Hope that helps you.
I still need to figure out the orientation for the secondary. Anyone know?

slo_k20
07-26-2008, 07:26 AM
i can't unclip the harness for either of the sensors. am i doing something wrong, or is it just stuck really tight?

lleron
07-26-2008, 07:46 AM
i can't unclip the harness for either of the sensors. am i doing something wrong, or is it just stuck really tight?

They are most likely in really tight. I have big hands and bashed my fingers pretty good trying to get my hands up under the car to unclip them. Try a flathead screwdriver if you can't get them with your hands.

groovezog
07-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Bump for some help.
If someones can snap a pic of the 2nd (rear) sensor under their car, make sure to show the wire colors going into the harness.