PDA

View Full Version : 1 kpro 2 diffrent tunes?

NHBP ep3
07-23-2008, 04:49 PM
this will probably be stupid question to most of the people who read this but heres my scenario, i have a 92 eg that i am putting a tsx into within a couple months, and i just recently bought a ep3

what i want to do is get kpro for the ep3 ecu but will i be able to also use the ep3 ecu with kpro for my tsx swap in the 92 eg and just use the same ecu for both cars and run two diffrent tunes on one ecu and somehow switch the tune i run?

its a far strech question but im just seeing if i can save some money somewheres

talonXracer
07-23-2008, 04:55 PM
You will be able to store as many calibrations as you want on your laptop and just reload them after swapping the ECU over. But I wouldnt reccomend swapping the ECU around all the time.

NHBP ep3
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
i c what u mean, if i wanted to switch them i could i would just have to keep uploading the calabration i want to use onto the ecu form my laptop

classiccelica
07-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Doing this all the time or even a few times can cause damage to the usb port on the kpro'd ecu as well.

NHBP ep3
07-23-2008, 07:04 PM
the harness im going to have to buy for the eg to run k pro is it the same as the ecu harness for the ep3? just to make sure i wont run into any problems with switching them over

blksi02
07-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Would you K-pro the PNF (ep3) ECU??? because the K-Pro for the K24 is a different ECU completely and im not sure if that would work. You could run into some problems. Is the K24 running a 6 speed? what year is the motor?

lldiesel386ll
07-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Would you K-pro the PNF (ep3) ECU??? because the K-Pro for the K24 is a different ECU completely and im not sure if that would work. You could run into some problems. Is the K24 running a 6 speed? what year is the motor?

:mrolleyes:
the ep3 ecu would work fine for kpro, be it for a k20 or k24 engine. the only major differences i can identify is that a type s ecu would permit the use of the reverse lockout solenoid on a 6 speed and certain nitrous functions that i personally could care less about.

blksi02
07-23-2008, 08:16 PM
:mrolleyes:
the ep3 ecu would work fine for kpro, be it for a k20 or k24 engine. the only major differences i can identify is that a type s ecu would permit the use of the reverse lockout solenoid on a 6 speed and certain nitrous functions that i personally could care less about.

Obviously the EP ECU would work fine for K-Pro. But the Question is will it work for that year K24. He said the motor is from a tsx. The TSX is drive by wire after 2004 i believe. That would not work.

NHBP ep3
07-23-2008, 09:45 PM
the motor i plan on useing was 06+ tsx and i plan on using a 5 speed tranny basically what your saying lldiesel386ll is that if i wanted to use a 6th speed tranny for my tsx i would have to use a type s ecu because it has the reverse solnoid that the ep3 ecu does not have

heres my next question my ep3 is still under warranty so to not void it would a sepreat type s ecu with k pro work with the ep3 being its not a 6 speed and i could just use the seprate type s ecu for both motors just so if i ever did want a 6 speed tranny on either cars i could do it

lldiesel386ll
07-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Obviously the EP ECU would work fine for K-Pro. But the Question is will it work for that year K24. He said the motor is from a tsx. The TSX is drive by wire after 2004 i believe. That would not work.

all tsx's are drive by wire from what i understand--which is why everyone has been referencing the karcepts adapter in the other swap related threads so that we can use our throttle bodies :thumbu:

technically you dont have to use a type s ecu, even with the six speed. that is only necessary if you really want that reverse lockout. i found that reverse lockout is nice to have, but surprisingly unnecessary--the difference between 6th and reverse is very easy to notice. put it this way...if you accidentally pop into reverse while trying to go into 6th, you deserve to destroy your stuff :mtongue:

NHBP ep3
07-24-2008, 02:36 PM
ohhh i c so you dont really need the reverse lockout and u could run a ep3 ecu on a 6 speed tranny u just have to be cafulll not to put it into reverse lol