PDA

View Full Version : Tire pressure and aligmnments

sha-man
07-23-2008, 08:23 PM
How important is it to have correct tire pressure before performing an alignment? The reason I ask is because I recently got an alignment and the right rear tire only had 20lbs in it. My camber is -2.1 on the left rear and -1.6 on the right rear. Could this have thrown it off? BTW....I just installed H-tech's. I do have a camber kit on the way. I was just wondering why I have so much negative camber.

ep_hatcher_510
07-23-2008, 09:07 PM
when u get ur camber kit, just fill it back up to normal psi, go in for alignment , everything will be good.
tire psi does mess with alignment tho i think, i had a tire leak recently and it threw my steering off a little until i filled it back up.

Zzyzx
07-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Tire psi can absolutly influence alignments... and alignment shops know that they adjust psi before every alignment. So they were being lazy or are just plain ignorant if they didn't set your tires to the proper psi when you went in.

spike 03EP3
07-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Tire psi can absolutly influence alignments... and alignment shops know that they adjust psi before every alignment. So they were being lazy or are just plain ignorant if they didn't set your tires to the proper psi when you went in.

+1!!! If the shop didn't check your tire pressure before the alignment, they're not very well trained. I'd go somewhere else.

Back in my wrenching days when I was learning alignments, it was hammered in my head to check tire pressures before you do anything. Then once on the rack, you should bounce the car a few times front and back to settle the car.