PDA

View Full Version : How are your seat belts?

superhatch
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
The seat belts in my EP are getting a little weak on the recoil. Sometimes they are ok, other times they just fall into a pile on the floor, especially if there is a twist in them.

My 4th gens had belts replaced under a lifetime warranty stipulation noted in my manual. I bought my car from a dealer, but didn't have the manual. I'm assuming that still applies, called my dealer about it, and they didn't give me a straight answer but rather "bring it in, and we'll take a look at it".

Anyone have their belts replaced by Honda?

si4life
07-24-2008, 01:09 PM
I have the same issue. I have to help the seat belt get back in place sometimes or else it will just lay on the floor. also when i have my windows open the passenger seat belt flaps like crazy in the wind.

Stoop
07-24-2008, 01:15 PM
From the Honda Service Operations Manual:

Beginning with the 2007 model year, the seat belt warranty is 15 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first. Prior to the 2007 model year, this warranty continues for the useful life of the vehicle.

So basically, as long as you haven't done anything to your seat belts that would cause them to fail, you should be covered under the lifetime seatbelt warranty.....:mwink:

superhatch
07-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Awesome!! Thanks for the heads up!

BeaterEP
07-24-2008, 02:03 PM
From the Honda Service Operations Manual:

So basically, as long as you haven't done anything to your seat belts that would cause them to fail, you should be covered under the lifetime seatbelt warranty.....:mwink:

Shit, I could care less about the seat belts, I just wish they'd covered my cat that way!

Though my seat belts are pretty weak, too. Might make those dealership bitches replace those for me. I've gotta get something out of them. :mbiggrin:

fatathaland
07-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Funny you mention just yesterday I was thinking that my belt was recoiling fairly slowly. However, I think it's always been pretty weak. The passenger side is the same as my driver side, but there's no way it was used as much.

So I don't quite understand this warranty deal, you mean we can bring it in for slowly recoiling...or would it have to be down to *NO* recoil?

powdbyrice
07-24-2008, 02:46 PM
i had mine replaced for slow recoil under warranty. it was slow enough that the buckle would get in the way of the closing door.

BobSassafrass
07-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah I have the same exact problem. Makes me cringe to accidentally slam my door on my seatbelt. Nice to know honda will fix it though, I'll have to get that done this weekend.

Stoop
07-24-2008, 03:13 PM
So I don't quite understand this warranty deal, you mean we can bring it in for slowly recoiling...or would it have to be down to *NO* recoil?Yes, you can bring it in for slow recoiling because it is not working the way it was originally intended to work....

rsy124
07-27-2008, 03:48 AM
When I had an EP, I had the same problem, especially with the driver's side so I would end up closing the door on it a lot by accident.

I tried to get Honda to change it but it was still working enough that they wouldn't do it. Maybe if I had tried other dealerships they might have.
If it affects the safety however, all dealers of all brands are required to change them out for free due to safety laws.

Honad
07-27-2008, 06:17 PM
I have always been in the habit of just making sure that the belt goes all the way up before I close the door. I guess I've been trained by my various Honda's over the years that have had this same issue. When they get older, the belts just don't recoil like they used to.

The EP's still recoil, they just don't go up all super amazing fast like they do in my new Civic. Perhaps I should go get them looked at while the car is still within "usable life". :)

Tortoise
07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
assenger doesnt recoil at all i know that it just falls in a pile. The drivers side im not too sure because ive only driven it once. (no license yet)

benkieboy
07-31-2008, 08:44 PM
nice info! i'll bring mine next week!

lleron
08-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Am I the only one who actually has a dent in the door from closing the seatbelt in it? (It was done by the previous owner).

skoolnu
08-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Am I the only one who actually has a dent in the door from closing the seatbelt in it? (It was done by the previous owner).

i have crunched mine in the door jamb way to many times! dents i dunno, but damn it sucks.

STP03BlueSI
08-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Yes, you can bring it in for slow recoiling because it is not working the way it was originally intended to work....

Wonder if they cover the Clip. Mine doesnt want to latch sometimes.:mrolleyes:(its been replaced one other time)

AzNCrAzYcOoLeR
08-06-2008, 02:25 PM
you guys are lucky. Seat belts are not covered lifetime in canada and our cars are more expensive too!!

robotichatch
08-16-2008, 05:35 PM
does anybody know a way to make the recoil quicker?