PDA

View Full Version : Evil green flashing key!!!!!!

tallblondkid
07-24-2008, 01:09 PM
had this since i boosted and i just went last week and had it turned off... i reuploaded a kal, and now its back on... did i do something or does it go back on everytime you reupload a kal

AUTiger
07-24-2008, 01:38 PM
it's because the immobilizer is disabled. Go into parameters->misc and recheck the immobilizer.

civictype_r04
07-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Yea you should have it enabled.

tallblondkid
07-24-2008, 07:10 PM
I tried that but it wont start

jeenyusss
07-24-2008, 07:16 PM
time to take the cluster out and remove that bulb :mangel:

beechstreet
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM
take it to a dealer and get your key matched to the immobilizer.

tallblondkid
07-24-2008, 07:18 PM

i like doing things the right way, no offense

AUTiger
07-24-2008, 07:19 PM

that's what I had to do. Hondata sent me back a different ecu, no wonder I had a really fast turn around time. They got my ecu and shipped out one that was already k-pro'ed. Your other option is to drive to honda, talk to a mechanic, not the service desk and offer the tech cash to synch your key, ecu, and immobilizer.

tallblondkid
07-24-2008, 07:20 PM
take it to a dealer and get your key matched to the immobilizer.

i dont understand why is shouldnt be... but i went to the dealer last week and did that and it was fine, but when i uploaded the kal again, it didnt do it, is it possible that i didnt save the kal with it enabled and now im running the same as i was? so i haev to go back and do the same?

beechstreet
07-24-2008, 08:27 PM
i dont understand why is shouldnt be... but i went to the dealer last week and did that and it was fine, but when i uploaded the kal again, it didnt do it, is it possible that i didnt save the kal with it enabled and now im running the same as i was? so i haev to go back and do the same?

oh i thought you hadn't taken it to the dealer yet. wow, no clue then! i had the dealer match mine up and I have uploaded and downloaded kals with no problems... have you tried the hondata forums yet? those guys are quick to answer questions! good luck man

MR.Pizza
07-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Just incase you didn't, you will have to check the box and upload the kal then turn the car off and remove the key. If you have a turbo timer shut that off as well. Then reinsert the key and start it up. I'm sorry if you already tried this and I'm of no help at all.

AliG-EP3
07-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Just incase you didn't, you will have to check the box and upload the kal then turn the car off and remove the key. If you have a turbo timer shut that off as well. Then reinsert the key and start it up. I'm sorry if you already tried this and I'm of no help at all.
What he said ^

tallblondkid
07-25-2008, 06:59 AM

ill give it a shot

kon
07-25-2008, 08:00 AM
First thing you have to do is upload the calibration with immobiolizer enabled. Once you upload, make sure to take the key out of the ingnition before you start the car. Very important to do that when trying to get the imobilizer to stop flashing.

shadowmd
07-25-2008, 08:11 AM
i just unplugged the shit from the steerin column.... :mangel: btw, my kpro'd ecu isn't the one that came with my car.....and was too lazy to get it synch'd lol

tallblondkid
07-25-2008, 08:42 AM

i did that, and it worked works, thanks for the help

montrealcityboy
08-12-2008, 06:10 AM
i remember once i forgot to check it and it was bothering me lol