PDA

View Full Version : Q: about alignment stuff.

RS_man
07-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I recently took a trip to TC's Performance to get an alignment after putting on my Mugen SS. Mike stated that the allignment should take about an hour... so 20~30 minutes after waiting in the lobby I heard him call me over "We have some estimates for you." ... I knew that the Toe adjuster bolts (on the rear LCA) were pretty rusty when I brought her in and made Mike aware of them beforehand. Anyways, the bolts are completely seized and we have to cut them out. He quoted me @ $740 for the removal and replacement of these bolts plus the originally scheduled alignment. No offense to Mike but I dont think that cutting, removing, and reinstalling new bolts would/should cost that much. If I had a circular cutter and something to press the bushings out I would do it myself, but I don't...

Any Suggestions?

I also called another shop who advised me to replace the lower arm and knuckle.

liquid cooled
07-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Thats ridiculous, id find a new shop, buy and air compressor and cut off wheel from harbor freight and do it yourself, what was he charging you for just an alignment?

Is that just for labor, or what parts need to be replaced., Id do it myself but thats just me.?

Slip_Angle
07-24-2008, 07:01 PM
:mconfused: Holy crap.

what's he charge to do something BIG like replace a motor mount? $1600 :mbiggrin:

RS_man
07-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Thats ridiculous, id find a new shop, buy and air compressor and cut off wheel from harbor freight and do it yourself, what was he charging you for just an alignment?

Is that just for labor, or what parts need to be replaced., Id do it myself but thats just me.?

Thats just labor. I told him that I have and will supply the new bolts.

60 bucks for the alignment. He originally quoted me 660 for the job, then "added" the price for the alignment. Should be $720.

When I walked into the shop I had my nice work clothes on so he probably thought to himself "This guy looks loaded, maybe Ill throw an extra couple hundreds on top of what I should charge."

Im not trying to bash him but eh, what makes him think that the job should cost that much?

sLiCk
07-24-2008, 09:49 PM
by toe adjuster bolts you mean the tie rods are seized?

RS_man
07-25-2008, 07:21 AM
by toe adjuster bolts you mean the tie rods are seized?

Naw. The toe adjuster bolts on the rear LCA.

Drew1d
07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
He must be talking about replacing the LCA, new parts and all, right?