View Full Version : kpro question

trogdor48430
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM
im wonderin if krp is worth gettin

all i have in intake race header, and full exuast
is it worth gettin if so whats the things it would offer? thanks

Mr_Safeway
07-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I think it is a pretty valid question. I don't know a damn thing about kpro. Just hear a lot of good things about it.

4angrybadgers
07-25-2008, 01:12 PM
trogdor, Kpro is worth it if you are willing to do one of the following:
1) Pay for a professional tune, or
2) Spend the time to learn about Kpro/Kmanager and tune it yourself.

With just bolt-ons you won't see much improvement, but the beauty of Kpro is that you can tailor the ECU's programming to suit your exact setup, and you can change it at will.

The best way to find info on Kpro is to read and search these forums and the Hondata forums first. Odds are someone has already asked the same exact question and it's been answered. If you still can't find what you're looking for, post your question.

Well some of us get tired of telling people to search. It's kpro, yes it's worth it. I don't know about most people but when i have a question i do a search. I don't want to look like a retard by asking a question that has been asked 100+ times.

Then tell him to search, and try not being a complete jackass. Simply calling the OP a "dumbass" without offering even a shred of help is counterproductive...

trogdor48430
07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
trogdor, Kpro is worth it if you are willing to do one of the following:
1) Pay for a professional tune, or
2) Spend the time to learn about Kpro/Kmanager and tune it yourself.

With just bolt-ons you won't see much improvement, but the beauty of Kpro is that you can tailor the ECU's programming to suit your exact setup, and you can change it at will.

The best way to find info on Kpro is to read and search these forums and the Hondata forums first. Odds are someone has already asked the same exact question and it's been answered. If you still can't find what you're looking for, post your question.

Then tell him to search, and try not being a complete jackass. Simply calling the OP a "dumbass" without offering even a shred of help is counterproductive...

thank you for the useable info

EPSU3
07-25-2008, 10:43 PM
i'm in the same boat man, all i have are bolt ons but I was thinking of buying kpro because i hear the low octane tune gets some pretty good mpgs. Plus I never know what I might decide to do to the EP down the road. The gains might not be big with the bolt ons, but it opens up possibilities to bigger better things.

trogdor48430
07-26-2008, 07:47 AM
i'm in the same boat man, all i have are bolt ons but I was thinking of buying kpro because i hear the low octane tune gets some pretty good mpgs. Plus I never know what I might decide to do to the EP down the road. The gains might not be big with the bolt ons, but it opens up possibilities to bigger better things.

ya same thing not sure want i wanta do down the road

EPSU3
07-26-2008, 09:15 AM
I'd say go for it if you plan on keeping the EP a while or buying/building an other K powered car in the future. Plus the resale value is pretty good if you change you mind later. If you got the money for it, go for it.

trogdor48430
07-26-2008, 09:20 AM
ya and its not much more then a reflash either

Mickey
07-26-2008, 01:18 PM
K-Pro is the best mod you can ever do to your EP!!!!
If you decide to install bolt ons, F/I or swap, K-pro will always be useful.
I have K-pro since I started modding. Blew my a3 motor and Im still using my old reliable K-Pro'd ecu with my K20A motor.

MugenReplica
07-26-2008, 03:52 PM
dumb ass.

Not acceptable.

Keep it to constructive criticsm or quick replies such as "SEARCH, PLEASE." or possibly even "You don't know what you're talking about, search please.". Both are acceptable. Plus you prove your point and you don't have to call others names.

I'm sick of dumb F%$k's like you who can't search so you ask dumb questions.

I'm done here. To the op, you can't fix stupid.

Even if you think he's stupid, everybody has to start somewhere. Plus you already said it once in the thread. You made your point. Although name calling is unacceptable, and childish. Now, you're just trying to antagonize him. He is just asking questions. The database still has holes in it from the Godaddy.com incident. Maybe when he did search, he didn't find what he wanted. But going around calling people names repeatedly is like acting like you're in junior high again.:mrolleyes:

Please, lets keep this forum friendly and helpful.:ephatch:

Deadphishy
07-26-2008, 07:08 PM
I tuned my own car once. I was so safe with it i made the car slower.... Had a perfect 13.2 AFR across the board, with no knocks on 94oct, but it was slow:mcry:

get a professional

AUTiger
07-26-2008, 09:40 PM
I tuned my own car once. I was so safe with it i made the car slower.... Had a perfect 13.2 AFR across the board, with no knocks on 94oct, but it was slow:mcry:

get a professional

did you raise the rev limit or tune ignition? I was just wondering because you said you tuned it to run real safe. I am still tweaking my a/f and I definitely feel a difference, not only that with theta dyno I have been able to see the improvements each time I make changes to a calibration and run a datalog. I will be playing with ignition the next few days while I still have a laptop and hope to extract just a tiny bit more.

civicswapper
07-29-2008, 03:57 PM
KPRO is the best thing for the car Hands Down.

trogdor48430
07-29-2008, 06:39 PM
decided im goin to get kpro and brian crower stage 3 cams this winter :mbiggrin:

thetunersource
08-06-2008, 06:44 PM
awesome man! good luck!

skoundrelusa
08-11-2008, 07:36 AM
There really should be a "K-Pro for Dummies" thread (not calling the OP a dummy), just because I don't know shit about K-Pro either lol

EPSU3
08-11-2008, 04:25 PM
that's a good idea, because everytime i get bored I get online and think about buying Kpro, but worry if I can actually benefit from it, and if I can learn to street tune. Overall, i have lots of questions about it, and a thread answering at least all the basic stuff, plus whatever anyone wants to throw in would be great. Just to cut down on all of us who are curious and ask people all the time. I've probably asked like 5 different kpro questions in a year, even after searching and reading.

T_Virus
08-12-2008, 07:18 AM
I hear you...I want it as well, but it seems scary...lol...well, guess I got to start reading...

FoReVaPmP
08-19-2008, 07:28 AM
There really should be a "K-Pro for Dummies" thread (not calling the OP a dummy), just because I don't know shit about K-Pro either lol

This is the closest that you will get to "K-pro for Dummies"....

CLick Here (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44703&highlight=kpro+cal)

To the OP, great purchase you will love it once you learn it...... :mbiggrin: Happy Tunning

**CLOSED**