PDA

View Full Version : can kpro get rid of any cel

j0000stin
07-24-2008, 11:11 PM
so somethings up with my primary o2 sensor and i was wondering if kpro could just get rid of that cel

kprocivic
07-24-2008, 11:29 PM
so somethings up with my primary o2 sensor and i was wondering if kpro could just get rid of that cel

yes it can.

AUTiger
07-25-2008, 12:08 AM
But then I believe you would have no way of tuning your a/f. Which means you would just have to run off a basemap. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

j0000stin
07-25-2008, 01:55 AM
But then I believe you would have no way of tuning your a/f. Which means you would just have to run off a basemap. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

if so doesnt that mean i wouldnt be able to upgrade to larger injectors because im planning on going fi

4angrybadgers
07-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Kpro can clear any CEL, but it's gonna come back if you don't fix the source of the problem.

If you can't get a reliable A/F measurement then you cannot tune the car, no matter what size injectors you have. The A/F ratio is absolutely necessary for tuning.

j0000stin
07-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Kpro can clear any CEL, but it's gonna come back if you don't fix the source of the problem.

If you can't get a reliable A/F measurement then you cannot tune the car, no matter what size injectors you have. The A/F ratio is absolutely necessary for tuning.

damn! beacuse this cel is bugging the crap out of me and no one here seems to know whats wrong or just doesnt help me?:mcry:

D.A.V.E.
07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Bad primary o2 = crappy mileage

Without the primary o2, you can only run in open loop mode.

What code are you getting? It may be the heater circuit? They go bad fairly often.

j0000stin
07-25-2008, 11:23 AM

What code are you getting? It may be the heater circuit? They go bad fairly often.

i did the diy cel reader and its flashing 5 blinks=4 slow 1 fast which read = bad sensor as done from k-series.com

http://k-series.com/tech_document.php?id=37\

and here is the list of codes

http://k-series.com/dtc.html

im getting number 41 hence the 4 slow and 1 fast blinks, which all point to the primary but i switched that primary out and i even replaced the harness because my original harness was busted

Oxygen
07-25-2008, 01:08 PM
You could go to AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts and let them read the code for you. It is free, and that way you know if it is a bad sensor or not.

4angrybadgers
07-25-2008, 01:10 PM

A CEL for a primary doesn't always mean bad gas mileage. I went for several weeks with a P0134, and my gas mileage never changed. (I did replace the primary and that solved the CEL.)

i did the diy cel reader and its flashing 5 blinks=4 slow 1 fast which read = bad sensor as done from k-series.com

im getting number 41 hence the 4 slow and 1 fast blinks, which all point to the primary but i switched that primary out and i even replaced the harness because my original harness was busted

Have you gone to a shop (Autozone, etc.) to get the DTC from their OBD-II code reader? I tried the DIY CEL reader and I was never entirely sure about the code...

1GR8EP3
08-06-2008, 07:07 PM

so do you know if there is a diy to repair the heater circuit, it sounds like mine is bad becouse the kpro says that its the primary o2 heater malfunction or something in that sort... i need to write the code down....

AUTiger
08-06-2008, 07:17 PM
so do you know if there is a diy to repair the heater circuit, it sounds like mine is bad becouse the kpro says that its the primary o2 heater malfunction or something in that sort... i need to write the code down....

buy a new primary o2 sensor

1GR8EP3
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
i did and a week later it came back... so does the o2 senosr itself have a circuit in it????

jdmej814
08-08-2008, 04:38 PM
should be. i doubt the k pro would do so.

playap07
08-08-2008, 09:14 PM
so how do you clear the cel code????? i just been uploading the kal again to clear it......whats an easier way?

jjermzz
08-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Ever think to change the CAT, I had cat below efficiency threshold code, which triggered primary O2 sensor. I changed the cat and it fixed that.

If you changed the o2 and still getting code then time to move to the cat.

You can get Cats cheap, if used. Then sell your old one at a scrap yard for 150-185 bucks. I changed the cat at about 120xxx.

4angrybadgers
08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
The previous discussion was about the primary O2 sensor. A bad catalytic converter would throw a totally different code, P0420.

15000rpms
08-10-2008, 11:10 AM
what if it's only because you changed your header to a race header?

4angrybadgers
08-10-2008, 03:35 PM
almost anything

For a first post, that was pretty useless...

what if it's only because you changed your header to a race header?

Usually that trips a P0420 (the ECU thinks the catalytic converter is going bad). Do the DIY secondary O2 spacer (not on the primary, on the secondary!) and that normally will prevent the P0420 whether you have Kpro or not. I believe you can disable OBD-II in Kpro and it will also ignore a P0420, but I'm not entirely sure.

sleepyEP3
08-11-2008, 06:30 PM

Why don't you just go to any Advance Auto/Auto Zone/ and read you codes and have them printed up FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!?????????? Or you can keep counting blinks. Just ask to borrow their OBD2 scanner.

sleepyEP3
08-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Or just but the sensor. They are pretty pricey though. I bought mine from Honda. $311.00 I'm sure you can find it cheaper. Look on www.oxygensensors.com. They have a walker for 152 and a Denso for 207.

4angrybadgers
08-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Or just but the sensor. They are pretty pricey though. I bought mine from Honda. $311.00 I'm sure you can find it cheaper. Look on www.oxygensensors.com. They have a walker for 152 and a Denso for 207.

He said he already swapped the primary, so buying another one is like pissing into the wind. The correct thing to do is to get the DTCs read first, instead of blowing money away on something that has already been replaced.

jblanco325
08-14-2008, 03:02 PM

instead off all that just tun off the "obd2 sensors"(i think been a while) it is under one of the tabs wont affect the car at all and it is way less headaches trust me.

4angrybadgers
08-14-2008, 04:42 PM
instead off all that just tun off the "obd2 sensors"(i think been a while) it is under one of the tabs wont affect the car at all and it is way less headaches trust me.

:mrolleyes: Disabling OBD2 will not ignore a DTC from the primary O2 sensor, only the secondary O2 sensor. Go back and read the thread, you will find that j0000stin was talking about the primary.

jblanco325
08-14-2008, 08:53 PM
o sorry jk
ya i just skimmed over it my bad