PDA

View Full Version : a/c

seamusep3
07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
I have an 04 just broke 50k and my a/c which i run everyday stopped blowwing out cold air. fan still runs just not cold any ideas?

v1c10us
07-25-2008, 08:35 AM
1. refill your freon
2. if this fails turn the car to the off position and hold the far left and right hvac buttons, i think its A/C and defrost, while holding these buttons turn the car to the on position and hold them down untill something weird happens, it will go through all the a/c functions and at the end of it either everything will go back, or some light will blink numerous times.
If it does then let me know and i'll find you what the blinks mean.
if nothing blinks then its not something the troubleshooting utility can detect.
Check for a faulty compressor
check for a faulty compressor clutch
check for a faulty pressure sensor.
although i believe the trouble shooting method i explained will detect any of these things and give you an error code.

dj addicted
07-25-2008, 08:53 AM
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago and the clutch assembly had actually broken off the compressor. Jack up the car and take a look.

03ep3 stapel
07-26-2008, 01:51 PM
just take out the ac who needs it

seamusep3
07-28-2008, 11:56 AM
DJ thanks for the response. But telling the truth i am not sure what i am looking for.

dj addicted
07-28-2008, 12:37 PM
this is just a random picture of an AC compressor. The black part attached to the pully is the clutch assembly. Mine completely broke off.

http://www.omega-usa.com/client/Images/20-04825.gif

minivan_assassin
07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
DJ thanks for the response. But telling the truth i am not sure what i am looking for.

Take it to a professional then. The HVAC system is one of the few things I don't backyard mechanic. Take it to someone who can quickly diagnose it. Besides, if anything is replaced and the line is opened it needs to be professionally evacuated and refilled.

20CiviC02Si
07-30-2008, 05:52 AM
I am looking to take off my a/c system soon. Maybe this week if i get a chance.

s194756
07-30-2008, 07:10 AM
To OP, Most likely you are out of refrigerant. If your A/C started blowing warm air all of the sudden, then you likely have a leak in the system, which is why you would have no refrigerant. You will need gauges to check refrigerant levels and dye to check the system for leaks, or you can have these checked @ a shop. I hope that you will not have the experience I am having as outlined below.

Begins related topic thread jack: In my recent experience w/ A/C, I had a section of hose replaced as well as the receiver dryer by a Honda dealer. My A/C worked fine for 2 days, and then went back to blowing warm air again. Only this time the compressor kicks on (it did not kick on before when there was no refrigerant present) and there is a whistling noise coming from the HVAC vents when the A/C button is on (the whistling does not happen when only the fan is running). I have another appointment w/ the Honda dealer 8/4 to see what is wrong now. Until then, I am sweating it out.