PDA

View Full Version : Bent comptech rear sway

Bificus
07-25-2008, 12:45 PM
I noticed some pulling and uneven dampening and noticed some anomaly with the sway bushing with small tears and paint worn off the sway. I re greased em and reinstalled them. Better at first still not right. Put on the OEM 15mm bar perfect. Bought new energy suspension bushings and they wont line up level because the bar is bound up on the side that had the torn bushing and strange wear on the bar. I also had trouble with the endlinks aligning:
Left side | Rightside/
No accident either.

Windchaser
07-25-2008, 12:49 PM
installing the sway bar upside down?

bunk
07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
installing the sway bar upside down?

^^ that's a possibility.

Bificus
07-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Nope, I have had it for years this just started.

Bificus
07-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Forum is acting funny:
"Drew1d has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Bent comptech rear sway - in the Suspension | Wheels and Tires forum of ephatch.com forum."
"Is there any loose play in the rest of the suspension? I suppose the bar could bend if you fishtail a lot."

Yeah I give the suspension a workout and I have some expansion joints that are pretty harsh that i drive on frequently. I guess I need a new rear sway the 15mm OEM one isn't going to cut it for long! I wonder if there are any CTR 22mm ones around?

ep_hatcher_510
07-26-2008, 01:21 PM
icb motorsports has them in stock now, or you can get the 05-06 type S sway (21mm) for more cheaper, in case you bend another one is a cheaper replacement. :mwink: