PDA

View Full Version : drivers side door wont unlock.

tribalsi
07-26-2008, 08:00 AM
hey whats up guys,
i have a problem whenever i use the remote to unlock my doors the driver's side door doesnt unlock. The lock looks like its moving but it wont unlock or lock the door. The stange thing is that this only happens when its really hot but at night the locks work totally fine. So i thought maybe something was clogging the area around the lock button on top of the door so i cleaned it pretty throughly.

eunsangie
07-26-2008, 10:29 AM
hmmm, i was gonna say replace the lock actuator, but im not sure about it cuz you said it works at night.

tribalsi
07-27-2008, 08:42 PM
how hard is it to replace it...because ill probably be taking the door panel to look a the darn thing tomorrow

SiiK20
07-28-2008, 12:49 AM
Bump.
I need this info too. Any input?

sprockin
08-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Sometimes things hamper the movement of the the bar leading to the lock switch on the door panel. They also come out of their guides and won't work all that well. That is usually a do/don't work situation though, not so much a works half the time, but these are the times I've seen one try to lock but not. It is good to take the door panel off to make sure it moves freely with the panel off.
It would be weird if it just stopped working without being fiddled with since the last time it was working. I could imagine it would be an actuator giving out as well, but I haven't worked on an EP in a while so I'm not positive.

tieu
08-04-2008, 06:26 AM
yeaa its weird that it works at morning and not at night..

so with the remote it doesnt unlock, what about using the unlock switch in the car??
check the actuator