PDA

View Full Version : CAI question

cantonep3
07-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey got a cold air intake and its missing whatever holds the oxygen sensor in place. any ideas on how to put the sensor on without duct tape

KevinEP3
07-26-2008, 04:18 PM
the opening is there right but no clip. i believe my aem just slides in with a tight fit i dont remember but ne way i had a cai from ebay and had to use electrical tape (at least its black).

cantonep3
07-26-2008, 05:45 PM
what do you think. tryto make the hole bigger. Looks like it 1/32 to small. or silicone the sensor onto the intake

Emerica459
07-27-2008, 07:19 AM
what do you think. tryto make the hole bigger. Looks like it 1/32 to small. or silicone the sensor onto the intake

what kind of intake is it? And the sensor is the intake air temp sensor. Usually it should of come witha rubber grommet and the sensor just slides in.

jimmyjames
07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
If the CAI is missing the rubber grommet, contact the manufacturer for a new one.
If it's a cheaper ebay generic version, check out home depot for a grommet.

If you can get the right dimensions, go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and type in "rubber grommets"
Scroll down to SBR Rubber Grommets and find the one you need. It'll be about $5 plus shipping.

cantonep3
07-28-2008, 05:32 PM
I guess the best way to say your a cpeap a$$ is to show. I got a Nopi CAI ive tried calling them to see if I have missed something and they said they have no more in stock

cantonep3
07-28-2008, 05:35 PM
all it has is a metal 1/4 inch hole. so all i need to find is a 1/4 inch hose and twist it in the hole then twist the sensor into the hose?? Our take it off and put the factory intake back on

jimmyjames
07-28-2008, 07:23 PM
all it has is a metal 1/4 inch hole. so all i need to find is a 1/4 inch hose and twist it in the hole then twist the sensor into the hose?? Our take it off and put the factory intake back ongo to www.mcmaster.com, they have a rubber grommet that will fit I am sure.

And it's NOPI brand intake? Not another brand name sold by NOPI?

cantonep3
07-29-2008, 06:54 AM
Its the Number One Parts Inc. Cold Air Intake. Except for the o2 sensor the entire kit fit perfect and I think it works great.

talonXracer
07-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Just go to any auto-parts store and they usually will have a pkg with a selection of rubber grommets that will have one that will work.

Also it isnt a oxygen sensor, it is the INTAKE AIR TEMP probe.

cantonep3
07-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Thank you for fixing my mistake. Did a search on that title and I was dead wrong. Im going to pep boys tonight to find it. Since i saw you thread about the bypass you might know the answer. Can that sensor affect gas milage?