PDA

View Full Version : Not part of the Si culture

snubnose
07-13-2002, 09:48 AM
I have to admit I understand very little of what is mentioned in the threads on this forum.

I am a man who bought the Honda Civic Si because of the quality, reliability, and fit and finish of the Honda brand. I loved the Si because of the look, the practicality and the power.

But when the members here talk about mods like lowering, intake, wheels and nitrous I am not familiar with the terms.

Sure, the wheel gap looks a little big, but I don't want to lower my car and hear it scrape when I pull into the driveway or when I drive over a speedbump.

I don't believe the Si is a race car, just a beautiful Honda Civic with power and handling.

I love the way the car looks stock. I don't want to junk it up with aftermarket add-ons.

I guess I am the square of this forum. I mostly enjoy listening to am talk radio when I'm driving.

I prefer not to take the revs above 3500. But I still enjoy the car's zip when I put it into the next gear and it instantly takes off.

I have no desire to street race this car.

I wash the car twice a week and wax it once a month. I love the large, broad, accessible panels that make it easy to clean.

The Si has everything i need: cruise control, power moonroof, AC, six speaker stereo, spotlights and power doors and locks.

When the rear seats fold flat, there is an unbelievable amount of room.

This car is me. It is like a black little shark maneuvering on the blacktop.

In my opinion, there has never been a car with such value, power, refinement, and features.

DownTheHatch
07-13-2002, 10:32 AM
We have no problem with that. Alot of that has to do with your age, if you were part of the younger generation you would be into all the aftermarket parts etc. But wait a second, I have to take that back, we have some older ones here who are into it, I think that it has to do with if you are a motor head, car enthusiast, power junkie...

I'm glad you like your Si so much! I just filled out the J.D. Power and Associates survey I got in the mail. Gave it real good marks so it gets an award :)

SmoothOperator
07-13-2002, 01:18 PM
FourJays don't encourage him! Once you start modding, it becomes an addiction, and you can't stop. Next thing you know, you're dropping a lot of money into the car. I wish I was more like snubnose! Glad you like the car!

snubnose
07-13-2002, 01:31 PM
I just like elegant simplicity. Personally, I think the Si is beautiful as is.

I even actually believe the wheels that came with the car are beautiful.

My Si is a beautiful, high precision instrument; I don't want to turn it into a sleek suicide coffin.

I tried to see how fast my car was once. It was on 95, going North. I had it up to 80 and then started revving. The cars ahead of me were literally panicking to get out of my way. And these were the cars in the express lane. I vowed I would never use my extra power, that especially occurs between 80 and 120 mph, to scare people.

I'm sure there are trauma surgeons who can explain better than me about the types of injuries that occur at high velocity.

I want my car and I to last a long time. I don't want to start a thread entitled "Crashed my Si" or "Lost a leg racing."

Mechanic
07-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Snubnose,

Welcome to the forum. In fact, I'm delighted that you're here. It demonstrates that the Si appeals to a full spectrum of potential owners. That's good. The more Honda sells, the better it is for all of us.

IceD out N CALI
07-13-2002, 03:01 PM
I second that mechanic

TezGari
07-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by snubnose
I have to admit I understand very little of what is mentioned in the threads on this forum.

I am a man who bought the Honda Civic Si because of the quality, reliability, and fit and finish of the Honda brand. I loved the Si because of the look, the practicality and the power.

But when the members here talk about mods like lowering, intake, wheels and nitrous I am not familiar with the terms.

Sure, the wheel gap looks a little big, but I don't want to lower my car and hear it scrape when I pull into the driveway or when I drive over a speedbump.

I don't believe the Si is a race car, just a beautiful Honda Civic with power and handling.

I love the way the car looks stock. I don't want to junk it up with aftermarket add-ons.

I guess I am the square of this forum. I mostly enjoy listening to am talk radio when I'm driving.

I prefer not to take the revs above 3500. But I still enjoy the car's zip when I put it into the next gear and it instantly takes off.

I wash the car twice a week and wax it once a month. I love the large, broad, accessible panels that make it easy to clean.

The Si has everything i need: cruise control, power moonroof, AC, six speaker stereo, spotlights and power doors and locks.

In my opinion, there has never been a car with such value, power, refinement, and features.

Same here: i might just add intake, but the car is a charm stock. Inand out.. also great on gas! im gona leave my one stock till i get so bored with it (i doubt).

TezGari
07-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by snubnose

Same here: i might just add intake, but the car is a charm stock. Inand out.. also great on gas! im gona leave my one stock till i get so bored with it (i doubt). i just got it above 630 miles, im waitng till 1K to have FUN!!!

stingyboy
07-14-2002, 03:35 PM
i agree with a lot of what you're saying, but to imply that it's a finely tuned instrument that cannot be improved upon is stretching things a bit, i think.

particularly when discussing the wheel/tire combo. they look and perform absolutely terribly imo.

consider the type-r stock ---------> 17" wheels on 205/50/17 (i think) and the ride height is 15 mm lower.

i'm glad you're happy, but i think the car looks/performs WAY better with a nice set of 17's lowered a bit.